BlackBerry CEO calls Apple's iPhone user interface outdated

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 291
    If it is not broken, don't fix it! iPhone's interface is so easy to use, accessible and fast, if it is not broken, why upgrade the GUI? It is like a car, it got steering wheel, the design is seriously outdated, why not change it? There is no need because it is STILL working the way it is DESIGNED to be. Don't fix the design of steering wheel, it is still working, therefore don't fix it. iPhone can continue to upgrade its technology to provide better graphics, better application support, better video, and all that jazz, but leave GUI alone.

If it is not broken, don't fix it!
  • Reply 282 of 291
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member

Anyone who thinks the current version of iOS is not any different than the first version, beyond the basic functionality, is either not familiar or is just trying to blow smoke up someones arse.

• Reply 283 of 291
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

"BlackBerry CEO calls Apple's iPhone user interface outdated"

What a sad comment from the leader I thought was going to save RIM.  It shows desperation.

If only the RIM OS10 software could come close to what Apple's iOS has had for years!

I've now had a BB Playbook for 14 months, fairly good hardware, but very inferior software.

If only it could come slightly closer to my iPhone iOS5 software or my our iPad's software.

No browser bookmark manager, slowdowns and inconsistent touch response obviously due to slowness in  the software.  Very poor Apps, many I try don't work at all.  No good Stock App.

Doesn't connect to some WiFi hotspots.

Our iPhone and iPad do all the things I find poor in the RIM OS10 software.

I'll to give my frustrating limited RIM PB away and get a Mini iPad.

But not to a friend who will get annoyed at me for dumping my tech  trash.

• Reply 284 of 291
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    josha wrote: »
    I've now had a BB Playbook for 14 months, fairly good hardware, but very inferior software.
    If only it could come slightly closer to my iPhone iOS5 software or my our iPad's software.
    No browser bookmark manager, slowdowns and inconsistent touch response obviously due to slowness in  the software.  Very poor Apps, many I try don't work at all.  No good Stock App.
    Doesn't connect to some WiFi hotspots.

Thanks for this post; I read some review, albeit short, but you sum it up nicely. One thing that keeps coming back is the touch response; Apple devices are always accurate, 'speedy' and somehow ignore accidental touches. While typing that last one out I cannot fully comprehend what I mean by that; simply restating what others write, yet I concur. How's that for a magical device¿
  • Reply 285 of 291
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntensorPoet View Post

If it is not broken, don't fix it! iPhone's interface is so easy to use, accessible and fast, if it is not broken, why upgrade the GUI? It is like a car, it got steering wheel, the design is seriously outdated, why not change it? There is no need because it is STILL working the way it is DESIGNED to be. Don't fix the design of steering wheel, it is still working, therefore don't fix it. iPhone can continue to upgrade its technology to provide better graphics, better application support, better video, and all that jazz, but leave GUI alone.

It's not a question of fixing, but of updating.

My Nokia 3310 was great and perfect for me. That doesn't mean that it didn't need to be updated.

And the back button is currently broken on iPhone 5 being on the top left. Same for the notification tray on iPad which just looks awful.

• Reply 286 of 291
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

"And if it breaks when you bent, you better not put it in"
  • Reply 287 of 291

blackberry Z10 does not do this why does iphone.

NEWARK, N.J. — A man convicted of illegally gaining access to AT&T's servers and stealing more than 100,000 e-mail addresses of iPad users is facing sentencing.

Andrew Auernheimer is scheduled to appear in federal court in Newark today.

The former Arkansas resident was convicted in November of identity theft and conspiracy to gain unauthorized access to computers. Prosecutors are seeking a sentence of 33 to 41 months. Auernheimer's attorney says his client should receive probation.

Prosecutors say Auernheimer was part of an online group that tricked AT&T's website into divulging the email addresses, including those of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, film mogul Harvey Weinstein and other celebrities.

• Reply 288 of 291

so you only post iphone good never iphone bad shame on you

• Reply 289 of 291

Ha ha! I have a BB10 and its almost giving me a migraine. Mr Heins, before you make such comments, read user feedback at the BB Supportforums:

- I still havent been able to transfer my calendar entries from my older Blackberry 9900 to the Z10. Tried every solution listed. How’s that for an advanced OS.

- The killed push-email, the ONLY great thing they had. Sad. (of course, I know many a fan will pounce and offer XWZ solutions, but the earlier BBs had fantastic email. This one does not even close. My god. The OS is advanced way beyond and declared email dead.

- Randomly, some of my emails show as read, even though I have never seen them. BB10 is so advanced, thinks email is dead.

- My device screen orientation lock isn’t working. Must be because the OS is so futuristic, it doesnt want to be disturbed by us prehistoric people - Sometimes, the contact app cannot be quit. I have to pull the battery. Wow. Futuristic.

- BB10 thinks iPhone OS is outdated because in an iPhone you can’t pull the battery to fix problems at least 3 times a day - sometimes is impossible to get out of the camera app without pulling the battery. Awesome. They must be doing this in the future.

- there is no way to know the total number of contacts in my contact book, something I could do in my 12 year old Symbian phone. In the future, I believe, numbers have no value.

- The BB10 OS is so advanced it doesn’t ship with a built in simple notes app. You have to use the built in heavy duty word processor app.

- the BB10 is so futuristic, the alarm clock doesn’t tell you how many hours before it goes off. Why bother with all the useless information. That was for 10 year old symbian devices.

- The BB10 Z10 is so advanced that it doesn’t care about SMTP Authentication. You must switch it off else randomly some mails never leave the phone. Of course, authentication is so outdated.

- The BB10 is so advanced that the top menu bar doesn’t show what’s the date and day of the week it is. Humans of the future have it embedded in their heads.

- the BB10 is so much into the future that apps don’t have the top menu bar, so while using an app if you need to see the time, battery or signal bevel, you have the leave the app. Wow! I feel like on a galactic mission already. -

- BB10 is so advanced that customers are not year ready for it. My BB shop guy told me customers want to return it for an iPhone

- The BB is such a progressive, advanced and global phone that if I bought it unlocked in London, I couldn’t access the updates in Thailand. Awesome. In the future we get more compartmentalised.

- And yes,its so futuristic, it doesn’t say which processor it’s using. The Snapdragon or the other one.

- The BB10 is so much into the future that it’s so damn difficult to figure out how to change the default colour and size of email text. The humans of the future cannot waste time on stupid details like these. After all, they need the time to watch their BBs boot from battery pulls. Sigh… I could go on…

• Reply 290 of 291

why is bbry stock going up we said it was junk were we wrong i hope not.

• Reply 291 of 291
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    jinjinjin wrote: »
    why is bbry stock going up we said it was junk were we wrong i hope not.

Check out Palm's stock in between the time they announced their WebOS and Palm Pre to a little after they released their product. It's the wish that BB can make a comeback, not anything that can validated by facts.