Apple adds 'Why You'll Love iPad' section to website in new campaign direction

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
In a follow-up to last week's rollout of a special iPhone section on Apple.com, the company has extended the "Why You'll Love?" campaign to include the iPad and iPad mini.

Why iPad

The new page, titled "Why You'll Love iPad" includes many of the same features as its partner iPhone section, touting awards from J.D. Power and Associates, battery life, apps and more.

Unlike the iPhone campaign site, however, the iPad version bundles the accolades for both the iPad and iPad mini into one webpage. Instead of just focusing on one product, "Why iPad" takes into account the two devices' unique properties such as the full-size iPad's Retina display and the iPad mini's portability.

The page is basically a hit-list of the iPad line's standout features that are normally spread across multiple webpages on the main Apple.com iPad landing page. With the new section, information from the iPad main page's sub destinations like Features, Design, Built-in apps and iOS, are now summarized in typical Apple ad talk and collected onto one scrollable webpage. There are no links to be found in the text body of "Why iPad," directing consumers to just focus on what is presented.

Apple appears to be taking a more aggressive stance in advertising its iOS device lineup, especially in light of new products from Android smartphone and tablet makers. It was reported earlier in March that chief rival Samsung spent $68 million more than Apple in 2012 on U.S. ads targeting smartphone users, a fivefold budget increase from the year previous.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9

Why you'll love iPad? - Because all others suck!

• Reply 2 of 9
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

I like these new pages, and the new direction. The question used to be, "why should I get an iPad"? The product was so new and unique. Now, it's "why should I get an iPad instead of X tablet, why should I get an iPhone instead of X smartphone". These pages outline the major advantages of these products compared to the competition, instead of presenting them as completely new products. 

• Reply 3 of 9

Very impressive.

Why the heck don't they create a print and TV ad campaign touting each attribute one at a time, instead of the utterly lame, vertigo-inducing cr4p that they have on TV now?!

• Reply 4 of 9
    I love my ipad mini. Own a nexus 7 as well and it's been collecting dust since I got my mini.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

2 brilliant displays? That's arguable.

• Reply 6 of 9
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

2 brilliant displays? That's arguable.

That's what I thought too. I'll probably get a Mini, but not until it is upgraded to a retina display and the CPU/GPU brought up to current specs. I don't see much point in buying something that's going to choke on high end apps within 6 months.

• Reply 7 of 9
    First iPhone, then Final Cut Pro, now iPad. Along with silent, yet significant, growth of Maps and the software updates of increasing frequency, these are starting to look like pre-shocks to something really big.
  • Reply 8 of 9

Quote:

When iPad was introduced, there was nothing quite like it. And there still isn't.

Really? Better hope Samsung's legal team don't read that. Case dismissed!! image

• Reply 9 of 9
    cash907 wrote: »
    That's what I thought too. I'll probably get a Mini, but not until it is upgraded to a retina display and the CPU/GPU brought up to current specs. I don't see much point in buying something that's going to choke on high end apps within 6 months.
    Well I am starting to wonder why apple does not use the exact same display on them just cut the mini smaller then on the compatibility with there auto grow software.

Well the Mac, IPads, and iPhones, are all one of a kind are seeming to signal a update.