Safari quirk in 10.8.3

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Has anyone noticed in Safari, (most current build) that there might be a bug with closing tabs. I've noticed it a few times when trying to just close a tab, it takes a few moments of clicking on one to close it. It's like it is unresponsive for a few seconds. Very odd. It is very random unfortunately, but has occurred more than once. Anybody else experience this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    This happens to me too. It doesn't happen all the time but it's annoying because I think I haven't pressed the close button and when I go to hit the close button again, it will close before I press it. They went back to the expanding tabs again with Safari 6 - wish they'd make up their minds which way they prefer so I don't have to keep adapting back and forth.

Safari 5 was a better release than 6 IMO. I can't really think of anything I prefer in 6 and it has quite a few new bugs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member

Yep exactly! Very odd. So I am not crazy! Thanks. Minor bug if it is one. Hopefully it has been reported or already identified.

• Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Safari also hangs when you open more than a few tabs in the background at once. That's just… I don't get it. It's 2013. And WebKit2. We shouldn't have to deal with that. 

OH AND THE PAGES MAGICALLY JUMP UP AND DOWN RANDOMLY ALL THE FRIGGING TIME SO I'M CLICKING ON A LINK BUT NO NONONONNOIT'S A DIFFERENT ONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. 

Can't stand that.

• Reply 4 of 4
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Safari also hangs when you open more than a few tabs in the background at once. That's just… I don't get it. It's 2013. And WebKit2. We shouldn't have to deal with that. 

OH AND THE PAGES MAGICALLY JUMP UP AND DOWN RANDOMLY ALL THE FRIGGING TIME SO I'M CLICKING ON A LINK BUT NO NONONONNOIT'S A DIFFERENT ONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. 

Can't stand that.

Yeah I think it happens to me with multiple tabs open and then trying to close one..the hanging happens.. very annoying.