Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
what has replaced the chooser in OSX - how do I choose to print or fax? :eek:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    With printing, there's Print Center.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    To connect to another computer on your network, in the finder go to 'Go' menu and click connect to server.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Spiffster:

<strong>To connect to another computer on your network, in the finder go to 'Go' menu and click connect to server.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Does that work for wireless networks as well?

How do you print from one computer on a wireless network to a printer attached to another computer on the wireless network?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I forsee a day when maybe a Chooser-like app exists (using Renzvous, CUPS, ZeroConfig, AppleTalk(?),etc).

I think this app will help Classic Mac OS users converts. It may help them feel more comfortable by using a all-in-one network browser app for file and print services again. i have heard many new OS X users say "hey, where's my Chooser!?"

Just a thought..
  • Reply 5 of 7
    You don't need the chooser anymore. If you want to fax something, click "File" then "Print" and in the print dialog box you have a "pulldown" where you can select the printer or fax you want to use.

to connect to a network, click "command" + "k" when you are in the finder.

hope this helps.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>How do you print from one computer on a wireless network to a printer attached to another computer on the wireless network?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You wait for OS X 10.2 to come out this weekend! USB printer sharing makes its glorious return.

Anyone out there with a developer copy tried it? Do shared printers show up in the Print Center, or what?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    How about connecting to windows servers? I know it's possible, but I can't really seem to find it.

BEN