Wall Street disappointed by indications that Apple won't launch new products until fall

Comments

• Reply 81 of 156
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Brought to you by one of our 15 year old members.

He's directing that at our most nettlesome Samsung mole. Totally justified, even if jdnc 123 really is an Apple stockholder. Apple needs to shake off such parasites, assuming he's for real.
  • Reply 82 of 156
  • Reply 83 of 156
    mr.scott wrote: »
    I don't think Apple got where it is now by selling POS devices.

That's the problem. I think Wall Street wants Apple to sell point of sale devices. ;)

As long as it isn't a POS POST device!
  • Reply 84 of 156
    seanie248seanie248 Posts: 180member

New Headline

"Apple once again don't actually care about Wall Street"

'Its not like any of those guys who call themselves ANALysts are running Billion Dollar profit companies' Tim Cook allegedly said.

• Reply 85 of 156
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Here's an interesting image showing days between Apple product announcements:

Assuming nothing is released in the next two months, that is.

• Reply 86 of 156
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member
    "WSJ" "Analyst" "Pundit" "Insider"... All terms that mean nothing to me other than lies, conjecture and hearsay.
  • Reply 87 of 156
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member

True.  Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world - certainly one of the most successful companies (ever?) in the USA.

So the question is:  Why does Wall Street treat them like they are some upstart, no-hope, cottage industry?  You'd think that American financiers would describe Apple in positive terms - shout US innovation, competence, domination, as loudly as possible - but the reverse seems to be the case.

It's a mystery to me.  I ran out of reasons for this disconnect between Apple's performance and its reporting in the finance sector after considering: crude stock-manipulation, sad column-inch journalism, malicious/enjoyable fun-tweaking of AAPL fan-sites, treason (aiding and abetting the enemy . . .)

• Reply 88 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sumergo wrote: »
    True.  Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world - certainly one of the most successful companies (ever?) in the USA.

So the question is:  Why does Wall Street treat them like they are some upstart, no-hope, cottage industry?  You'd think that American financiers would describe Apple in positive terms - shout US innovation, competence, domination, as loudly as possible - but the reverse seems to be the case.

It's a mystery to me.  I ran out of reasons for this disconnect between Apple's performance and its reporting in the finance sector after considering: crude stock-manipulation, sad column-inch journalism, malicious/enjoyable fun-tweaking of AAPL fan-sites, treason (aiding and abetting the enemy . . .)

Simple, they don't think Apple can stay 'King of the Hill'. The competition is gaining and while they might not be able to dethrone Apple they can chip away at their earnings.
  • Reply 89 of 156
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Here's an interesting image showing days between Apple product announcements:

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-event-time-line-2013-4
    This chart leads me to believe Apple's not just working on incremental updates. Otherwise you would have to assume they really are out of ideas, or are so lost they can't even get out incremental updates. Obviously that's what Wall Street believes.
  • Reply 90 of 156
    The killer service/feature would be Push-To-Talk, ala Sprint/Nextel style Direct Connect with a dedicated, yet programmable PTT button!
  • Reply 91 of 156
    rogifan wrote: »
    This chart leads me to believe Apple's not just working on incremental updates. Otherwise you would have to assume they really are out of ideas, or are so lost they can't even get out incremental updates. Obviously that's what Wall Street believes.

Whatever happened to the incremental updates of iOS? New features used to be added several times a year.
  • Reply 92 of 156

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lawl, fud.

The fall is in 4-5 months. You do understand what time of years is Fall don't you? Stop posting stupid shit.

• Reply 93 of 156

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Assuming nothing is released in the next two months, that is.

Again we are having trouble with the four seasons of the years. Unless you don't believe Tim Cook.

• Reply 94 of 156
    The killer service/feature would be Push-To-Talk, ala Sprint/Nextel style Direct Connect with a dedicated, yet programmable PTT button!

Via iMessage? Apple only, therefore? Is it possible?
  • Reply 95 of 156
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The fall is in 4-5 months.

And your implication is that we won't know anything about anything until "fall"? 

Stop posting stupid shit.

Please do.

Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Again we are having trouble with the four seasons of the years. Unless you don't believe Tim Cook.

Stop posting stupid shit.

• Reply 96 of 156

He could be in South America where it is the fall.
  • Reply 97 of 156
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Disappointed?? WHO CARES!
    "Oh my goodness, we can't take advantage of any new Apple publicity to buy and sell stocks! Boo hoo!!" say the stock trading whiners.

Wall Street destroyed the economy. Tough crap for their "disappointment". Half of them should be in prison right now. I hope Apple buys all its stock back and goes private some day. Public ownership sucks for everyone involved except the "preferred shareholders." Public ownership has nothing to do with "investing" in the economy, and everything to do with abusing it. Self-fulfilling prophecies and manipulation of businesses for the narrow interest of people that have zero care, comprehension or responsibility for the products or customers of the businesses they play their speculation and valueless opinion games with.
  • Reply 98 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the incremental updates of iOS? New features used to be added several times a year.

They are busy with a major update?

They don't have unlimited resources.

Not enough good engineers, not enough room till they get the new HQ.

That sort of thing.
  • Reply 99 of 156

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

He could be in South America where it is the fall.

Good point. Maybe we should remind him that Apple is an United States based company so maybe he should go by our seasons. >>LOL

• Reply 100 of 156
    cykzcykz Posts: 81member
    Let's face it. The next Apple product will probably disrupt the iPhone, iPad and Macs alltogether.