Apple is a leader and will remain a leader!

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
Past few months lots of speculations/rumors took toll on Apples's stock price and as Apple is know they are quite operators and believe in high class deliverables.Apple's leadership on all fronts is beyond any competition's reach and they do not divulge in process product development/changes that makes many analysts presume data. Big names like JPM & GS who have larger resources and insight are still rating Apple buy with $575-$630 price range

On 23rdApril Apple will demonstrate its leadership by beating expectations with numbers and future new products that will roll coming two quarters. Apple corporate philosophy has been steam out the competition and keep your leadership position intact

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Apple is a leader, yes.  I have no doubt they will be a great company for years to come.  

But as an investor/trader, I see myself making alot more money in many other stocks.  One of my holdings was up 10% on Friday alone...  

• Reply 2 of 10
    I believe Apple is a great company. I know there products are superior. Everything they do is first class. But they have lost over $300 billion in market value over the last seven months. That's more than the entire market cap of Johnson and Johnson or Proctor and Gamble. It's one and a half the market cap of Coke. How can this happen, and why do the leaders of this company sit silent as it happens?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by insider7 View Post

…why do the leaders of this company sit silent as it happens?

Because they'd rather work on something that matters, I'd imagine.

• Reply 4 of 10
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because they'd rather work on something that matters, I'd imagine.

Yup.  Unless a company is looking for funding (which Apple isn't), their market cap has absolutely zero affect on business.  

• Reply 5 of 10
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

Yup.  Unless a company is looking for funding (which Apple isn't), their market cap has absolutely zero affect on business.  

Not true - Apple is perilously close to being a good candidate for a hostile buyout.  It is important to the business that the cash horde not get too big and that the market cap not get too small.  If a hostile buyout occurs, who knows what the new owners will do?

• Reply 6 of 10
    e1618978 wrote: »

Not true - Apple is perilously close to being a good candidate for a hostile buyout.  It is important to the business that the cash horde not get too big and that the market cap not get too small.  If a hostile buyout occurs, who knows what the new owners will do?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    So if Exxon's market cap dropped from $391 billion to under $200 billion, no one in management would get upset and worry about keeping their jobs?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by insider7 View Post

So if Exxon's market cap dropped from $391 billion to under $200 billion, no one in management would get upset and worry about keeping their jobs?

Not if they were still increasing profit, revenue, marketshare, cash on hand, and continuing to pump out (heh, pun) great products just like Apple is.

• Reply 9 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    e1618978 wrote: »

:lol: They are nowhere near perilously close to anything and even if they eventually became a candidate for a buyout (at $146 share price), Apple could make moves to take the company private. You think that companies can just randomly buy other massively profitable companies? Who even has the money to be able to do something like this besides Apple and why would outsiders spend so much on Apple? Apple can't even afford itself and it has more money than anyone else.

Far too many companies are leaving money overseas too:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323717004578157331091972730.html
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-08/offshore-cash-hoard-expands-by-183-billion-at-companies.html

I think there needs to be a major overhaul for taxation that works better for online and international sales. They have proposals like the following to try and enforce variable tax rates on sellers:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324493704578432961601644942.html

It's a necessary consequence but not a practical implementation. Right now companies are not paying the right tax rates and they are keeping money tied up in various places because it's not allowed to flow freely internationally. Financial transactions are pretty much all digital now so I don't see why they can't do something with the financial institutions to track transfers and apply taxes based on that instead of adding a burden to the business owners and that same system would work for physical stores. Business owners shouldn't even have to do their tax returns these days when all the transactions are digital.

Anyway, Apple is doing fine and the stock price right now more accurately reflects their earning potential, which is still huge. Estimates above $500 are pretty unrealistic unless Apple shows massive growth, which they won't.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    What is a company's obligation to its stockholders?