BlackBerry CEO expects 'several tens of millions' of Q10 unit sales

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

i thought the phone was 150€, not 600.

If it was 150 I would put my Android phone on a trash can.

• Reply 22 of 67
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

i thought the phone was 150€, not 600.

If it was 150 I would put my Android phone on a trash can.

Are you talking about subsidized or unsubsidized pricing? 150 EUR after subsidies sounds reasonable for some EU countries. The unsubsidized price in the UK is around 680 EUR.

• Reply 23 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

Are you talking about subsidized or unsubsidized pricing? 150 EUR after subsidies sounds reasonable for some EU countries. The unsubsidized price in the UK is around 680 EUR.

I thought this was a cheap phone and was getting ready to get it. I mean, it is even worse than a galaxy S3 or 4, a nexus 4... and by the looks and features i thought it would be cheap.

• Reply 24 of 67
    Is this the same company that paid a flash mob to wave "WAKE UP" signs in front of an Apple Store in Sydney? Like that was going to solve their problems.
  • Reply 25 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Is this the same company that paid a flash mob to wave "WAKE UP" signs in front of an Apple Store in Sydney? Like that was going to solve their problems.

No. That was RIM.

This is Blackberry. Totally different.

• Reply 26 of 67
    tomjavatomjava Posts: 11member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBBarrett View Post

I think you guys are underestimating how successful this phone will be. I am a big Mac fan, have a houseful of Apple phones, iPads, laptops but FOR BUSINESS I am ditching my iPhone for a Q10. I will keep my personal iPhone and will use my MacBook everyday. I am more productive with a keyboard and when you deal with 150 emails and texts per day the keyboard is the only way to go. I have actually put my iPhone 4 from my company back in the drawer and resurrected a Blackberry Bold until I can order a Q10. Give me a real BB keyboard anyday, the iPhone is fun, but I can do more, faster, and more accurately on a BB. Hurry up and ship it in the US BB. Verizon has several orders just waiting to be put in from our company.

Really, most of BB users are moving to either iphone or android.  I know, if fact, two of them switched to iphone last week.image

• Reply 27 of 67
    mdwishmdwish Posts: 3member
    I sure hope Mary can read Latin...
  • Reply 28 of 67
    No. That was RIM.

:)

Reminds me of the late '70's, every time an airplane hit a mountain, they'd change their name and have to repaint all the remaining planes ASAP in the new livery.
  • Reply 29 of 67
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member

Of course they are switching to iPhone. But remember, the Q10 is not even here yet. Give it time. And yes, loads of BB users want the Physical keyboard. I was a BB user, and loved the keyboard. I switched years ago because of a stagnant/dying OS. Love iOS, but sure do miss the keyboard.

• Reply 30 of 67
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    No. That was RIM.

No more RIM jobs I guess.
  • Reply 31 of 67
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

All they need are millions more people like you image

Thats the thing, They have millions who think like that. BB will come out with less expensive devices soon also.

• Reply 32 of 67
    shighshigh Posts: 27member
    I wok for 7-11 and a number of our FC's (field consultant, which i think purposefully makes no sense to sound important) have recently had their bbs taken and given iphone 4's
  • Reply 33 of 67
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Although I have my doubts, I hope he is right.

It is sad to see the glee herein. Some (many?) of you, particularly those who cannot hold a candle to BB's founds in accomplishment, are hoping for this company to die off, and are in fact celebrating their demise already. Why? Is it not a good thing to have another turnaround story? There are thousands of jobs at stake. It is doubtful all or even many would find equivalent alternatives without moving. A BB comeback is good for everyone. 

• Reply 34 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjava View Post

Really, most of BB users are moving to either iphone or android.  I know, if fact, two of them switched to iphone last week.image

I know a test group of 5 people who were given iPhone, BB Z10 and Samsung Note II to perform an evaluation. Four selected the Z10 and one the Note II. Three of them were, now former, iPhone users. Go figure

• Reply 35 of 67
    diddydiddy Posts: 282member

i wouldn't take anything from a sample of 5 to mean much of anything.  Its almost exactly what I would all anecdotal.

• Reply 36 of 67
    I think a lot of people are underestimating BlackBerry, just like every body was with Apple in 1997. I think RIM did a great job with acquiring solid companies to make BlackBerry successful. I have been a apple fan for a long time and still am. I love Apple computers and will always continue to do so. The iphone though I recently gave up. The reason for this is simple, for starters there is no removable battery, second is that the keyboard on the iphone just sucks for people who have to write in more than one language. I use to struggle so much with the iphone to always change the keyboard language from English to French all the time. Some people will say well its so easy to do, we'll it is but it gets really annoying when you have to do it all the time and always have to remember to switch your keyboard language for particular clients. I think the q10 will sell in the millions for sure as there is a strong demand for keyboards and anybody doing serious emails will end up probably getting it.
  • Reply 37 of 67
    lobolobo Posts: 3member
    You people are in as much denial as Jim Balsillie was in 2007.

Fact is, you can't expect 100% of people to like the same thing... it's just not Human, we are not all little green droids that look all the same. Fact is, 10% to 15% of the market wants keyboards... just get over it, it's not a threat to Apple or Android, but it's enough for BB to make a profit.
  • Reply 38 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Well, no matter, whoever they are, wherever they are.... I hope BB owns the qwerty smartphone market. I hope it integrates well with iCloud. Qwerty BB is not a threat even if it is a sizeable market. Some people will never change.

Really?

RIM totally owns the keyboard market now, even with completely outdated, outclassed phones, just because most customers see touch-screen-only phones work just fine for normal everyday use, even if you are heavily into texting.

And it totally doesn't integrate with iCloud, as integration with non iOS/MacOS systems is well, non-existent [I think there might be kind of half-a$$ed partial support for it on Windows.

And it totally isn't a threat.  The crowd that wants a physical keyboard is relatively small and shrinking.

• Reply 39 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Which CEO said it? ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

They just have the one now...

Just one, but he's got a multi-personality disorder. I think it was Mr. Happy that said it. 

• Reply 40 of 67

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

Thats the thing, They have millions who think like that. BB will come out with less expensive devices soon also.

You need to get that tinfoil hat retuned...