Something like Carracho - For Linux or Windows??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My iBook isn't with me right now..

So, is there something like Carracho for Linux or Windows?

I'd prefer Linux but the downloader is either in Windows or Mac.

Just wanted to make one friend download Redhat 7.3 cds but... in Linux or Winzoz how do i do that?

I cant even use my webspace for that.. i have lousy 100 M on each account..

:confused:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    <a href="http://www.bigredh.com"; target="_blank">www.bigredh.com</a> Hotline

<a href="http://www.haxial.com"; target="_blank">www.haxial.com</a> KDX

KDX has an avant garde interface, but I love it to bits. Super small, hyper fast. Just fantastic.

Both for MacOS and Windoze.

Dunno about anything for Linux.

ciao tigrotta!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    The first post isn't very clear, but when in linux (all the time) I use gtk-gnutella and or limewire for gnutella network pillaging, Gnapster (and the OpenNap protocol) for stealing music from artists, and I'd recommend a google search along the lines of 'hotline linux client' etc for a linux equiv.

Hope this helps?

ciao!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i try what zo suggested

i have the redhat 7.3 cds that work, and one friend would like to get those from me. he uses win and mac, and before my ibook gets back to me i'm in linux and windowz how i decide. so i needed a carracho like software where i put something to the server and authorize the friend to download that.

i got music more than enough, nearly 10 cds of mp3s from audiogalaxy before it went down.. so now i have some 30 cds of mp3s (and right now using a 4,6 G hard drisk laptop that has redhat and winzoz ME so not really space for music..)

he doesnt want to try it from the linux sites etc cos he got already 3 times the wrong checksum

lets see how that works..

thanx
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Look for 'ftp server software' for the platform of choice. Then set up an account for your friend (ie: login: yourfriend, pass: 123), then they may pillage your warez to their hearts content.

You'll have a folder within which are the files you want to share. Simply make an alias of your cd drive in this folder to allow them access to the CD's contents.

I'd be more specific about setup, but the instructions vary from ftp server to ftp server. Also, sounds like you'd be using an ftp server on Windows, which I have no experience with.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Sounds like i have to use windows to ftp. i'd prefer linux but i have a 2.2 G partition with redhat 7.3 on it - dont have space to host an empty cd (sucks) ... so, in the "huge" 2.4 G winzoz space i'll find that space