New 'Why iPhone' section of Apple's web site touts smartphone superiority

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73

• Reply 62 of 73
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    "The Retina display on iPhone ushered in the era of super-high-resolution displays. Its pixel density is so high, your eye can%u2019t distinguish individual pixels. The images and words are amazingly vivid and crisp. Everything just looks so real. In fact, once you see a Retina display, you%u2019re never satisfied with anything less. Yet it remains a feature found only on iPhone and other Apple products."

I don't know how they can get away with these lies.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

"The Retina display on iPhone ushered in the era of super-high-resolution displays. Its pixel density is so high, your eye can%u2019t distinguish individual pixels. The images and words are amazingly vivid and crisp. Everything just looks so real. In fact, once you see a Retina display, you%u2019re never satisfied with anything less. Yet it remains a feature found only on iPhone and other Apple products."

I don't know how they can get away with these lies.

It's partly true.  Except that it's only found on iPhone and Apple products.  HTC, LG and Sony all have true, full 1080p HD, full RGB pixel 400+ dpi displays on their new flagships...

• Reply 64 of 73
    Obviously true.

Its a trademark, and no one else is allowed to use the word.
  • Reply 65 of 73

I didn't see anywhere that it was a trademark. And you can't trademark retina. Retina display at least.

• Reply 66 of 73
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    clemynx wrote: »
    I didn't see anywhere that it was a trademark. And you can't trademark retina. Retina display at least.

I posted a link to it in this thread.
  • Reply 67 of 73

Ah ok. Still, them playing on words like that isn't very classy. The HTC one has a lot higher ppi.

• Reply 68 of 73
    "ushered in the era of"

Simply Apple is claiming that those massive 1080p phones are in the same era as their 3.5" and 4" phones.
    Obviously they did set that trend that has carried forwards.
  • Reply 69 of 73
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

Simply Apple is claiming that those massive 1080p phones are in the same era as their 3.5" and 4" phones.

So… you're claiming they're not?

• Reply 70 of 73
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    Hello!
  • Reply 71 of 73
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In wireless, Apple touts the iPhone 5 as delivering "ultrafast wireless and LTE," stating that "Apple engineers not only created a way to fit LTE in the thin iPhone profile, they did it in a way that optimizes battery life, too. 

Minor quibble:  it was Qualcomm who created a way to fit LTE in everyone's thin phones, by coming up with a lower power all-in-one multi-protocol broadband modem.

• Reply 72 of 73
    When I veiwed the web page Flicker had the 4S in 1st place followed by the 5(not 4) and 4, maybe they changed it.
  • Reply 73 of 73
    yazolightyazolight Posts: 118member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

He thinks that we all lie about what Apple products do and that this new page directly from Apple will "set us straight" on the facts.

Thank you TS.