Apple immediately sells out of WWDC 2013 tickets

Comments

• Reply 61 of 86
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    stelligent wrote: »
    Two different things.

No, they are same. You have the right to state falsified claims as unwavering fact on this forum but don't expect anyone to think you're being reasonable, rationale or honest when you state your opinion or rumours.
  • Reply 62 of 86
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    stelligent wrote: »
    Ah yes, Appleinsider is the paragon of factual rigor on the same level as Wikipedia. You are f---ing kidding me.

Being an open forum does mean that there is a lot of crap that gets posted but your juvenile comments that you don't have to be responsible for your own words because others started it is really pathetic. You were given the benefit of the doubt and shown respect when a source was inquired but instead of providing one or apologizing for improper wording you've just shown to everyone that reads this thread that your words are neither to be trusted nor respected.
  • Reply 63 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

One of the problems is that there are too many people who go to the event for the scoop on Apple products and announcements. They are mostly reporters who come in as developers and while they may have some background they are not true developers.

Apple needs a bigger venue and needs to have more options for reporters at the event, or move the product announcements to a more open larger venue.

The reporters attending the Keynote on Monday are NOT attendees at the event and are not counted against the 5,000 cap. You need to have a paid developer account to buy a ticket. 

• Reply 64 of 86
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

They could theoretically sell tickets separately to the keynotes vs the workshops, but the workshops are really the cool thing about going to WWDC. You can watch a video of the keynote anywhere. But if you're an iOS developer, getting to talk directly to engineers who built the platform and even have them give you advice on your code... you can't scale that up. There are only so many Apple engineers. 

• Reply 65 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Ah yes, Appleinsider is the paragon of factual rigor on the same level as Wikipedia. You are f---ing kidding me.

Then don't read it, and PLEASE STOP hijacking its forums with your angry and insulting posts. Sheeesh. 

• Reply 66 of 86
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Perhaps not a huge disadvantage. But I can tell you from first hand experience that being able to talk to an Apple developer really opens your eyes. In the rare instance, you might make a friend who will provide the odd insight that becomes a real ongoing advantage.

Sure, the "networking" is important if you can make such a connection and it's easier face to face than in email.  But frankly, you kinda have to stand out anyway and if you do then you'll likely be in position to leverage other opportunities that come your way as well. 

A killer app attracts attention.  Competence attracts attention.

• Reply 67 of 86
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

All this is a bit silly, isn't it, folks?

Any of you follow discussions on Branch? Here is one involving some of the most clued-in Apple bloggers discussing what they've heard about iOS 7 development delays: http://branch.com/b/apple-to-begin-iphone-production-this-quarter. Allegedly, engineers from OSX development are being pulled to help, just as they were back in 2007. You will find some sweet nuggets about the UI revamp, too. Emphasis on the word nuggets intended, because it is not a long discussion. My personal opinion is that these guys are generally in the know.

Sorry if I have overstepped my bounds here by intervening. But it's really not that amusing to watch you folks engage in a Seinfeld-esque debate.

Of course it's silly TS and Soli are involved.   I have no clue why anyone would demand proof of a rumor espoused in a passing comment anyway...especially when even more absurd things are "stated as fact" regularly and everyone else knows by context it's just opinion or guess.  That iOS7 is late is obviously in that category.  Those that actually know wont tell.  Those in the know will guess, sometimes correctly, sometimes not.

Branch is pretty interesting...what used to go on hidden in private emails or on normal twitter is much nicer on Branch.

• Reply 68 of 86
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    One solution for this problem is to limit individuals attendance to once every other year. This will give people who didn't attend a chance. Also they can reduce organizations to 2 seats instead of 5. They really need to figure out a way to give people better chances. They did something smart this year by limiting ticket purchases to registered developers as of the announcement not the time tickets go on sale.
  • Reply 69 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by nht View Post

Of course it's silly TS and Soli are involved.   I have no clue why anyone would demand proof of a rumor espoused in a passing comment anyway...especially when even more absurd things are "stated as fact" regularly and everyone else knows by context it's just opinion or guess.  That iOS7 is late is obviously in that category.  Those that actually know wont tell.  Those in the know will guess, sometimes correctly, sometimes not.

Branch is pretty interesting...what used to go on hidden in private emails or on normal twitter is much nicer on Branch.

Well, I don't know most people here. But I do know that Gruber guards his reputation zealously. It's true what someone said - Gruber has been wrong. But wrong many times? I don't know about that. Gruber is always clear about whether he's speculating or he has heard from inside sources. Here he seems to be suggesting the latter. He is also not the only one stating one (although others might be echoing him in order to appear to be in the know).

I am not surprised that iOS7 is not "on schedule". First of all, they are overdue for a significant upgrade. Second, if they intend to bring in Jony Ive's changes to the user interface, they have had barely 8 months to work on that. Regardless, can't wait!!

• Reply 70 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearheart View Post

The reporters attending the Keynote on Monday are NOT attendees at the event and are not counted against the 5,000 cap. You need to have a paid developer account to buy a ticket. 

Some bloggers and Apple fans pay for a developer account even though they are not developers and never write any code. It's their way of "staying involved". Going to WWDC to rub shoulders with Apple folks is a pilgrimage trip for them. It's not that costly to get an account.

• Reply 71 of 86

Quote:

It's last year's invite with the squares superimposed.

You have a point. The coloured squares are certainly reminiscent of the 2012 logo...just stacked. However, the font/typography still feels like a departure from what I'm used to seeing.

• Reply 72 of 86
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by nut View Post

…a rumor espoused in a passing comment…

Espoused as fact.

…when even more absurd things are "stated as fact" regularly…

Such as?

Originally Posted by jonvdveen View Post

However, the font/typography still feels like a departure from what I'm used to seeing.

Isn't it just Myriad Pro Light with the kerning turned down to insane levels? We're not accustomed to seeing anything in MPL unless it's a number or the word "Air". 

Let's see… 

Ah, nope. 

• Reply 73 of 86
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

What is this nonsense about "need"? This demand itself is a waste of time (yours and mine, but perhaps not of Tallest because he does nothing but badger people here anyhow). I let my words speak for me.

If you deem me unintelligent and unprovocative, then ignore me. If you think my track record is such that my words are not worth a damn without a citation, then don't trust me.

But if you think that perhaps there is veracity in what I wrote and are interested in my "source" or "inspiration", then ask in that vein instead of demanding a citation (as TS did) as if this place is a monument of rigorous debate, or offering some condescending, time-wasting, hypocritical lecture on why a citation is needed when it clearly is not.

WTH do you think citation needed is referring to if you don't think it's asking for a source? image Are you honest not familiar with its origin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed

Ok, I'll jump in.

The problem with wikipedia (one of my most used websites) that is obvious to anybody who has ever used it, is that people (i.e., "dick-heads"), tag "citation needed" to ANYTHING. Often things that do not require citation.You see it all the time. right?

Sugar: a sweet<citation needed> substance derived from...

• Reply 74 of 86
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member

Until Apple themselves says that there is a schedule to actually delay, there is no factual basis to the term "behind schedule" and iOS 7 or whatever.  Apple hasn't  announced anything, much less a date.  Until an actual date is announced, nothing is "delayed"

• Reply 75 of 86

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's last year's invite with the squares superimposed.

That's one way of looking at it. One can look for possibilities or one can look for reasons why they don't exist. Personally, I prefer to indulge in the more imaginative and exciting alternative. We will see soon!

• Reply 76 of 86
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by diddy View Post

Until Apple themselves says that there is a schedule to actually delay, there is no factual basis to the term "behind schedule" and iOS 7 or whatever.  Apple hasn't  announced anything, much less a date.  Until an actual date is announced, nothing is "delayed"

Glad you set me straight. I stand corrected.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Reply 77 of 86
    c0h1b4 wrote: »
    I've pushed buy ticket, entered my credentials and got error message from the server.

Retried a few times, and then sold out by 10:02am

This is totally bullsh*t.
    This might mean there website overloaded, and chose you to get kicked out.

Well it is near with the number one OS for the market.(and the second)

Anybody else notice that under it says MMX3 does anybody know what that means or is it a secret relevance coming.
  • Reply 78 of 86
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    slurpy wrote: »
    WWDC 2010: 8 days
    WWDC 2011: 12 hrs
    WWDC 2012: 2 hrs
    WWDC 2013: 2 min

Holy fucking shit. 

By 2020 you'll need to book your children in while they are still in the womb so they can attend the 2035 event
  • Reply 79 of 86

is there any other event such as concert, sport event, got its ticket sold out faster than 2 minutes? this should goes to guiness book of record or something..

• Reply 80 of 86
    Because there will be a product announcement. All the naysayers want front row seats to throw zingers in case there is none.