Rumor: Apple television with 'iRing' motion controller to launch this year

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member
    Probably bogus but I'm liking the possibilities.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    would you have to go to a jeweler to size it?
  • Reply 43 of 57
    blursdblursd Posts: 123member

What's more interesting is ... the ring is powered by the willpower of it's wearer :s

Who do they have in charge of R&D at Apple ... Hal Jordan?

• Reply 44 of 57
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Wow! Listen to all the naysayers here! Sounds like responses early on to the iPad from analysts and competitors. Suggestion - hold that thought until a product is actually launched. Anything else is just absurd banter.
  • Reply 45 of 57
    Is this sort of like the Architect's pen in the Matrix?
  • Reply 46 of 57
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Considering how hard Samsung and others are trying to copy Apple as fast and as thoroughly as they can, and how ineffective the courts are in stopping it... I sure hope your sources are wrong. I hate to imagine you guys working so hard to give copycats a leg up.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    gunner1954gunner1954 Posts: 142member
    "One iRing to rule them all...LOL: chrispoe

I can now see the writing on the wall ... um ... rather, the writing on the ring!
  • Reply 48 of 57
    How many rings? How to measure (to fit different individual)? NIKE-band like instead of ring perhaps (more adjustable size)?
    Same size as SuperBowl rings? LOL, ridiculous idea...
  • Reply 49 of 57

I heard it was going to be an Apple nose ring for the guys and you just flicked your head around to control the iTV.

For the girls, it will be a vaginal ring with menu control via hip thrusts.

• Reply 50 of 57
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    iRing as a remote? Yeah, let me put that on my finger

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/23108/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 51 of 57
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member

Yeah, bring on the rumors! I lost interest in Apple rumors the last two years, but now it's picking up steam again. All kinds of crazy rumors popping up. Jolly times ;-)

• Reply 52 of 57
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    or it could be the iWatch will actually be called iRing, like, a larger ring shaped device that you can wear around your wrist, hold in your hand, whatever. But I doubt any of this is true.

• Reply 53 of 57
    IRing!? Lol really?! Lmfao
  • Reply 54 of 57

"Where's the remote" is a popular game we play in our home. Of course, it's possible to actually find our remote because it's 9 inches long by 2 inches wide. They better sell the iRings in 10 packs because one won't last more than 30 minutes in our house.

• Reply 55 of 57
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

That's the stupidest idea ever. So if 4 people are watching TV, only one can change channel or they all need a ring?

Who wants to carry a ring around for their TV?

• Reply 56 of 57
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    clemynx wrote: »
    That's the stupidest idea ever. So if 4 people are watching TV, only one can change channel or they all need a ring?

Does each person watching the TV have their own remote in your home? If so, watching TV must be an interesting sport.

The ring is a terrible idea, but not for that reason.
  • Reply 57 of 57
    notscottnotscott Posts: 247member
    PLUS it matches my first generation iMac!