Chimera not default browser, what's up?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Each time I set Chimera 0.5 (0.4 was fine) as the default browser in sys prefs: internet, and relaunch sys prefs, it flips back to IE as the default browser (this is in Jaguar). I deleted the com.apple.systemprefrences.plist and the internet config.plist and it still gives me errors.

Any ideas how to fix this annoynace?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Anytime you get a new build of Chimera (and delete the old one), your System Preferences will change the default back to IE. Works the same way with any browser... update to a new version, it reverts the default back to IE. You have to go in a manually change it each time.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    No no, I mean that it switches to IE if I choose anything (omniweb, netscape, mozilla, chimera)... I have effectively deleted omniweb, netscape, internet explorer, and mozilla so sys prefs has no choice but to select chimera. What an annoyance...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Try what I did: copy Internet Explorer to a disk image and delete the original app. That way, the system can't default back to IE (because it won't find it) but you'll still have it on file if you ever get one of those stubborn sites that will *only* load in IE.