Google's Schmidt: We'd like Apple have Google Maps as default on iOS

Comments

• Reply 121 of 151
    tzeshan wrote: »

You are distorting the history by hiding some facts.  Google worked closely with Apple before iPhone launch.  There are a team of Google engineers were given the iOS API by Apple. 

So

Why didn't Apple completely stop Android?

Why does this super espionage only come to fruition when a fanboy claims such?

Why has no Apple executive mentioned anything about this?

Why is Apple completely moronic in your world?
  • Reply 122 of 151
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by excelsior View Post

Meaning my guess in no wave shape or form was directed towards you.

My guess is that you don't know what a public forum is.

Hear no. See no. Speak no.

• Reply 123 of 151
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    tzeshan wrote: »

You are distorting the history by hiding some facts.  Google worked closely with Apple before iPhone launch.  There are a team of Google engineers were given the iOS API by Apple. 

The source code is there for all to see. Did they steal any code?
  • Reply 124 of 151
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

Quote:

Originally Posted by excelsior View Post

So

Why didn't Apple completely stop Android?

Why does this super espionage only come to fruition when a fanboy claims such?

Why has no Apple executive mentioned anything about this?

Why is Apple completely moronic in your world?

You need to ask Steve Jobs. 

• Reply 125 of 151

With regards to why Google can't push updates... because Apple was able to extract that concession from a very weak AT&T at the time.  Apple's demand to control software was a monumental concession on AT&T's part, which probably saved AT&T.

• Reply 126 of 151
    Because Apple was able to extract that concession from AT&T.

Are you answering someone's post? If you did you should've included their post within yours.
  • Reply 127 of 151
    philkyphilky Posts: 20member
    Apple has passed the point of no return, period.I think they should have allowed themselves another year of development instead of rushing it out with iOS6 to have a truly great product. This way the terrible publicity could have been avoided. Apple cannot afford too many apologies like this before losing all its credibility.
  • Reply 128 of 151

Originally Posted by philky View Post

…another year of development…

If the rumors were correct, the deals with Google for content ran out before that could have happened.

This way the terrible publicity could have been avoided.

It's already forgotten.

• Reply 129 of 151
    Crossed swords really.

Google's strategy is very much the web plus apps, whereas Apple's is apps plus the web.
  • Reply 130 of 151
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Not an elegant solution.

...says the guy wanting crappy alternatives.
  • Reply 131 of 151

Nice post! All gamers know that,rs and rs 3 used different syetem.rs 3 is upgrade from rs ,so,rs 3 drawn many gamers awaiting.The factors system for rs is a vacation exclusive and smartly developed the experience. Like the three stages of problems in the experience, the items were also three stages, as always, remarkable and top level. Beginning in the experience, you by causing a regular stability and drops as you improvement through the experience and stage up, place stages and also improves their quality. I believe this product is what created a lot of rs with achievements.rs 3 Items with better rs 3 Items and better system.It must give gamers more fun in the experience.

[url=http://www.mmohome.com/]WOW Gold[/url]|[url=http://www.sellgw2.com/]Guild Wars 2 Gold[/url]|[url=http://www.d3joy.com/]Diablo 3 Gold[/url]

• Reply 132 of 151
    Nice post! All gamers know that,rs and rs 3 used different syetem.rs 3 is upgrade from rs ,so,rs 3 drawn many gamers awaiting.The factors system for rs is a vacation exclusive and smartly developed the experience. Like the three stages of problems in the experience, the items were also three stages, as always, remarkable and top level. Beginning in the experience, you by causing a regular stability and drops as you improvement through the experience and stage up, place stages and also improves their quality. I believe this product is what created a lot of rs with achievements.rs 3 Items with better rs 3 Items and better system.It must give gamers more fun in the experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Rather, the other way around.  At the end of October 2006, Apple asked for Google's help with a mobile API to access Search and Maps.  (Imagine the iPhone's first year without Search, Maps, YouTube, and cell tower location.  It would've been a much less interesting and useful device without Google's products being ported.)

There's no evidence that Google engineers got to see the iPhone or its UI at all.  The stories say they hid all that. Heck, Apple didn't even show it to their own engineers working on various APIs.

However, I think this is most likely where a leak from Apple's team about the kind of UI could've come from, if there was any leak at all.  There would likely have been at least accidental hints about touch, touch map scrolling, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

Crossed swords really. Google's strategy is very much the web plus apps, whereas Apple's is apps plus the web.

One of Google's advantages with maps was that they're also available to everyone on the web, on any kind of device.  This allowed millions of people to correct locations of businesses etc very easily.  

I think a web version would be just as helpful to Apple.

• Reply 134 of 151
    hill60 wrote: »
    ...says the guy wanting crappy alternatives.

Getting less crappier each day.
  • Reply 135 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Rather, the other way around.  At the end of October 2006, Apple asked for Google's help with a mobile API to access Search and Maps.  (Imagine the iPhone's first year without Search, Maps, YouTube, and cell tower location.  It would've been a much less interesting and useful device without Google's products being ported.)

There's no evidence that Google engineers got to see the iPhone or its UI at all.  The stories say they hid all that. Heck, Apple didn't even show it to their own engineers working on various APIs.

However, I think this is most likely where a leak from Apple's team about the kind of UI could've come from, if there was any leak at all.  There would likely have been at least accidental hints about touch, touch map scrolling, etc.

One of Google's advantages with maps was that they're also available to everyone on the web, on any kind of device.  This allowed millions of people to correct locations of businesses etc very easily.  

I think a web version would be just as helpful to Apple.

Are you making this up?  Where do you get this information?  Who coded the first Maps app on iPhone in 2007?

• Reply 136 of 151
    Google still believes in the web.

At least for now.
  • Reply 137 of 151
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member

I agree with Schmidt, I'd love to have Google Maps as default. 

I've tossed Apple's map app in a folder, I never use it.  Apple tried to reinvent the wheel with their maps, and failed miserably, crashed, and burned.  They need to admit their mistake and suck up to Google.

• Reply 138 of 151

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post

I agree with Schmidt, I'd love to have Google Maps as default. 

I've tossed Apple's map app in a folder, I never use it.  Apple tried to reinvent the wheel with their maps, and failed miserably, crashed, and burned.  They need to admit their mistake and suck up to Google.

Totally useless and deceptive post. 

• Reply 139 of 151

Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post

Enjoy your stupid FUD.

• Reply 140 of 151

I'd have to agree in that Google's app is currently superior.  I've had a few encounters using the Apple maps information (not the actual guidance) being incorrect and resulted in me calling places that had nothing to do with what I was attempting to call.

That being said, I do look forward to any improvements Apple can make to the app.  Competition is never bad.