Tim Cook's coffee date crushes records with $560,000 bid for charity [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

This article is so behind....

Current Bid: $505,000 (75 bids)

Now, your comment is so behind as it's now up to $560K and growing.  LOL.

• Reply 22 of 55

Imagine what the price would be to do the same thing with Steve Jobs.  It would probably be double..

• Reply 23 of 55
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    It's really hilarious to look at the other bids - even those which are ending soon are only a tiny fraction of what Cook's coffee date is getting. Justin Bieber and The Jonas Brothers (and concert tickets for 4-which is probably several hundred dollars by itself) is about $12 K. The others are even lower.
    Alec Baldwin - $2,000?

https://www.charitybuzz.com/categories/15/catalog_items
  • Reply 24 of 55

What's unfortunate is even if someone pays this kind of money to sit down with Tim Cook, he's still not going to give you any specifics on new products.........  So, you still have to wait for that information just like everyone else.

About the most he'll tell you is what he's already said on these conference calls and interviews.....  I doubt you are going to get much more than that.  

I'm not trying to burst people's bubble, just setting realistic expectations as to the type of information Tim will give during the one on one interview.

• Reply 25 of 55
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    drblank wrote: »
    What's unfortunate is even if someone pays this kind of money to sit down with Tim Cook, he's still not going to give you any specifics on new products.

That may be why "we" would want to have coffee with Cook but I doubt the people who are bidding hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity are expecting to get some inside scope out of this.
  • Reply 26 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

The important question is, will the coffee be on the house or would I have to pay for it? If it's on the house I'm considering a bid. 

• Reply 27 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

What's unfortunate is even if someone pays this kind of money to sit down with Tim Cook, he's still not going to give you any specifics on new products.........  So, you still have to wait for that information just like everyone else.

About the most he'll tell you is what he's already said on these conference calls and interviews.....  I doubt you are going to get much more than that.  

I'm not trying to burst people's bubble, just setting realistic expectations as to the type of information Tim will give during the one on one interview.

Uh, obviously. If anyone is bidding expecting to get even a shred of a hint of information that is not already public from Tim, then they're fools. I wouldn't even bother asking, it would be a waste of valuable time. I'd definitely prepare a list of topics before hand that I would be interested in discussing with him, which would be mainly "big picture" stuff, and also to try to egt some insight as to him as a person. 

• Reply 28 of 55
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezlegrunk View Post

Or people whose tax rates are obviously too low if they have that kind of money to throw around ...

I'd downrate this comment if the system permitted.

• Reply 29 of 55
    buzzzbuzzz Posts: 84member
    So a middle aged graying old man gets much higher bids than the latest young hot celebs?! That's hilarious! :lol: I wonder if Steve Ballmer was one of the dates how high a bid he would get?! :p
  • Reply 30 of 55
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member
    I'm bidding 50 cents to have coffee with Steve Ballmer assuming he pays for the coffee.
  • Reply 31 of 55
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    jpvn wrote: »
    Yes, someone that bought a lot of aapl stock at $700.00

Wouldn't have any money to bid.
  • Reply 32 of 55
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Mindboggling. Talk about blind date pressure. I don't care who you are, you're going to feel awkward sitting down to chat with a stranger knowing they paid half a million dollars or more just for the privilege of meeting you.

It would be funny if the high bidder is Jony Ives. Better yet it's Tim Cook himself so he doesn't have to meet with someone.
  • Reply 33 of 55

It's just coffee.  It's not as if he is going to spill any secret details while you two are chatting it up.  

• Reply 34 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post

I wonder if Steve Ballmer was one of the dates how high a bid he would get?! image

I reckon 5 kilos of bananas would clinch a date dance with from Monkey Boy!

• Reply 35 of 55

Charitybuzz is a for-profit company that keeps 20% of the money donated BEFORE donating "100% of net proceeds" to the charity.

check out wikipedia

• Reply 36 of 55
    Ok that's it, I'm gonna open an espresso stand. I wonder what to expect in the tip jar for a half million dollar cup of coffee. :D
  • Reply 37 of 55
    He'd better put out.
  • Reply 38 of 55
    solipsismx wrote: »
    edit: Article adjusted.

LOL. Now if they'll care enough to spell check like the big boy sites...
  • Reply 39 of 55
    It's just coffee.  It's not as if he is going to spill any secret details while you two are chatting it up.  

Stop it. You'll that'll make NBC News' Brian Williams jealous.
  • Reply 40 of 55
    markbyrn wrote: »
    I'm bidding 50 cents to have coffee with Steve Ballmer assuming he pays for the coffee.

As long as you don't ask for Java.