Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 344
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    “I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”
  • Reply 42 of 344
    solacesolace Posts: 3member
    Haha, sounds like someone is upset that the iPhone 5 sucked.
    Let the courts decide if there was any infringement and stop crying foul over the adoption of the nearly only usable and marketable form factor for any modern smartphone.
    Sent from my Galaxy Note II.. using the S-pen.
  • Reply 43 of 344
    dbtincdbtinc Posts: 134member
    Borrrriinnnngggggg ...
  • Reply 44 of 344
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member

Quote:

Originally Posted by solace View Post

Haha, sounds like someone is upset that the iPhone 5 sucked.

Apple’s iPhone 5 breaks sales records

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-09-17/business/35495922_1_latest-iphone-larger-screen-new-iphone

• Reply 45 of 344
    This piece glosses over many important details and counter-arguments to make its point. The article itself has its own sort of "flawgic". Too bad, too, because some of the information deserves repeating and understanding.

I will say that people at Apple display an almost-tangible passion for the products and user-experience they create. That passion has served both Apple and its fans well for a long time and I don't see it in many other tech companies.
  • Reply 46 of 344
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Nice one!

I don't see it sinking in with any of the foaming-at-the-mouth Apple-haters I've met over the years but it's terrific to have this for reference in case I meet any more.

Also, maybe it should be Op-ed rather than a full article.
  • Reply 47 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

Sad, defensive, reaching, dreck.

Daniel's no Hemingway, but his articles are chock full of indisputable facts and historical reference points. If you have something to say, how about trying to post a counter-argument based on facts rather than ad hominem attacks?

Oh that's right, I forgot... you're a dumbass Android fan.

• Reply 48 of 344
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

There is a false dichotomy in our society that unless you are staid in your presentation what you are saying can not be true. That doesn't actually follow in reason if you think about it: it's possible to be rationally pissed. For example if someone really is copying you and getting away with it.

If you look past the presentation and objectively evaluate the statements being made you will see it is pretty much true what he said.

It's kind of hard to objectively evaluate an article written by DED when he has clearly over the years established himself as having a very strong Apple bias. His articles usually have some really good info to consider, but you have to read it with a healthy bit of skepticism considering his very non-objective view of all things Apple.

This particular article is so ridiculous (not entirely untrue, but just plain ridiculous) that I thought perhaps it was meant to be published on April 1st.

• Reply 49 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droidlady View Post

I read this in its entirety, and honestly it sounds like one big tantrum!

Since you failed to counter any of the points made in the article, we can assume you agree with it in it's entirety except for its tone?

• Reply 50 of 344
    curmicurmi Posts: 70member

I want more articles like this!  Great stuff.

• Reply 51 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowasaki View Post

But are they really? If you are going to have a touch screen on a phone then that dictates that the phone will be rectangular with a speaker at the top, mic at the bottom and most of the front is a screen.  The "home" button being where it is is just logical and Samsung have actually got 3 buttons at the bottom on the note2 I've just bought but the other two are touch sensitive.  The question of copying is one that is being argued throughout the world with one company winner in one area and the other in another area.  

If all of Apple's designs are so obvious and natural, why is it that everyone else takes two+ years to copy them?

Why is it that the smartphone market was a mishmash of fixed and sliding chicklet keyboards, festooned with countless buttons and hinges, all wrapped in miscellaneous asymmetrical blobs... and then after the first iPhone, everything else looked like an iPhone?

• Reply 52 of 344
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This...

...is how Cnocbui gets all his information.

Why check it yourself when you can be told by somebody else?

I just know when to delegte and get on with more important things.

I see you haven't managed to wear out your crayons yet.

• Reply 53 of 344
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Flexibly adaptive logic, or ?Flawgic,?

Nice try.  It'll never catch on.

• Reply 54 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

LOL

There goes any chance of you getting taken seriously ever again...

Have you got an iPhone5?

It's a rubbish size/shape for one handed use, I preferred the iPhone3G

• Reply 55 of 344
    You know it's spot on -- even if its lightly corny -- when the woodwork gets lighter.
  • Reply 56 of 344
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    l008com wrote: »
    Satire and "real" news websites don't mix.

Normally I'd agree, however, as the article rightly says, the media reports continuously about Samsung and Android in a glowing light ... but it isn't news (using the same definition of news you are i.e. factual) but flawgic! So Surely the article / editorial is 100% valid.
  • Reply 57 of 344
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    crowley wrote: »
    Nice try.  It'll never catch on.

You don't think? You must have missed the last dozen US Presidential election cycles ;) ... Not brining up politics per se, rather the advertising used therein.
  • Reply 58 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

If all of Apple's designs are so obvious and natural, why is it that everyone else takes two+ years to copy them?

Why is it that the smartphone market was a mishmash of fixed and sliding chicklet keyboards, festooned with countless buttons and hinges, all wrapped in miscellaneous asymmetrical blobs... and then after the first iPhone, everything else looked like an iPhone?

If you have a touch screen that is virtually the size of a phone then how else are you going to lay it out?  Apple decided on using the large screen first but as these became more available everyone was going to use them eventually anyway. 

The mic and speaker have to be basically where they are, there isn't any real choice there.

The screen has to be where it is, again not much choice there.

The only thing that could be argued over is the location of the home button or even using a home button and the decision to go for the larger touch screen. 

Who designed the first laptop??  All laptops have a similar layout so has everyone copied them?  I'm sure it wasn't Apple so has Apple copied that company? - NO it's just logical.

CLEARLY there IS an argument over whether or not other people have copied Apple based on the number of court cases that Apple and Samsung are winning against each other in various places.

I'm not a fan boy of any marque I simple buy the best thing FOR ME at the time.  At the moment almost all of my personal electronic kit is Apple, I have a top spec 15" retina MBP, a Mac Pro, a retina iPad and until 8 days ago was using an iPhone5 !  But I have a Samsung fridge, 2x TVs, 1 x DVDR and various components in other things.  I use DELL monitors on the MacPro because the inputs were more flexible although if I were replacing the DELL monitors now I would buy 27" thunderbolt displays.

• Reply 59 of 344
    Best oped tech piece i've read in a long time. Daneil Eran Dilger is MAN OF THE YEAR!!!
  • Reply 60 of 344
    sbg22sbg22 Posts: 5member
    I love this opinion piece and I'm going to share it in the best place possible...yup, Publicly on Google Plus! Some of it may be silly, Most of it is True and people need to read it cause the only thing worse than Apple Fanboys is .....you guessed it Google Fanboys! They even have their very own Social Network...... Body Armor Own, Copy URL, Take a Deep Breath, Paste URL.....Sharing in 3,2,1.... Wish me luck! Buhahahahaha