Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 344
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowasaki View Post

The problem with publishing ridiculous articles like this is that it stops people taking you seriously. You come over as some kind of brainless fan boy rather than a serious journalist.

There is a false dichotomy in our society that unless you are staid in your presentation what you are saying can not be true. That doesn't actually follow in reason if you think about it: it's possible to be rationally pissed. For example if someone really is copying you and getting away with it.

If you look past the presentation and objectively evaluate the statements being made you will see it is pretty much true what he said.

• Reply 22 of 344
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    Bravo! Finally somebody has the balls to start publishing this stuff in depth. Joke's over. Thanks for showing up that this isn't actually SamsungInsider.
  • Reply 23 of 344
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    . It lacks openness.

openness = winning!
  • Reply 24 of 344

WOW! Now THIS is the kind of reading I could really get into on a daily basis! WOAH! 

Give this writer a raise! 

I wonder if this article will get a mention on other sites. I sure hope so, but I'm sure all the Android trolls will be out in full-force saying how wrong it is. 

Flawgic comes into play way too often on "tech" sites. The FACTS could be plastered right in front of the readers, but the Android queens will argue they're not REAL facts. 

• Reply 25 of 344
    pigybankpigybank Posts: 178member

I could not have said this better myself.  I love the clearly android fanboy response criticizing this article's fanboy nature.  Flawgic at its best!

• Reply 26 of 344

hi! 99% of the people want a smartphone, not a hobby.. and even for the 1%.. as a minimum.. shouldn't it be easy (and possible) to install a new system iteration one year after hardware purchase? - not possible with the large majority of androids out there!

i dont see myself in many of apple's customer relations practices these days (at all), and i admire android in very many ways.. but to say that the ios is where it is today because of android.. maybe that's why u see this article as fanaticism? peace

• Reply 27 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

There is a false dichotomy in our society that unless you are staid in your presentation what you are saying can not be true. That doesn't actually follow in reason if you think about it: it's possible to be rationally pissed. For example if someone really is copying you and getting away with it.

If you look past the presentation and objectively evaluate the statements being made you will see it is pretty much true what he said.

But are they really? If you are going to have a touch screen on a phone then that dictates that the phone will be rectangular with a speaker at the top, mic at the bottom and most of the front is a screen.  The "home" button being where it is is just logical and Samsung have actually got 3 buttons at the bottom on the note2 I've just bought but the other two are touch sensitive.  The question of copying is one that is being argued throughout the world with one company winner in one area and the other in another area.  

The reason I've gone for a Samsung Note2 to replace my iPhone5 is due to the innovation !!

The stylus is a revaluation, the addition of ignore lists, merging views of contacts, split screen and other things I haven't found yet plus giving the user choice in screen size rather than telling them that they must have one size.  

• Reply 28 of 344
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannie Bal View Post

What a pathetic Apple fanboy article. Really, what the hell is the reason for posting this? Grow up.

Greetings from an Apple user.

What part is not true?

• Reply 29 of 344
    I read this in its entirety, and honestly it sounds like one big tantrum!
  • Reply 30 of 344
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

But are they really? If you are going to have a touch screen on a phone then that dictates that the phone will be rectangular with a speaker at the top, mic at the bottom and most of the front is a screen.  The "home" button being where it is is just logical and Samsung have actually got 3 buttons at the bottom on the note2 I've just bought but the other two are touch sensitive.  The question of copying is one that is being argued throughout the world with one company winner in one area and the other in another area.  

The reason I've gone for a Samsung Note2 to replace my iPhone5 is due to the innovation !!

The stylus is a revaluation, the addition of ignore lists, merging views of contacts, split screen and other things I haven't found yet plus giving the user choice in screen size rather than telling them that they must have one size.  

If that's what you like then buy it, more power to you. I was just making the point that tone does not necessarily mean false.

• Reply 31 of 344
    Sad, defensive, reaching, dreck.
  • Reply 32 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

If that's what you like then buy it, more power to you. I was just making the point that tone does not necessarily mean false.

I did.  My response was due to the "copying" comment.  

I've spoken to quite a number of people and there is quite a group of people who have had virtually all the iPhones maybe missing the off one that are now thinking "There is nothing new".  

So what if it's a little quicker?

Who cares if it's a little thinner? - I'd rather have a better battery!

Who cares about this "really good new connector"? - I'd rather have the old one or a microUSB!

The iPhone5 is too slippery and it's like trying to keep hold of a bar of soap in the shower.

There is NOTHING new that I'm interested in.

I really loved the iPhone3G and my favourite phone of all time was the Nokia 9500 communicator.

• Reply 33 of 344
    nano_tubenano_tube Posts: 114member
    Wonderful article!
    I love it when good reporters take the gloves off and just say the truth as it is :)
  • Reply 34 of 344
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Article.

Of.

The.

Quarter.

• Reply 35 of 344

Quote:

The iPhone5 is too slippery...

LOL

There goes any chance of you getting taken seriously ever again...

• Reply 36 of 344
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

I saw Dilger's name, scrolled down and looked at the length of the article, checked a few phrases and suspect it's one of his pieces where he attempts to create a logically consistent alternate realty where black is white and white is Azerbaijan and concluded my life's too short.

What's it about?

• Reply 37 of 344

This...

...is how Cnocbui gets all his information.

Why check it yourself when you can be told by somebody else?

• Reply 38 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Flawgic allows low end Android products to be hailed as volume sales generators, even if they are terrible products in every way. But it also does double-duty in allowing Google?s insanely priced devices, from Glass to Chromebook Pixel, to escape serious criticism of their inherently poor overall value or the likelihood of their ever selling in meaningful volumes.

By tying Google Glass under poor overall value, you're entire article became worthless.

You also imply in your flawgic, that since there are a few Android or Google products that are mediocre or plain garbage, that for some reason the company isn't allowed to come out with an amazing product (Pixel, which has been given amazing reviews hardware wise and design wise). Or are you implying that they aren't allowed to sell it at such high premium price like Apple (Which Google is getting a lot of flak about that by Pixel reviewers mind you)?

Quote:

Google's first product, Web search, was going nowhere until the company realized it could monetize search results with paid placement

Wow, Google's web search was going nowhere? The search that helped push the internet into what it is was going nowhere?

Quote:

After launching Android, Google realized that it had targeted the wrong smartphone products (Blackberry and Windows Mobile) when Apple?s very different iPhone arrived in 2007. Google then went to work adding value to Android by taking value directly from Apple?s iOS.

A corporation looking to future proof themselves by not being beholden to the whim of what would've been a mobile monopoly on Apple's part is logical, and Google realizing they targeted the wrong products is a flawed argument (They targeted mobile devices, not specific devices), so yes, I guess this was flawgic.

Quote:

At the same time, Google has also adapted others? work in ways that are so extensive that they no longer resemble the original. Buzz, Google?s copy of Twitter, was so terrible in its privacy robbing that nobody wanted to use it. Google +, Google?s copy of Facebook, is so nerdy nobody outside of the company uses it. Google Play, Google?s copy of the iOS App Store, is so flawed in its security and curation that developers haven?t paid it any real attention.

"Ping, Apple's copy of Facebook was so irrelevant, Apple paid artists to say "hi" every once in a while".

Developers aren't paying any real attention to Google Play Store? You must not read the news Since Google Play Revenue is growing 10x Higher than App Store

There must be a lot of nerds if Google+ is number 2 social network. http://www.zdnet.com/google-moves-up-to-second-place-in-social-networks-7000010372/

• Reply 39 of 344
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    Sad, defensive, reaching, dreck.

or...

Playful, mischievous, sardonic with a hint of self mockery(given it is DED)

My glass of humour is half full whereas yours I suspect is ....
  • Reply 40 of 344
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    If Daniel were to borrow a few musical lines

Now this looks like a job for me
    So everybody just follow me
    'Cause we need a little controversy
    'Cause it feels so empty without me...

It's just harmless DED spiel. Perhaps he forgot his own blog password. In any event it will probably serve it's purpose to draw a few more eyeballs here, both pro and anti-Apple.

:smokey: