Best Buy, MacMall drop prices on iPad and iPad mini, 3rd-gen model starts at $315

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
In a clearance sale initiated on Wednesday, Best Buy has cut third-generation iPad with Retina display pricing by 30 percent with prices starting at $315 for a 16GB model with Wi-Fi, while MacMall is offering savings on the newest full-size iPad and iPad mini.

iPad Sale
Best Buy's computer clearance iPad pricing.

Best Buy is offering a number of deals, topping out with price drops of $234 for a top-of-the-line 64GB third-generation iPad with cellular connectivity.

With the introduction of the refreshed fourth-generation iPad in October, the previous models saw a slight discount to clear supply channels. Besides the A6X SoC and Lightning connector, the iPad 4 went largely unchanged from the previous version, making the third-gen iPad a great value.

iPad mini and iPad 4 Retina discounts

In addition to the deals from Best Buy, MacMall has also dropped prices on the latest full-size iPad with Lightning connector, as well as select iPad mini models. For example, a 16GB iPad with cellular + Wi-Fi costs $599.99, or $29 less than Apple's own price of $629. The biggest savings can be found with the high end 64GB cellular models, which are going for $39 below list.

As always, AppleInsider readers can find the lowest possible prices on Apple's product offerings, including Macs and iPads, through our price guides (relevant iPad segments inserted below).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14

You guys are idiots. Post when they were available. They are all out of stock all over the US since days/weeks!

• Reply 2 of 14
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

iPad 3 for $315 is a very nice price. I bet that it won't take long before whatever stock that they have is all sold out.

• Reply 3 of 14
    New models are coming!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    You guys are idiots. Post when they were available. They are all out of stock all over the US since days/weeks!

Why do you think the price is so low?

A retailer can offer a really attractive price on items that aren't in stock - it doesn't cost them anything, but draws people into the store.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    B&H iPad Mini
    32GB White WiFi AT&T $429.00
    32GB Black WiFi AT&T $559.00

Seriously?! Black commands $130 premium??
  • Reply 6 of 14
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    isaidso wrote: »
    B&H iPad Mini
    32GB White WiFi AT&T $429.00
    32GB Black WiFi AT&T $559.00

Seriously?! Black commands $130 premium??

Looks like an error which has been fixed. The prices are right now ($429 for each of them).
  • Reply 7 of 14
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    New models are coming!

Yep!

It will be interesting to see what we get. I'm really hoping for a doubling of performance to iron out the last bit of sluggishness. More so I'm wondering if it will come with the new spin of iOS or is we will have to wait until fall for that.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    jrobjrob Posts: 49member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Yep!

It will be interesting to see what we get. I'm really hoping for a doubling of performance to iron out the last bit of sluggishness. More so I'm wondering if it will come with the new spin of iOS or is we will have to wait until fall for that.

Is it overly optimistic to think that a mini-style full size iPad and/or a retina mini could be imminent?

• Reply 9 of 14
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Yep!

Too soon for iOS 7, iOS 7 beta isn't even out yet, dev beta of iOS 7 prolly be introduced at WWDC in June and a fall launch
  • Reply 10 of 14
    marokeromarokero Posts: 99member

$700, or 66800yen, for the 128GB iPad (wifi model) at Yodobashi or Bic Camera in Japan. It's over $150 cheaper there than in the US! While I was in Japan a few weeks ago I saw that price and snagged one right away. How can the iPad be so much cheaper in Japan?

• Reply 11 of 14
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

New models are coming!

In fact, it already came out a few months ago.

How the heck are they still selling the third-gen? I had to check dates on this thread to make sure it hadn't been bumped.

• Reply 12 of 14
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

All gone in SF area.  It's for store pick up only and all of the stores in SF area showed UNAVAILABLE.

• Reply 13 of 14

I smell a major refresh, as much as I dislike Apple I have to give them props for hype and rumors.

• Reply 14 of 14
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by RepairZoom View Post

…as much as I dislike Apple…

Why the heck are you here, then?