After powering 100 issues of 'Trvl' for iPad, Prss is pitched as 'the software Apple forgot to make'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    richl wrote: »
    Why d ppl ht vwls s mch ths dys?

MG! Thts wht ws gnn pst!
  • Reply 22 of 29

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

@14'27'', but this highlight lasts 2 seconds.

@scottyisgaga: why do you think Apple might buy (a part of) Adobe? I certainly don't see any incentive for this. Sometimes they buy a company for their tech, sometimes for their talent. I'm not saying Adobe lacks both, but can't think of a reason for such a takeover.

so they can have all pros (photoshop, lightroom, etc) on the mac side of things. So Pros have more confidence on Apple, so the mac pro and iMac userbase grows, so that software becomes better supported on macs.

It would be amazing.

• Reply 23 of 29
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Why d ppl ht vwls s mch ths dys?

Exactly.  I assume it's because all the good names are taken, so now everyone resorts to leaving out random vowels.

• Reply 24 of 29
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

so they can have all pros (photoshop, lightroom, etc) on the mac side of things. So Pros have more confidence on Apple, so the mac pro and iMac userbase grows, so that software becomes better supported on macs.

It would be amazing.

And Adobe would sell off their best assets because?  The issues that prosumers have with Apple are not going to be resolved by purchasing part of Adobe.  In fact it would be a disaster for the software since about 50% of Adobe's user base is based on Windows and I am sure none of them would like it.

It would be a total waste of money.  Adobe is a very different company than Apple is.

• Reply 25 of 29
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Quote:

Originally Posted by diddy View Post

And Adobe would sell off their best assets because?  The issues that prosumers have with Apple are not going to be resolved by purchasing part of Adobe.  In fact it would be a disaster for the software since about 50% of Adobe's user base is based on Windows and I am sure none of them would like it.

It would be a total waste of money.  Adobe is a very different company than Apple is.

Because they are dying.

• Reply 26 of 29
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Because they [Adobe] are dying.

No they're not. In fact, their revenue projections are up thanks to the subscription model.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-adobesystems-results-idUSBRE92I14520130319

• Reply 27 of 29
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Umm..you use Adobe InDesign for a magazine (or for anything) and you have to pay Adobe a license fee? Since when? If you output a PDF, how would they even know?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I am both amused and unsurprised that the butt picture has generated almost as much interest as the implications of this app for the future of publishing.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member
    Buy that kid a new swimsuit.