Apple's iPhone dominates for 9th straight win in JD Power customer satisfaction survey

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're doing it wrong. Completely wrong.

There is nothing misleading about the chart at all, and it clearly shows that the results on that chart begin at 600. Anybody who can read a chart can see that. 

Apple is five stars because once again they are miles and leaps ahead of any other company, which has been the case for quite some time now.

Your pathetic attempts at trying to downplay Apple's superior customer satisfaction compared to everybody else's much lower scores shows that you know nothing about Apple at all, and it also shows that you can not objectively read a chart.

No amount of ridiculous spin, denial or insane, crack fueled delusion can detract from the fact that Apple's customers are the most satisfied customers on the planet by a long shot, and for good reason. 

And in closing, you remind me of this guy right here:

Do you talk to people like that in real life, or only from a position of anonymity on a web forum? If the former, may I please ask you to share what you have found through extensive experience to be the best remedies for facial bruising?

• Reply 22 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

>> Yes count me in to the perfectly satisfied Apple custumers.

Man, I wish I could say that, too. I'm what you might call "Mostly satisfied." I find way more things to like than dislike about the Apple experience, but there are still SOME things that others do better. Not enough to make me switch or feel "dissatisfied" but enough for me to stay willing to at least evaluate alternatives.

• Reply 23 of 30
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    daharder wrote: »
    Hmmm?

This chart seems rather misleading as it t takes a small chunk of the 1000 (only 250) and blows it up with no indication on the bottom of the bars that the bottom of the graph is cut off. This makes blackberry look like it is off of Apple by half, when in fact the difference is much smaller.

Seriously Now... An overall 80% is barely a pass, but 86% is 5/5 stars - Get Real!

Yeah, 2 to 3 circles is very nearly the same as 5 circles, too. How dare they show the differences? /s

I would suggest that you take a course in reading graphs. There's nothing unclear about that graph - and it's very common for this type of survey to have relatively small differences in scores. That doesn't mean that the differences aren't real - it just means that the consumer is giving the manufacturer something like 500 just for having a working phone.

You're just miffed because Apple won. Again.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Man, I wish I could say that, too. I'm what you might call "Mostly satisfied." I find way more things to like than dislike about the Apple experience, but there are still SOME things that others do better. Not enough to make me switch or feel "dissatisfied" but enough for me to stay willing to at least evaluate alternatives.

So why do you have to "switch" anything?

I myself own multiple phones both iOS and Android, multiple PC's Mac and Windows, an Apple TV, Raspberry Pi, Western Digital media thing, X-Box 360 and Playstation 3.

I use them all at various times to get the best of everything.

• Reply 25 of 30
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Even further evidence of Apple's downwards spiral with Cook at the helm. Only #1, by a wide margin? How dissapointing. 

• Reply 26 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So why do you have to "switch" anything?

I myself own multiple phones both iOS and Android, multiple PC's Mac and Windows, an Apple TV, Raspberry Pi, Western Digital media thing, X-Box 360 and Playstation 3.

I use them all at various times to get the best of everything.

You're smarter than me. I can barely get a table lamp and power outlet to work together, much less devices from different vendors!

• Reply 27 of 30
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    My thoughts exactly, DaHarder.  This Wall-street-style chart is misleading and seems designed to exaggerate the differences.  The scale is presented as a linear scale, though it's not clear if the lowest-possible score is actually 600.  There is also no indication of the statistical significance of the differences.  Not even the number of respondents.  Perhaps JDP offers such details to paying clients only, I don't know.  In any event, AT BEST this can be viewed as marketing hyperbole.

I noticed they forgot to label the X Axis. Oh wait. Snap. What is next on the Apple hater agenda?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

There certainly is nothing wrong with evaluating other options. Actually I do that too from time to time.

At work I sometimes have no choise but to use PC's (thank good only for controling and retrieving Data of some analytical instruments). But in the case of the iPhone or iPad, there is (for me at least) simply no alternative there.

• Reply 29 of 30
    If they used results from any POS entry level smart phone from any of the other manufacturers vs the current iPhone then the entire study is invalid. Otherwise it's like comparing bicycles to a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    lokifish wrote: »
    If they used results from any POS entry level smart phone from any of the other manufacturers vs the current iPhone then the entire study is invalid. Otherwise it's like comparing bicycles to a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

So are you suggesting they leave such phones out of the "marketshare" figures as well?

A market dominated by iPhones and cheap low-mid range Android phones.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.