Belkin's Ultimate Keyboard Case for iPad adds magnetic stand, improves sound

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Belkin on Wednesday announced the online availability of the Ultimate Keyboard Case, a new iPad accessory with a versatile magnetic stand that allows for use in a variety of orientations.

belkin

The new Ultimate Keyboard Case measures 6.4mm thick and fully wraps around the back of Apple's tablet, protecting the unit and providing a QWERTY keyboard. The inclusion of a magnetic stand allows for three different positions for typing, letting users choose their own optimal viewing arrangement.

When the Bluetooth 2.0 keyboard isn't in use, users can simply fold it back behind the device, making the device more suitable for one-handed interaction. Belkin also built the Ultimate Keyboard Case with SoundFlow design, which pushes sound from the iPad's rear speakers toward the the front of the device, making for clearer audio.

The aluminum alloy case weighs just over a pound, and its internal battery allows for 160 hours of typing in between full charges. It's compatible with the iPad 2, the third-generation iPad, and the fourth-generation iPad.

The Ultimate Keyboard Case is available for pre-order now on Belkin's site. It comes in a black model, which retails for $100, and a silver model, available for $130.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Belkin on Wednesday announced the online availability of the Ultimate Keyboard Case, a new iPad accessory with a versatile magnetic stand that allows for use in a variety of orientations.

belkin

The new Ultimate Keyboard Case measures 6.4mm thick and fully wraps around the back of Apple's tablet, protecting the unit and providing a QWERTY keyboard. The inclusion of a magnetic stand allows for three different positions for typing, letting users choose their own optimal viewing arrangement.

When the Bluetooth 2.0 keyboard isn't in use, users can simply fold it back behind the device, making the device more suitable for one-handed interaction. Belkin also built the Ultimate Keyboard Case with SoundFlow design, which pushes sound from the iPad's rear speakers toward the the front of the device, making for clearer audio.

The aluminum alloy case weighs just over a pound, and its internal battery allows for 160 hours of typing in between full charges. It's compatible with the iPad 2, the third-generation iPad, and the fourth-generation iPad.

The Ultimate Keyboard Case is available for pre-order now on Belkin's site. It comes in a black model, which retails for $100, and a silver model, available for $130.

But...but...but does it click and clack while I dance like a lunatic with it??? If not, how can I possibly get any content creation work done with it???

• Reply 2 of 10
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

This looks a thousand times nicer and more functional than that keyboard case Logitech announced yesterday. Ouch.

• Reply 3 of 10
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Zagg's still looks better to me.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

That url gives me an IIS error, and for the crime of using a Windows Server, I shall never buy a Belkin product again :D

• Reply 5 of 10

So Apple has a new A6 laptop running iOS complements of Belkin.

• Reply 6 of 10
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    I think the standard apple bluetooth keyboard would be more versatile. It probably has better keyboard feel, it's lighter and sure, you might have to prop the ipad up but then you can put the keyboard in any position.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Unless you need a keyboard the MAJORITY of the time while using an iPad, none of these make sense to me. A smartcase + Apple bluetooth keyboard makes much more sense and is more versatile. But I guess it's nice how this keeps everything together. 

• Reply 8 of 10
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

A pullout trackpad that creates a cursor that tracks the screen.  Thats would be nice.  Although it would most likely run the battery down faster.

• Reply 9 of 10
    Well, nowadays lots of ipad keyboard cases are available in the market. But is always necessary for the user to find out the best among them. Not all the product available in the internet are legit as it claims. Well, I was too fooled by many sites in my effort to find the best ipad keyboard case. But finally I came across a valid [URL=http://www.jsxltech.com/products/white-shark-3-in-1-wireless-bluetooth-keyboard-with-aluminum-alloy-case-for-apple-ipad-1]site[/URL]. White Shark 3-in-1 wireless bluetooth keyboard with aluminum alloy case is the best in the business. I really appreciate it. It assures quality and durability. Everybody must try it out.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    analogjack wrote: »
    I think the standard apple bluetooth keyboard would be more versatile. It probably has better keyboard feel, it's lighter and sure, you might have to prop the ipad up but then you can put the keyboard in any position.

slurpy wrote: »
    Unless you need a keyboard the MAJORITY of the time while using an iPad, none of these make sense to me. A smartcase + Apple bluetooth keyboard makes much more sense and is more versatile. But I guess it's nice how this keeps everything together. 

I don't understand the love that Apple's BT keyboards. I don't think they're as travel compatible as they should be, and it's another stray part to keep track of.