Briefly: Adobe offering $30 off Lightroom 4, Photoshop and Premiere Elements for Mother's Day

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Adobe on Monday announced special Mother's Day pricing for Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements 11, Premiere Elements 11, and a Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 bundle, each getting a $30 discount off regular pricing.

Lightroom 4 was recently updated to version 4.4, and includes a variety of one-click enhancements, as well as a comprehensive set of image adjustment tools. The software supports the latest digital cameras, including RAW files from popular DSLRs and point-and-shoots. Lightroom 4 normally sells for $149.

Photoshop Elements 11 brings a number of powerful editing assets from Adobe's flagship Photoshop CS6 software to the consumer, for a fraction of the price. New features include location metadata, an enhanced Spot Healing Brush and leading-edge technology that allows for the quick splicing and combining of separate photos. The software also lets users share their pictures online via a Web interface and Facebook. Photoshop Elements 11 is priced at $99.

Finally, Premiere Elements 11 is Adobe's consumer video editing title which, like Photoshop Elements, shares a variety of features with its the pro-level counterpart. Highlights include automated tools to reduce camera shake, fix lighting issues and balance audio. As with Photoshop Elements 11, Premiere Elements 11 is also $99 without discount.

A bundle of the two Elements products is also available with an original price of $149.

Adobe's Mother's Day discount takes $30 off normal pricing for all four products. To take advantage of the special pricing, click on the above links and enter the discount code "SPRING30" at checkout. The promotion ends on May 11.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    $119 for LR4 seems like a good deal, especially compared to A3, which is $79 I believe. Still, for some reason I haven't tried the trial version yet...why is that?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

Just what every mother wants for Mother's Day.

• Reply 3 of 10
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Did Adobe ever release the "de-blurring" photo software/filter that they demoed quite a while ago?

It could take a photo blurred badly by movement of the photographer and make it razor sharp.

I haven't heard a damn thing about it since...

• Reply 4 of 10
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Not working...

• Reply 5 of 10
    Prices like this is what keeps Pirate Bay alive.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I find all the Element product line odd on the Mac platform.
    It makes more sense on Windows without apps such as iPhoto or iMovie, which are pretty decent.

It seems more a product as a value added bonus when buying a new camera?

In my non-scientific analysis, most Mac users are content with iPhoto. It does more than many of them will every understand.
    Those that are more serious about photography will buy Lightroom, Aperture, or Photoshop. Or do a subscription for Photoshop.
    Or pirate Photoshop

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know anyone who uses Photoshop Elements, even if it came free with their new camera.
    What is the point of Photoshop Elements (on OSX) except that it is a check mark on a camera specs list? The "Photoshop" name?

Anybody have a better explanation?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    airbubbleairbubble Posts: 105member

I really like to know when they will truly drop Flash & their buggy java elements for Mac OS-X?

• Reply 8 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by AirBubble View Post

I really like to know when they will truly drop Flash & their buggy java elements for Mac OS-X?

Delete Flash and Java from your computer. Be part of the change, because webdevs won't change unless they see that no one is using the tech they use.

• Reply 9 of 10
    vorsosvorsos Posts: 302member

Flash still has its place among content creators, and more animated shows are using it (Archer and MLP come to mind). But as with Java, it doesn't belong on the typical user's system. For that matter, neither does the apparently end-of-life'd SilverLight, which is why Netflix is exploring HTML5 video delivery.

Spacepower View Post

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know anyone who uses Photoshop Elements, even if it came free with their new camera.

What is the point of Photoshop Elements (on OSX) except that it is a check mark on a camera specs list? The "Photoshop" name?

You don't know any users, and I'll grant that's true, but if no one was using it, Adobe would discontinue it.

My guess as to its Mac appeal: easier entry point for amateurs. Fewer esoteric features to navigate around when trying to learn the basics. And as a genuine answer for budget-conscious users who want to do the right thing; not everyone pirates, just as more than zero people use PS E.

• Reply 10 of 10

For some reason I don't get why people complain about a apps price when they are paying $1000 or + for their mac, I paid a lot for my mac and the last thing I want is buggy software and break the law