Tim Cook: Apple's product pipeline is 'chock full' of 'incredible stuff'

Comments

• Reply 101 of 145
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    marvfox wrote: »
    I do not listen to crap like that on You Tube.Cook is full of himself.

I thought it was funny. I like silly references. Anyway regarding his statements, isn't that the case with all CEOs? They comment on whatever is allowed. Of course the pipeline comment is executive speech. Everyone on here knows that. You could simply interpret it as updates are coming at some point in the future. It doesn't really contribute information, but neither did anything from the last Apple CEO, unless I'm forgetting something.
  • Reply 102 of 145
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I do not listen to crap like that on You Tube.Cook is full of himself.

You have an odd, and pretty angry view of things. And that of punctuation too.
  • Reply 103 of 145
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Cook is full of himself.

It may be the drugs I've never taken, but I just realized that when people say this, it's just the single most obvious statement imaginable, rather than an insult against the person.

Of COURSE he's full of himself! image

• Reply 104 of 145
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Who gives a shit about the grammar!

• Reply 105 of 145
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member

It gives others another indicator that you're not thinking very clearly. I mean, a period isn't a substitution for a space.

Besides, you're clearly clueless of the basics of product development cycles.
  • Reply 106 of 145

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Oh, I'm not saying anything to that affect at all. Yours is fine. I'm dissecting a secondary meaning that this sentence never puts forth, is all.

Basically I'm sidestepping around the fact that what you've said is UTTER NONSENSE.

• Reply 107 of 145
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member

So we've got confirmations of Haswell, Thunderbolt 2.0, new Wi-fi, and H.265 on deck.

Not to mention the fact that the Thunderbolt Display is obvious. This is the Year of the Mac all over again.

The bad news is that, to save money on events, everything will apparently be released at a single event in June. image

• Reply 108 of 145

Don't hold your breath with Apple until the products actually come out in the market.

• Reply 109 of 145
    junitorjunitor Posts: 8member

tim cook is not god….joe pecci is god. period.

• Reply 110 of 145

I think all of you are full of bullshit including Apple with their phony marketing ideas . Every few months another bullshit idea comes out which is not that major period.

I have no respect about Apple after I read about their hiding money abroad with these tax havens of theirs and hardly paying any taxes at all.

• Reply 111 of 145
    tailpipetailpipe Posts: 345member

I must admit that Apple's reduced momentum on releasing new products has diminished a lot of the excitement and eager anticipation surrounding the Company. That said, the annual cycles through which Steve Jobs introduced revised versions of new products was probably unsustainable. How long could Apple have kept it up before something cracked? 

The first iPhone was a technical marvel, but I couldn't believe what an improvement the iPhone 3G was. Then the iPhone 3GS arrived and that too was a quantum leap. In each case I had no hesitation in upgrading. The same was true for the iPad 3 versus the iPad 2.  While I could only marvel at Apple's ingenuity, my addiction to cutting-edge tech proved to be as expensive as a cocaine habit (actually, I have no idea what street prices of the white stuff is, but hopefully you get the point). I was impressed that the iPhone 4S managed to be yet another worthwhile step forward versus the 4, but I didn't buy it because you have to draw the line somewhere. You just can't go on endless upgrading three different platforms on an annual basis. I doubt that I'll buy the iPhone 5S for the same reason.

In short, Apple under Steve Jobs - in a rush to do stuff before his candle burned out - was walking a tightrope. When you work at 110% for long periods, you inevitably drop the ball. Look at Apple maps (and look at how they've quietly and substantially improved since). There are still lots of kinks to be ironed out, including iCloud, various security loopholes and so on. 

Whether this is true or not, I don't think that innovation at Apple has died at all. We're seeing a maturation strategy being implemented very well. Tim Cook is a consummate executioner of strategy. Once the core range of products has settled into a regular cycle, then the next wave of innovation can come along. 

I suspect that Apple TV sets will be superb. But what I most anticipate is a new software system to do to TV viewing what the iPod and iTunes did to listening to music. If You Tube is the future of TV, then we have to hope Apple can do something better. This takes time and I am sure requires lengthy  negotiation! Then there's the iWatch. This could be equally revolutionary. In the meantime, we're all so primed to expect good things from Apple, we can hardly wait. We're like kids on Christmas morning wanting to open their presents. 

The strategy I'm seeing from Apple is amazing new hardware supported equally if not more impressive software. The sheer functionality of Apple platforms is gradually making Google irrelevant. Apple received a huge amount of flak about its maps application, but as it refines it, the core structure seems to be better than Google Maps (and at least the satellite ground images are more uptodate!!) Apple gets it right. It goes for quality every time. Long may it do so. 

My 2009 Unibody 13" MacBook Pro lasted until December last year. That's four years. I only replaced it because the new rMBP was lighter. That longevity is why I come back to Apple again and again and why I am reluctant to replace things too often. 

So I will only start to worry about Apple, when the rumours of new products cease and right now that seems a long way from happening. Now could be a good buying opportunity for Apple stock.  

• Reply 112 of 145
    tailpipe wrote: »
    I suspect that Apple TV sets will be superb. But what I most anticipate is a new software system to do to TV viewing what the iPod and iTunes did to listening to music. If You Tube is the future of TV, then we have to hope Apple can do something better. This takes time and I am sure requires lengthy  negotiation! Then there's the iWatch. This could be equally revolutionary. In the meantime, we're all so primed to expect good things from Apple, we can hardly wait. We're like kids on Christmas morning wanting to open their presents. 

The strategy I'm seeing from Apple is amazing new hardware supported equally if not more impressive software. The sheer functionality of Apple platforms is gradually making Google irrelevant. Apple received a huge amount of flak about its maps application, but as it refines it, the core structure seems to be better than Google Maps (and at least the satellite ground images are more uptodate!!) Apple gets it right. It goes for quality every time. Long may it do so.

Well I suspect that YouTube is owned by Google... And Apple has iTunes to sell videos. But what the facts are about these devices is that they said they needed content providers to build an Apple TV, and in an interview Tim Cook said that they were very interested in that market. But to create a whole new TV platform aside the cable companies would force them to stream iTunes 24/7 like Netflix does, with a subscription to it's channels.

Another thing is we already know that code has been released that the iPad iOS is getting iRadio to compete with Spotify and that new iTunes versions will follow. Every time a new Apple product is released an iTunes update is made to support it with drivers.

As for Apple Maps being better than Google Maps, yes it is, but the banners are a little too big and in landscape mode they bother me, so I have to switch to Google Maps.

Google will never be irrelevant. It's the world's greatest search engine and and has brought many good things to the table of Apple. The least it will become even larger than it already is.
  • Reply 113 of 145

Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

As for Apple Maps being better than Google Maps, yes it is, but the banners are a little too big and in landscape mode they bother me, so I have to switch to Google Maps.

What a logical and totally justified reason for switching¡

Google will never be irrelevant.

"Microsoft will never be irrelevant!"

It's the world's greatest search engine…

Biggest. Not "greatest".

The least it will become even larger than it already is.

I doubt it.

• Reply 114 of 145

Joe Pesci is a jerk!

• Reply 115 of 145
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Oh apparently Apple beat their earnings expectations but Tim Cook still is a bad CEO boooooooooo!
  • Reply 116 of 145

I hate iMacs. They are the least green computing solution. When your CPU gets long in the tooth you have to toss the display and everything else.

Apple should eliminate the highest end iMac and build a mac maxi with equivalent cpu separate display and graphics card upgradeability.

• Reply 117 of 145
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    brainburst wrote: »
    I hate iMacs. They are the least green computing solution. When your CPU gets long in the tooth you have to toss the display and everything else.

Apple should eliminate the highest end iMac and build a mac maxi with equivalent cpu separate display and graphics card upgradeability.

I agree in some circumstances though as far as waste goes, more people = more waste.
  • Reply 118 of 145

Originally Posted by brainburst View Post

They are the least green computing solution.

Absolute nonsense.

When your CPU gets long in the tooth you have to toss the display and everything else.

How horrible.

• Reply 119 of 145

Did you know Cook is gay?

• Reply 120 of 145
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

So is George Takei. What is your point?