interesting dock issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I used TinkerTool in 10.1.x to make my dock anchor to the left, and I liked it that way for a while, once I got tired of The Aqua Way. But now I'm in a Jagwire mood, so I'd like to put it back centered. Only now, TinkerTool does not work (or open), and there is no way for me to fix the dock back to correct center anchoring (assumably, short of some commandline tinkering). I'm stuck without a way to change the anchoring, but surprisingly enough, 10.2 didn't "fix" the anchoring back to centered.

Anyone else with this problem, or anyone have ideas on how to fix it? I suppose if someone just knew how to change whatever text/xml file in 10.2 to modify the dock anchoring, that would help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Open your terminal and enter this command

defaults write com.apple.dock pinning middle

Then kill the dock and it will relaunch in the correct position.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    could i do that same command only say "pinning left" and have it anchor to the side? or is that like right and left side of the screen (going up and down) vs. anchored on the bottom, but on the left hand side?

did that make any sense?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Pinning determines the alignment of the dock, that is, if it starts in a corner or if it is centered on a side. The pinning options are start, middle, and end.

Orientation determines which side of the screen the dock sits on. The orientation options are top, left, bottom, and right.

The default is bottom middle.

My dock is set to bottom end. This is how that looks:

• Reply 4 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=11295&db=mac"; target="_blank">TransparentDock</a>. It'll give you the option in a menu. Enjoy.

-t
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>Open your terminal and enter this command

defaults write com.apple.dock pinning middle

Then kill the dock and it will relaunch in the correct position.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh yeah, defaults. I forgot about that.

Thanks, guys.

[ 09-06-2002: Message edited by: bradbower ]</p>