Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 344
    cowasaki wrote: »
    I'm not a fan boy of any marque I simple buy the best thing FOR ME at the time.  At the moment almost all of my personal electronic kit is Apple, I have a top spec 15" retina MBP, a Mac Pro, a retina iPad and until 8 days ago was using an iPhone5....

Yeah you do, sure you do..... we heard you twice the first time.
  • Reply 62 of 344
    Christopher Hitchens said the people you need to worry about are those sans humor. Could the "opinion" button beside the post have been rendered invisible through some flawgic?
  • Reply 63 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yeah you do, sure you do..... we heard you twice the first time.

I'm just making it very clear that my comments are coming from someone who likes Apple equipment and uses it extensively.  Until last week I'd never even picked up an Android device.  I still think that the iPad and retina MBP are absolutely without equal and I just hope that Apple come up with some new ideas for their next new version of the iPhone (and I would happily switch back).

I still think that the iPhone5 is better built, has a better camera, better flash, much better speaker and I could sync Numbers spreadsheets which I can't do with the Note2.

For a new iPhone I would like a larger screen and I would like a stylus but I doubt that they will go down the stylus route as they've said they don't like them previously.  Personally a stylus suits me as I have large fingers/thumbs and hitting exactly the right key with them so small is difficult especially when typing passwords.

• Reply 64 of 344
    cashxxcashxx Posts: 114member
    This is either the most stupidest thing I have ever read or the most brilliantly written piece I have ever read. Reading it fully everything makes sense and I think its one of the most brilliantly written piece I have ever read! Confusing at first, but understand it now!
  • Reply 65 of 344
    Wow. I almost thought I was reading a real article for a second... But alas, no real news or a story here. This cheeky blog post feels desperate or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but gives off this vibe of some rich, spoiled kid tearing apart his friends new car secretly because he's jealous but he convinces himself he hates it.

There shouldn't be one platform. I think Android is looking quite nice recently, and Apple is feeling tired. Ooooooh, there... I said it.

This whole attitude and this article especially is quite childish, don't you think?
  • Reply 66 of 344
    gtbuzzgtbuzz Posts: 129member

Interesting satire.  Rumor: Apple to solve Google/Android problem once and for all.  Apple to introduce new lower cost phone that runs the next release N+1 of Android.  Phone is reported to be exactly like Android N+1, except when the user tires of the OS, he can wipe the phone by holding down a key combination and install the latest iOS on the same phone.  Problem solved.

• Reply 67 of 344
    It's called competition. Deal with it.
  • Reply 68 of 344
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleish View Post

Wow. I almost thought I was reading a real article for a second... But alas, no real news or a story here. This cheeky blog post feels desperate or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but gives off this vibe of some rich, spoiled kid tearing apart his friends new car secretly because he's jealous but he convinces himself he hates it.

There shouldn't be one platform. I think Android is looking quite nice recently, and Apple is feeling tired. Ooooooh, there... I said it.

This whole attitude and this article especially is quite childish, don't you think?

Hit a raw nerve?

• Reply 69 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Hit a raw nerve?

Not at all... I'm not going to get emotional over a phone, if Android is doing this or Google is doing that. It's a phone. 

You don't see me all p****d at Kenmore because they have a similar design to my Westinghouse coffee grinder. They're just things.

I like tech news as much as the next guy, but some of this stuff is just playground nonsense. Seriously.

Am I wrong?

• Reply 70 of 344
    macartmacart Posts: 78member
    "Developers aren't paying any real attention to Google Play Store? You must not read the news Since Google Play Revenue is growing 10x Higher than App Store"

Wow John Koetsier said that! Who the F#€$ is that? Oh another journalist who supposedly has his hand on the pulse of the tech world! He couldn't be influenced, surely credible!

I'm now going to go read some more credible news from a few analysts.
  • Reply 71 of 344
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    I'm just making it very clear that my comments are coming from someone who likes Apple equipment and uses it extensively.  Until last week I'd never even picked up an Android device.  I still think that the iPad and retina MBP are absolutely without equal and I just hope that Apple come up with some new ideas for their next new version of the iPhone (and I would happily switch back).

I still think that the iPhone5 is better built, has a better camera, better flash, much better speaker and I could sync Numbers spreadsheets which I can't do with the Note2.

For a new iPhone I would like a larger screen and I would like a stylus but I doubt that they will go down the stylus route as they've said they don't like them previously.  Personally a stylus suits me as I have large fingers/thumbs and hitting exactly the right key with them so small is difficult especially when typing passwords.

If you want a stylus, there are many available that work on iOS devices.
  • Reply 72 of 344

Microsoft invented Flawgic. Google is a pale second cousin in comparison.

• Reply 73 of 344
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

Clearly DED best article.

It stretches and bends the truth like Stretch Armstrong, but on the whole rings true. I think he definitely dropped the ball when he gets all defensive about Kool Aid. Nobody ever suggested Steve or Apple were mass murderers. But Steve was a charismatic leader who ran a company with a cult-like following. That's undeniable. Everyone knows this. It's not a cult in the strictest sense, but Apple does have a cult-like mentality. Most great companies do. 

• Reply 74 of 344
    kyleish wrote: »
    You don't see me all p****d .....

LOL. Then why are you?
  • Reply 75 of 344
    "Who cares if it's a little thinner? - I'd rather have a better battery!"

I wouldnt say Apple has poor battery life. It's quite good. In comparison my girlfriend & her daughter both have Samscum & their battery life sucks! Her daughter & I heavily use our phones for videos, games, etc. and mine outlives hers by hours easily! They both have also replaced their phones 3x for various issues, haven't had issue one with my iPhone 4s.
  • Reply 76 of 344
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,857member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleish View Post

Not at all... I'm not going to get emotional over a phone, if Android is doing this or Google is doing that. It's a phone. 

You don't see me all p****d at Kenmore because they have a similar design to my Westinghouse coffee grinder. They're just things.

I like tech news as much as the next guy, but some of this stuff is just playground nonsense. Seriously.

Am I wrong?

You and cowasaki seem pretty emotional.

• Reply 77 of 344
    I have had Apple computers since the beginning of the Intel era

Wow, a true "Mac Loyalist" all the way back to the Intel years!
    maps that wasn't right when it launched/quote]

Wow! Hover Dam's picture didn't look right, so Apple Maps were completely unusable! Yep you bought into the hype!
    I have just replaced my iPhone5 with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It is a far better phone in my opinion./quote]

Why are you on here then? Oh that's right to share this important revelation with all the other Old School "Intel Years" Mac Loyalists!

Nice Try, Beat It Troll!
  • Reply 78 of 344
    You just lost me as a daily reader. I come here for news, not hyperbole.
  • Reply 79 of 344
    Then you're reading it wrong. That's the problem with text. Most people imbue written text with their own emotions.

I'm pretty sure I know when I'm emotional, and phones I assure you, don't make me angry. Neither do brands that I didn't invent. Or sports teams that I'm not a part of.

You guys really should lighten up. I guess I kind of knew this was coming though. I understand Apple vs. Google is very personal to many. We all have to have something to live for.
  • Reply 80 of 344
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigybank View Post

I could not have said this better myself.  I love the clearly android fanboy response criticizing this article's fanboy nature.  Flawgic at its best!

Well, an objective person would also say this is a highly biased piece.