iTunes visuals gone

ftft
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Can anyone figure out what to do? I have dumped iTunes app and reinstalled 2.0.4 but the visuals are still not there. Everything else in iTunes works including the graphics that announce each song.

Have recently upgraded to QT6. I'm using OS 9.2.1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,554member
    I had this for a while then it went away. I tried reinstalling iTunes but it didn't seem to help. It could be coincidental but I feel that just leaving the visuals on let it "fix" itself. I speculate that there was a period where the visuals were all black on black and therefore invisible.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You might want to install itunes3.. free off the net, has much better visuals as well (though I have not tried it in os9).

I have seen this trouble before, it usually has to do with a video card driver. Sometimes a new driver is needed, sometimes there is a conflict with another driver in the system (meaning even installing the newest driver won't fix the trouble). Go to the appropriate web site, and download the newest driver for your card.

Another thing you might need, is a simple update for your system. All on the apple site under support.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I seem to think that iTunes 3 is OS X only.

I'm running iTunes 2.0.4 under OS 9.2.2, with QT6 installed, nothing untoward going on. Maybe it's worth upgrading to OS 9.2.2?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Overhope:

<strong>I seem to think that iTunes 3 is OS X only.

I'm running iTunes 2.0.4 under OS 9.2.2, with QT6 installed, nothing untoward going on. Maybe it's worth upgrading to OS 9.2.2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

run the effects and press some numbers on the keyboard...