Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 161 of 344
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowasaki View Post

Have you got an iPhone5?

It's a rubbish size/shape for one handed use, I preferred the iPhone3G

Why, yes, yes I do and it's a major improvement over my iPhone 3G, my Galaxy Nexus and it gives my Nexus 4 a good run for the money.

I liked the seamless way I could install the Apps I've been collecting since 2008, just by syncing them like I did with my iPhone 4.

So how's the Java program collection on your Galaxy Note, you know you can enable different sources ("free" pirated stuff) in the settings but watch out you open yourself up to trojans.

Which Antivirus would you recommend?

• Reply 162 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc zoltar View Post

However, this kind of article does not belong here- it is not objective and .....

What part of a clearly-labeled "O-P-I-N-I-O-N" do you guys not understand!?

(Just thought I'd make it stand out so you noticed it this time).

• Reply 163 of 344

Quote:

I still think that the iPhone5 is better built, has a better camera, better flash, much better speaker and I could sync Numbers spreadsheets which I can't do with the Note2.

Why not?

Samsung has supplied Polaris Office with their Android handsets for quite some time, cutting off developers from being required to provide a solution.

Regarding your Numbers spreadsheets "You're saving them wrong". image

• Reply 164 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Clearly DED best article.

It stretches and bends the truth like Stretch Armstrong, but on the whole rings true. I think he definitely dropped the ball when he gets all defensive about Kool Aid. Nobody ever suggested Steve or Apple were mass murderers. But Steve was a charismatic leader who ran a company with a cult-like following. That's undeniable. Everyone knows this. It's not a cult in the strictest sense, but Apple does have a cult-like mentality. Most great companies do. 

So where did the "Koolaid" references which have been bandied about about Apple fans for the last couple of decades come from?

• Reply 165 of 344

Quote:

I didn't "buy into the hype" with regards to Apple Maps faults.  It is a very good package but it WASN'T RIGHT when it was launched and Apple themselves have openly said this. The ENTIRE town where my wife was born was completely missing from maps!!  I didn't even say that the Android alternative was better, I haven't even used the android alternative I simply stated it wasn't right, we come to expect Apple kit to be right from the start.

So tell us why Apple maps was such a disappointment with finding your wife's birthplace, yet you state that you don't need GPS to find it at all so didn't even bother looking with your Android device?

Thank you for demonstrating yet another point of DED's opinion piece.

• Reply 166 of 344
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

...remember that all I am stating here is MY OPINION, MY CHOICE, MY PREFERENCE

And you're getting feedback on exactly how much these matter to others.

I found a place where you can put all three of them...

• Reply 167 of 344
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

No, I thought it was garbage and I chose not to waste my time reading the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Never made it past the second paragraph.

Pretty much because you disagree with what was being said.

• Reply 168 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Predicated as it is on an argument of patent violation while relying on the Oracle v Google suit (in which Google prevailed rather unambiguously),..

Not yet, they haven't.

This case is still under appeal.

• Reply 169 of 344
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I always thought that Android was powered by pure BS, but Flawgic sounds good too!

Anybody who is butthurt over this article is not a fan of free speech, as the article clearly states that it's an editorial. I do realize that the quality of education in this country is on the decline, but editorial means that it is an opinion piece.

Though Android claims to be open, Android users are about as open as a North Korean work camp.

If you don't like the article, then go and take your 9 Macs and 7 iOS devices that you claim to own, and go sign up for Androidinsider, you won't be missed by me. Isn't it funny how many of the Android lovers and anti-Apple trolls all claim to own a bunch of Mac hardware, you'd almost think that they were standing there in Steve Job's garage back in 1977.

Android is garbage and has been since day one, get used to it.

I also just noticed that one of the most annoying Apple haters on this site is now banned. I think that they went by the name of DaSofter or something like that. image

• Reply 170 of 344
    solacesolace Posts: 3member
    For those who saw the amazing graphic depicting T9 keyboard bar phones from Samsung prior to the release of the iPhone side by side with the Galaxy line of phones after, knowing instantly that Apple had been ripped off:

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/22534/width/200/height/400[/IMG]
    (It's small... zoom)

I have never owned an iPhone. I regularly repair them, as well as Android phones, PC's, Macs, and other gadgets for friends and family. I will agree that at time of its release, the original iPhone was the most technologically advanced phone on the market. That said, I never really could justify the premium if owning the best phone on the market and didn't feel that sacrifices in my life in other areas was necessary despite how infinitely cool owning an iPhone apparently made you. This time around I had a bit of extra cash and went for it.Bought the best phone on the market: the Galaxy Note II.

No-one stole anyone's design. Samsung phones have evolved, just as iPhones did. Android is not the devil. I don't have a problem with iPhones, I just don't want one. I have a problem, though, with people who assume that if I don't agree that iPhones are the best phone all of the time (because of the logo on the back or whatever) I must be an idiot fanboy.Please, please, just stop the senseless raving.

There, now that I've asked politely I'm sure you'll all just calm down. Also: don't delete this post like you did to my last one. Saying that I am not a robot makes it so.
  • Reply 171 of 344
    metoometoo Posts: 1member

Macbook Pro Retina 13" i7 8gb 256 SSD Lowest price ever!! $1552 + FS

Excellent deal for anyone wanting a Retina display with the i7 Processor and 256 GB SSD.

400 dollars cheaper then the apple store plus most won't have to pay tax.

This laptop debuted in late October for around $2200 with same specs configured

Use coupon APPINSDRMWB38717

http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpno~9418743~pdp.iadfdhc?source=APPINSDRMWB38717

Also get free Parallels after rebate and free 2 day shipping for anyone with shoprunner.

• Reply 172 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by solace View Post

I have never owned an iPhone. ...Bought the best phone on the market: the Galaxy Note II.

Any particular reason that you're spending your Saturday afternoon (assuming you live in the Americas) on an Apple website? Don't have a life?

• Reply 173 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by solace View Post

No-one stole anyone's design.

(Sorry for a second post in response to solace; forgot about this doozy the first time around).

You know this how?image

• Reply 174 of 344
    solacesolace Posts: 3member
    Okay, just keep deleting my posts. Fewer possible ad clicks from me! Bye!

(Just kidding... I don't click ads)
  • Reply 175 of 344
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gtr wrote: »

Leave it to an Android fan to see make something that requires firm stomping on the crotch area in some depraved masochist fetish to be functional. I wonder if they wear stilettos when they use it. Is that in Eric Schmidt's house (or should I say Erica)? :p

PS: Loved Spring Breakers.
  • Reply 176 of 344
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    Good article. I wish it could be more humorous.
  • Reply 177 of 344
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 178 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So tell us why Apple maps was such a disappointment with finding your wife's birthplace, yet you state that you don't need GPS to find it at all so didn't even bother looking with your Android device?

Thank you for demonstrating yet another point of DED's opinion piece.

I am not going to go through all of your posts as you clearly haven't read mine properly, just read it again and read your post.. I never said it was a disappointment, I said it was a very good package !!  AND I didn't say that I don't need GPS to find it at all so didn't even bother looking with my android device.  I have only had the note2 for a week and in that week I have not needed to use sat nav to go anywhere so have not used the maps equivalent other than a quick look at it as I went to work on one occasion.....  It wasn't completely right was it?  Apple wouldn't have apologised if it was a faultless piece of programming....  My wife's town of birth missing, that isn't actually an issue to me as I know where it is it is just an example of the issues.... Personally it didn't cause me any serious problems.

I have been using IOS on an iPhone since the week they came out in the UK till a week ago and never bothered to even look at what android was doing.  My only experience of android in all that time was my son getting a galaxy 1 or 2 (I can't even remember) and complaining about it constantly, then it breaking and he now has an iPhone 4G.  So I'm hardly just following the android line as I don't even know what the android line is.  I have gone from using an iPhone to picking an alternative and using that on trial with the option of returning it.  If I hadn't liked it it would have gone back.

As for the spreadsheet issue it is not a case of saving it differently.  It is spread over 40 pages with 3 tables per page and uses some complicated addressing based on lookups across multiple tables.  The spreadsheet was translated over the space of a week or two from Excel and I've tried moving it but it isn't having any of it as most of the addressing breaks down.  It is most important that it works on the laptop and desktop so I'll just loose the functionality of it for now..... Hopefully there will be a larger format iPhone6/7 that I can switch back to later :D

• Reply 179 of 344
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAM View Post

The paid trolls will be all over trying to tear this article down, but that is their job after all.

Truth and integrity will win in the end.

"Truth an integrity", eh?

Will you kindly demonstrate this "truth and integrity" by sharing what proof you have that there are paid troll here?

Maybe you missed the memo:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/156483/samsung-challenges-apples-iphone-with-new-galaxy-s4/240#post_2294617

• Reply 180 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

"Truth an integrity", eh?

On that topic, please pardon my ignorance, but why do you people (Androiders) often have usernames ending with a "z"?