Rumor: Next-gen 'iPhone 5S' to be offered in 3 colorways, debut in July

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

But last time I checked, there were still plenty of girls walking the earth. Do you really want to shut them out?

That's sad.

And to say that only girls are interested in colors is sexist.

• Reply 42 of 56
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

And to say that only girls are interested in colors is sexist.

Not in the slightest. It's vacuous and incorrect, but not sexist.

• Reply 43 of 56

Sexism : Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

So yes, that is definitely sexism. I know what I'm talking about. You don't obviously.

• Reply 44 of 56

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

…against…

Funny how that works. If you demand that it's "sexism", then it's sexist against men. Not women.

• Reply 45 of 56

It could be.

But the hidden message here is that only women like nice colors because they aren't attracted to black and white, seen as more 'serious' colors. Basically women are uncapable of liking any serious color because they can't be serious. Oppose that to black seen as THE dominant 'color'.

And he specifically talked about women. He didn't say 'men don't like colors'. It's subtle I know.

• Reply 46 of 56
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Funny how that works. If you demand that it's "sexism", then it's sexist against men. Not women.

• Reply 47 of 56

Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

Either speak your mind or don't waste the space pretending not to do so.

• Reply 48 of 56
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member

Quote:

Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The term is creeping into random product descriptions via hipster bike enthusiasts, who have been talking about their rides "colorways" for a while now.   I'll bet you dollars to donuts that whoever is using this term at AI picked up from there, and thinks it sounds cool.  

That's interesting. Thanks for the info. I figured it must have leaked in from somewhere, but had no idea from where.

It's still a jarring usage to anyone who has used the term properly in sourcing and specification though.

• Reply 49 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Not "at least," it would be "at most." 

One of the new colors will be Zune Brown... Apple's way of saying Naa, naa naa to Microsoft for beating their butt in iDevices.

I actually like some of the brown and light bronze(?) colors Canon has used on (some) their Elph point and shoot cameras.

Not Zune brown though! image

• Reply 50 of 56
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Ack!  If Apple is down to colors then its the end.  More screen sizes please...

• Reply 51 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Ack!  If Apple is down to colors then its the end.  More screen sizes please...

Yeah, in addition I'd like a bit more battery time (and responsiveness on the iP touches, please.)

• Reply 52 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Not necessarily. Look at the iPod Touch. Different color backs, but the face is white on all of them. A case would hide the backs and show only white - no matter what color you buy.

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

Get a transparent case.

• Reply 53 of 56
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Very perceptive of you. I was only thinking about the iPhone.

Yes, but the point is that if they had a colored iPhone, it could easily follow the same design cues as the existing iPod Touch - color on the back and white on the front so the claim that a case wouldn't hide the color isn't necessarily true.
  • Reply 54 of 56
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    jragosta wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Very perceptive of you. I was only thinking about the iPhone.

Yes, but the point is that if they had a colored iPhone, it could easily follow the same design cues as the existing iPod Touch - color on the back and white on the front so the claim that a case wouldn't hide the color isn't necessarily true.

I see your point, that's true. I don't like the soft tones of the colors, currently, but I think it would be great if they'd release an iPhone, (Product)RED

I have the (red) smart cover for the iPad, but must say this picture is over-saturated.
  • Reply 55 of 56

I truly can't believe so many people here use cases. Cases are stupid. What is the point of Apple making great designs if you put a case on it afterwards?

• Reply 56 of 56
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    clemynx wrote: »
    I truly can't believe so many people here use cases. Cases are stupid. What is the point of Apple making great designs if you put a case on it afterwards?

For the record, I don't have a case for my iPhone. Just the Smart Cover for my iPad.