powerbooks?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
There seems to be a lot of debate about what (if anything) will happen to the powermacs in the next few days (weeks).

But has anyone heard of anything happening to the TiBooks (faster chips, graphics card etc.)

I'm interested as Im hoping to by a tibook 667 at the end of the month and dont want to get cut up short by a new model.

Ophois

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    gustavgustav Posts: 827member
    There's not been much rumours. However Japan is big on portables, so you may want to wait until just after MW Tokyo. I don't expect anything more of a speedbump if anything - and a 10% speedbump in processor MHz does not equate to a 10% faster computer.

Just don't wait forever. When you decide you need one, get one. And if a new one comes out the next day, don't be upset.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I played with the 667's at the applestore and damn, they were snappy.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    They just updated the PowerBooks before Christmas. If you want to play the 'waiting game', that's up to you, but you could be waiting a LONG time before the PowerBooks are updated again. Considering the fact that most countries still won't have the 'new' combo drive PowerBooks until the end of next month, I wouldn't worry about it. If you need the PowerBook G4 now, buy it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>I played with the 667's at the applestore and damn, they were snappy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's a very impressive machine. best apple product all aound that I have seen in a few years
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I am also waiting to see if I should buy one

TiBook 667 or not. There have been so many people

talking about the new Apollo chip. If it is like

what people believe, then the chance of new

TiBook in MW Tokyo is likely.

So, I think it is worth to wait until MW Tokyo.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think there'll probably be a powerbook update in Tokyo but not before.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Updates are unlikely until March....

If you need one, buy it now. There will always be something new inside of six months, unless you're talking about the towers.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    THe posts above mention MW Tokyo and March as possible contenders for updates.

Am I correct in guessing MW Tokyo is in march, or is it some other event?