Tale of the lost icons

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I gotta say, changing icons, either for one program or for everything seems to be easier on WinXP and in OS X. I tried changing the icon for the Macintosh HD on my desktop. After a few tries, it now does not have an icon at all i.e. I see the background wallpaper and the text "Macintosh HD" and nothing else. An alias created does show the HD icon. I tried open info on other icons to copy and paste into the icon area of of the Mac HD but it is still blank. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by klinux:

<strong>I gotta say, changing icons, either for one program or for everything seems to be easier on WinXP and in OS X. I tried changing the icon for the Macintosh HD on my desktop. After a few tries, it now does not have an icon at all i.e. I see the background wallpaper and the text "Macintosh HD" and nothing else. An alias created does show the HD icon. I tried open info on other icons to copy and paste into the icon area of of the Mac HD but it is still blank. Any ideas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

log out
  • Reply 2 of 5
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Ahh, works like a charm. Thanks Defiant. I am surprised that one does not see the change right away though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I noticed this a while ago, and I also found that a lot of the time I had to log out before the icon would appear. It's faster and does the same to force quit Finder.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yeah, the "invisible drive icon" bug has been present since 10.0.

It's *FINALLY* fixed in 10.2.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>Yeah, the "invisible drive icon" bug has been present since 10.0.

It's *FINALLY* fixed in 10.2.</strong><hr></blockquote>

WOOOOHHHUUU !!