Moved: Frontpage like software for mac?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I want to make a very simple web page for myself. I don't want to write the html cuz it takes way too long and I'm not that great at it. Is there something like frontpage for Mac? Something free and easy to use?

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: alcimedes ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    josephgjosephg Posts: 111member
    Netscape Communicator (4.x on OS 9) came with Netscape Composer, and I remember using that fairly intuitively before I learned HTML.

Also, Adobe PageMill used to ship bundled with many printers and scanners, so you might be able to find a copy of that laying around.

I'm stubborn and write HTML in Simpletext, so I can't vouch for either of those programs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You said you were looking for something like FrontPage, which is NOT free. If you are willing to toss some money into something, I would go with Adobe's GoLive. You're not going to find a very good WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web page editor for free.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Macasaurus:

<strong>I want to make a very simple web page for myself. I don't want to write the html cuz it takes way too long and I'm not that great at it. Is there something like frontpage for Mac? Something free and easy to use?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Head over to Mozilla.org and download mozilla 1.1. It comes with composer, which is free, and great for creating simple (or complex!) Web pages. More info on composer is available<a href="http://wp.netscape.com/browsers/using/newusers/composer/"; target="_blank">here</a>.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    good question, which will probably get a few more answers over in the Software forum....

moving now.