Chinese regulator: Consumers must be protected against Apple's Chinese warranty practices

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtinc View Post

Actually the Chinese need protection from their own farmers and government. Thousands of dead pigs polluting the water source for the City of Shanghai and now thousands of dead ducks.

I'm glad you said the China people need food protection, not us.

We are increasingly getting food products from China here, the last food I'd ever eat.

BTW my local friends from China agree with me on avoiding food from China. 

They do to, except for shark fin soup!   image

• Reply 62 of 66
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

I'd say that this is part of a bigger picture.

The US government freezing Chinese companies out of providing network equipment (Huawei, ZTE) on the basis of "security risks", has prompted China into a bit of tit for tat diplomacy.

Apple is a pawn in a bigger game.

• Reply 63 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Holy cow, they need to update that page.

No, it's not.

What "recent "sales practices""? The same "sales practices" they've had for over a decade? 

Frigging trolls.

hi there. first of all company law cant put itself above local legislation.. for instance in europe this apple statement doesnt mean anything cause if u want to launch a product there u need to offer a 2 year warranty period. china has their own rules too and apple better comply, for it is better to reduce profit than risking not securing that market. aside from this, it is in the whole worlds interest that companies dont start dictating consumer rights.

then u ask about recent sales practices: i mean what happened soon after the original imac boom - yes - it should be something like ten years, maybe a little more?..

meanwhile, i understand u want to defend apple, just be aware that iv been doing that since way before u were born.. apple become strong from the dedication and commitment of a user base against all odds and especially facing an overwhelming majority of windows fanatics who were incapable of questioning their platform.. thats what got microsoft downhill, so for me it is clear that attitudes like urs are to be dropped if we are to keep our beloved apple vision clean. especially from a moderator. if u want to be positive im open for discussion unless u use another insult. peace

• Reply 64 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by PDRPRTScom View Post

hi there. first of all company law cant put itself above local legislation.

Oh, of course not. Agreed.

china has their own rules too and apple better comply

Thing is, they are.

then u ask about recent sales practices: i mean what happened soon after the original imac boom - yes - it should be something like ten years, maybe a little more?..

I still don't understand what you're trying to claim with "recent". They've changed nothing recently.

…just be aware that iv been doing that since way before u were born…

…u…

I'm not so sure.

…who were incapable of questioning their platform…

Thing is, I'm just defending against those who would use lies and falsehoods to question Apple.

…another insult.

I'd have to use one first.

• Reply 65 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, of course not. Agreed.

Thing is, they are.

I still don't understand what you're trying to claim with "recent". They've changed nothing recently.

I'm not so sure.

Thing is, I'm just defending against those who would use lies and falsehoods to question Apple.

I'd have to use one first.

thk u Tallest Skil i appreciate ur respect. yes it is true a decade probably doesnt qualify recent, maybe for me it is cause the first years seemed to go much slower

i do understand that apple says they r complying with all rules.. and im not saying we can be sure the chinese government call is right (at all), but my personal experience tells me that even if we love apple, we still are the people, before being apple. so thank you for defending apple against falsehoods, but at least in my case u can be sure of that old saying: "not all people that drop shit on u want to harm u, and not all people that take u out of shit want the best for u". i want the best for apple.. just in ways that guarantee longevity, close to the people. cheers

at least for me apples success is paramount and that is my ultimate intention. to report from the base what isnt working and what works great just the same. iv read appleinsider for donkey years, and others before but since appleinsider this is my favourite apple news place. the fact that i havent really commented before doesnt mean anything. 

• Reply 66 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by PDRPRTScom View Post

that old saying: "not all people that drop shit on u want to harm u, and not all people that take u out of shit want the best for u".

That's an interesting saying; I've not heard that one.

i want the best for apple. just in ways that guarantee longevity, close to the people.

As do I. But misrepresenting the company for the purpose of tricking the people into demanding better service isn't the way to go about it, and that's what they seem to be doing here.