iPhone 5 debuts to lines, crowds, and commercials on T-Mobile

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Being able to pick up a brand new iPhone 5 today for only $100 upfront, and with no contract sounds like a pretty good deal.

Apart from the contract to pay $20 per month for the next two years, that is.

• Reply 42 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

In all fairness, Blackberry is claiming the report is false, and their legal team is taking it up with both the US and Canadian market regulators. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/the-circuit-blackberry-seeks-sec-review-of-analyst-report/2013/04/12/0cd1699e-a38d-11e2-82bc-511538ae90a4_blog.html

I wish Apple's legal team showed similar b***s.

What I find strange is the Z10 is not compatible with BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) and uses full data services.

Had a few customers caught out on this when their bills went through the roof.

They bought the BB's outright at another carrier, we no longer bother with Blackberry, to the shock and dismay of rare diehard fans.

• Reply 43 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

The iPhone 5 went on sale September 21, 2012. It is less than 6 months old.

21st of March would be six months would it not?

• Reply 44 of 74
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Doesn't the subscriber have to pay the remainder of the $480 owed on the handset if (s)he walks away from the contract?

Why do some people  give some people a hard time when they claim they have a no contract plan, but have agreed to pay for the phone? The person is clearly talking about the month to month carrier service, and not the sales contract for the phone. If the person on the same day as signing up for T-Mobile service, went to Sears and bought a washer and dryer on credit, nobody would claim that if the person left T-Mobile before the washer and dryer was paid off that he still has to pay on the washer and dryer from Sears so that there was a contract. The service and sales involve two different agreements. 

Moreover, people should opt for the 24 month plan. You can stick the $480 in a 2 year CD and make interest. The loan from T-Mobile is a zero interest loan. 

• Reply 45 of 74
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    hill60 wrote: »
    What I find strange is the Z10 is not compatible with BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) and uses full data services.

Had a few customers caught out on this when their bills went through the roof.

They bought the BB's outright at another carrier, we no longer bother with Blackberry, to the shock and dismay of rare diehard fans.

BlackBerry Z10 requires BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10) which forces enterprise customers to upgrade in order to support new users.

Do you not have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 7 (BES 7)?

A few customers (internal or external customers)?

How does anyone make such a mistake to purchase a BlackBerry Z10 outright?

Why are even "rare diehard fans" of BlackBerry shocked. The fortunes of BlackBerry have sunk into the Marianas Trench. In my opinion, no practical, reasonable person could justify the purchase of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to support users.
  • Reply 46 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

21st of March would be six months would it not?

LOL. I forgot October. Nonetheless, the iPhone 5 isn't approaching a year like originally stated.

• Reply 47 of 74
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Apart from the contract to pay $20 per month for the next two years, that is.

Yes of course. You're obviously not getting a $580 phone for only $100.

Is contract really the correct word though?, because they are giving you a zero percent loan, which can be paid off at any time.

• Reply 48 of 74
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Moreover, people should opt for the 24 month plan. You can stick the $480 in a 2 year CD and make interest. The loan from T-Mobile is a zero interest loan. 

Yes, it makes sense to opt for the loan, unless somebody requires their iPhone to be unlocked from day one.

• Reply 49 of 74

Quote:

Why do some people  give some people a hard time ....

The some people that posted originally that led some people to (politely) ask about the $480 upfront subsidy that led the original some people to (politely) respond with a clarification suggests that no people were giving any people a hard time.

Some people! image

• Reply 50 of 74
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Crowds for a 6 month old phone? Not bad.

If there were crowds, they should have picked a more representative photo.

• Reply 51 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Yes, it makes sense to opt for the loan, unless somebody requires their iPhone to be unlocked from day one.

Good point. 

• Reply 52 of 74

• Reply 53 of 74
    yensid98yensid98 Posts: 311member

As soon as my contract is up with AT&T (October 2013), I'm heading on over to T-Mobile.  The only reason I switched from them in the first place was because they didn't support the iPhone.  Now that they do and their plans give users more for less, there's really no reason for me to stick with AT&T.

I only wish I didn't have to wait until October to switch.  But maybe I'll be lucky and Apple will have released the next iPhone by then.  Here's hoping!

• Reply 54 of 74

So, for $100 down and $90 a month you get unlimited data and a free iPhone 5.

Quite shocking how much you guys have to pay over there.

It is near half that here and strong competition meant that in the xmas sales ,  $100 down and $24 a month got you the Galaxy S3 c/w the unlimited data.

• Reply 55 of 74
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post

As soon as my contract is up with AT&T (October 2013), I'm heading on over to T-Mobile.  The only reason I switched from them in the first place was because they didn't support the iPhone.  Now that they do and their plans give users more for less, there's really no reason for me to stick with AT&T.

I only wish I didn't have to wait until October to switch.  But maybe I'll be lucky and Apple will have released the next iPhone by then.  Here's hoping!

No Hollywood...

• Reply 56 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

.....$100 down and $24 a month got you the Galaxy S3 c/w the unlimited data.

• Reply 57 of 74
    Its pretty generous to call 12 people lingering outside the store a "line". Iphone is such old news. Now mainly purchased by grandmothers and 12 year olds.
  • Reply 58 of 74
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by davestall View Post

Its pretty generous to call 12 people lingering outside the store a "line".

Given that a line is any vector between two points, having twelve points absolutely is a "line". 

That Galaxy launches when a device is new can't compare to this is no reason to try to redefine the word line, for frick's sake.

Iphone is such old news. Now mainly purchased by grandmothers and 12 year olds.

Don't troll anymore, thanks.

• Reply 59 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by davestall View Post

Its pretty generous to call 12 people lingering outside the store a "line". Iphone is such old news. Now mainly purchased by grandmothers and 12 year olds.

Put your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes and repeat after me: 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57518813-501465/apple-iphone-5-sold-out-sales-hit-5-million-in-3-days/

• Reply 60 of 74
    jozsoojozsoo Posts: 39member

The iPhone 5 went on sale September 21, 2012. It is less than 6 months old.

That'd be so easy to check if you whipped out your Calendar. A bit over half a year old, actually, if we are talking the same 12-month year cycle. :)