Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Comments

• Reply 181 of 344
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 182 of 344
    danyakdanyak Posts: 30member
    OMG! This has to be the funniest, most informative "editorial" I have I ever read. I'm sure the apple-haters will have a field day pointing out everything they disagree with, but this is just a terrific piece of writing and analysis as far as I'm concerned.
  • Reply 183 of 344
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 184 of 344

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Don't worry about it.  Once the locals decide how you are to be treated by the other regulars, there is nothing you can do to change it.  You will simply be a punching bag for the daily hate-fest that defines this forum, with posts attacking forum members occupying many of the spaces between posts expressing even a literal hatred of almost all companies that aren't Apple.

It's just what they do here.  It's a culture created by years of concerted effort on the part of the editorial staff and forum moderators, making it a very narrow but well-defined demographic that's unusually easy to sell to certain advertisers.

Don't take any of it personally.  Whether the phrase they use is "concern troll" or something else, the definition is always the same:  "Anyone who says that disagrees with the uncommonly narrow views of the local insular subculture".

If you want real discussion where the normal range of human interests and preferences is allowed and sometimes even encouraged, try 9to5, CultOfMac, The Verge, MacRumors, or pretty much any other place in the world outside of North Korea.

:D

I don't actually think that most people have actually bothered to read my posts properly!  I am NOT having a go at Apple at all I really like 90% of their kit but it's NOT perfect and I was simply expressing my opinion which lots of people didn't like.  The last chap was slagging me off in a post where I was basically saying I liked the new maps app but it had issues (which Apple had agreed to!)

Oh well :)  I've been a member on here for twice as long as some of the moderation staff but I don't post very often.

• Reply 185 of 344
    macrulez wrote: »
    Don't worry about it.  Once the locals decide how you are to be treated by the other regulars, there is nothing you can do to change it.  You will simply be a punching bag for the daily hate-fest that defines this forum, with posts attacking forum members occupying many of the spaces between posts expressing even a literal hatred of almost all companies that aren't Apple.

It's just what they do here.  It's a culture created by years of concerted effort on the part of the editorial staff and forum moderators, making it a very narrow but well-defined demographic that's unusually easy to sell to certain advertisers.

Don't take any of it personally.  Whether the phrase they use is "concern troll" or something else, the definition is always the same:  "Anyone who says that disagrees with the uncommonly narrow views of the local insular subculture".

If you want real discussion where the normal range of human interests and preferences is allowed and sometimes even encouraged, try 9to5, CultOfMac, The Verge, MacRumors, or pretty much any other place in the world outside of North Korea.

I find it funny how people like you complain about AI (or EG or MR) yet continue to visit and comment anyway. Maybe you're upset that your highly subtle form of trolling has been "discovered" and you're not really fooling anyone.

I don't think you're a concern troll - you're just an outright troll. You, GG and Kraft Dinner are all the same. Using very narrow articles (you always seem to have a link ready for) to prove your point while ignoring numerous studies that refute your position. You even did it above with the comment "great many losses for Apple" when the truth is that Google/Motorola and Samsung are the ones who are losing. Only someone who looks at the cases selectively could come to the conclusion Apple is losing. Wait, I just described your MO in one word "selective".
  • Reply 186 of 344
    According to PC users I'm a sheep drinking Apple's Kool Aid.

Kind of rich coming from 95% and dropping of all computer users out there.
  • Reply 187 of 344

Quote:

I do it because it's funny, like using "/s" or a Spanish exclamation mark in an English-languge post....

Damn. I thought it was some sort of secret handshake thing. 

How disappointing....

• Reply 188 of 344
    robogobo wrote: »
    Bravo! Finally somebody has the balls to start publishing this stuff in depth. Joke's over. Thanks for showing up that this isn't actually SamsungInsider.
    Daniel's been doing this for years with his Roughly Drafted site. The fact is that what he says is right and plain to see… unless you've been blinded by Flawgic of course.
  • Reply 189 of 344
    April 1st is next week...
  • Reply 190 of 344
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Don't worry about it. Once the locals decide how you are to be treated by the other regulars, there is nothing you can do to change it. 

Bollocks.

Act atrociously and you get treated atrociously.

I don't recall seeing a single positive post from you about anything Apple-related. You just bitch and whine, day after day, and yet here you remain.

You don't have to be positive about every single Apple product or service. You just have to try not being negative about them all.

See what happens then.

• Reply 191 of 344
    petrosypetrosy Posts: 51member
    As the article states....the best thing about opinions is that everyone has one.
    You could of achieved the same result with a laxative.....
  • Reply 192 of 344
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

By the way, have you heard Android is winning? 

Yea! Android's winning! (but only in the Sheenian "Tiger Blood" sense.)

Nice article Dan! Great to see you in full and fine fettle. Loved it. An amusing combo of history, fun, satire, mild propaganda, a belly laugh inducing highlighting of the hypocrisy of "common wisdom," all integrated with good story telling.

The only antidote to things like "Flawgic" (and the haters) is the withering and clever application of humor and truth. Keep it up.

• Reply 193 of 344
    I can only assume AppleInsider have a large range of writers because most of them write very interesting, factual pieces whereas every now and then theres an article like this that is unbelievably biased and stretches the truth as thin as it will go to make a point about how Apple invented everything and are the Gods of the industry. A bit like that ridiculous article that claimed that the PS4 had just copied Apple..... It's a shame because 90% of the articles on here are very good.
  • Reply 194 of 344
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Hey, one thing, DED, one would think you should know by now that when you paste a doc into your blog from another program using "smart quotes" that often the apostrophes all get turned into question marks, no??

I mean, it?s obvious.... image

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

You also imply in your flawgic, that since there are a few Android or Google products that are mediocre or plain garbage, that for some reason the company isn't allowed to come out with an amazing product (Pixel, which has been given amazing reviews hardware wise and design wise). Or are you implying that they aren't allowed to sell it at such high premium price like Apple (Which Google is getting a lot of flak about that by Pixel reviewers mind you)?

Wow, Google's web search was going nowhere? The search that helped push the internet into what it is was going nowhere?

There must be a lot of nerds if Google+ is number 2 social network. http://www.zdnet.com/google-moves-up-to-second-place-in-social-networks-7000010372/

FTR, Pixel is hardly getting all great reviews, has huge misses in several areas (e.g., battery life) for which it's also getting said "flak" and is fugly as sin to boot.  (Whether it portends anything in the longer run, however, remains to be seen in later iterations. I'm not one to underestimate the big G, flawgically, logically, logistically or otherwise.)

Still, as for Google+, everyone who has any Google account is automatically added as a member, so (after the abortion that was Google Buzz), a resounding cry of "we're #2!" means virtually nothing. 

Over a 150 of my fb friends are "members," but when I go to my page, it's another digital ghost town - no posts by anyone I know, nothing I post ever getting reaction one, etc....

...The "communities" are cool if I want to talk about interesting stuff with people I'll never meet, but only so much time in the day. And I can talk about - and collaborate on - interesting stuff with people I do know on fb - or with those who are at least friends of friends.

Or come over here and tweak some'a y'all a little, though my AI comments hardly ever seem to be click bait here either unless I get stupid or florid on purpose.....

• Reply 195 of 344
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

…pretty much any other place in the world outside of North Korea.

What right do you have to be here, again, exactly?

Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

Hey, one thing, DED, one would think you should know by now that when you paste a doc into your blog from another program using "smart quotes" that often the apostrophes all get turned into question marks, no??

Blame Huddler for that.

• Reply 196 of 344
    minicaptminicapt Posts: 219member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

April 1st is next week...

… and as yet, neither Samsung nor Google have any major announcements scheduled for the AM. Bill Gates will be fishing.

Cheers

• Reply 197 of 344

I can only assume that AppleInsider have a large range of readers and posters because most of them post very interesting, factual comments whereas I found your post unbelievably biased in that it stretches the truth as thin as it will go to make a point about how the article isn't to your taste and that the author didn't write the way you would (if you were to write an article.) [Thank God, with your run-on sentences.]

This is just a reframing of your viewpoint for readers consideration ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by morzee94 View Post

I can only assume AppleInsider have a large range of writers because most of them write very interesting, factual pieces whereas every now and then theres an article like this that is unbelievably biased and stretches the truth as thin as it will go to make a point about how Apple invented everything and are the Gods of the industry. A bit like that ridiculous article that claimed that the PS4 had just copied Apple..... It's a shame because 90% of the articles on here are very good.

• Reply 198 of 344
    bp23bp23 Posts: 1member
    Seriously? The key difference which really pulls the carpet out from under this is Apple does everything proprietary but Google is OPEN SOURCE.
  • Reply 199 of 344

Excellent satire my "one post pony" friend. You forgot a smiley or sarcasm tag though.

Fortunately everyone will know your just being funny because I quickly tipped you off ;-)

Wouldn't want people to misunderstand  ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BP23 View Post

Seriously? The key difference which really pulls the carpet out from under this is Apple does everything proprietary but Google is OPEN SOURCE.

• Reply 200 of 344
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, as long as it doesn't infringe on other people's rights. This includes the author of this article, as well as those who feel strong about it one way or the other. But, this thread is turning into more into an indictment on Cowasaki's comment rather than discussion about the original article.

What's the point? Does anyone think they are going to change his opinion? Is the game to take turns mocking him to see who can do it best? Is the objective to drive him out? This site is called appleinsider.com, not appleworshipper.com. 

Ganging up on one man's opinion, particularly when it was not that strongly against Apple, diminishes everyone involved. Return to the original article. Share your knowledge, opinion, intelligence and not your lesser selves.