IrDA Modem Port

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, I've had my TI PB for over 5 months and I just noticed the IrDA Modem Port in the Network Preferences. Has anybody actually used this port?? Does this mean I can point my PB at another machine that has an IR port and transfer data? Iam also a little confused by the modem option for this port. It's currently set to the Internal Modem. Does the modem somehow drive the port??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I've used the irda port once, transferred files between two PB5300s, was quite cool But didn't really work well... Maybe it is better now...

Not sure about the modem part...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>Does this mean I can point my PB at another machine that has an IR port and transfer data? </strong><hr></blockquote>

yes.

[quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>I am also a little confused by the modem option for this port. It's currently set to the Internal Modem. Does the modem somehow drive the port??

</strong><hr></blockquote>

no, It means that you could use a mobile with an IR port and a built in modem as a mobile internet access.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I use the IR all the time to back up my Clie (palm4) haldheld. Takes alot longer then its theoretical speed... but it works on the go, and requires no dock.

It is a recomended use for all PDAs. **** of 5

hehe