BlackBerry CEO expects 'several tens of millions' of Q10 unit sales

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    stelligent wrote: »
    Although I have my doubts, I hope he is right.

It is sad to see the glee herein. Some (many?) of you, particularly those who cannot hold a candle to BB's founds in accomplishment, are hoping for this company to die off, and are in fact celebrating their demise already. Why? Is it not a good thing to have another turnaround story? There are thousands of jobs at stake. It is doubtful all or even many would find equivalent alternatives without moving. A BB comeback is good for everyone. 
    I wouldn't say gleeful to see Blackberry & other phone companies struggle just vested in Apple, nothing personal
  • Reply 62 of 67
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    mstone
    I am at a loss to understand how they think such an old, obsolete phone design has any chance in hell of selling 10s of millions

Well actually there is nothing obsolete in the Q10, it has a new OS paired with competent hardware. I can sort of understand the animosity towards Android but the new BB 10 OS is pretty good. RIM has released what seems to be a last hail Marry and we should at least applaud their audacity for not going quietly in the night. I think Apple insider should stop posting stories about none Apple issues, it seems to bring out the school yard bully in all of us.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    Press one button and the language changes. Now shut up and actually use the product before lying about it.

Yes changing the keyboard language in iOS is easy but you have to navigate to the settings app, select General, Keyboard, then click on the desired language. When your done typing you have to do it all over again, easy yes, pain yes. In BB there is a keyboard shortcut, Alt-Enter done. As I live in Switzerland I write emails in French, German and English almost everyday, sometimes even Italian, so that hotkey is a pretty convenient thing. BB 10 will now switch the keyboard and even the spell checker automatically when it detects that your typing in a different language so you don't even have to use the hotkey. Even going so far as suggesting a word or word complete.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yes changing the keyboard language in iOS is easy but you have to navigate to the settings app, select General, Keyboard, then click on the desired language. When your done typing you have to do it all over again, easy yes, pain yes.

Uh… no. Not at all. It's called leaving it alone. And you don't even have to do that to get to the appropriate modifier keys if you just want a snippet.

In BB there is a keyboard shortcut, Alt-Enter done.

SO PRESSING TWO KEYS IS NOW MAGICALLY EASIER THAN PRESSING ONE, HUH?! image

As I live in Switzerland I write emails in French, German and English almost everyday, sometimes even Italian, so that hotkey is a pretty convenient thing.

Yeah, Apple's hotkey is a pretty convenient thing, huh? Tell me, if you go past Italian, what happens? Does it cycle around to English or does it keep going through 40 more languages? If the former, how does it know?

• Reply 65 of 67
    jamesjrjamesjr Posts: 4member
    If you're an iPhone convert looking to get your iCloud data on your new BlackBerry z10 or q10 not to worry.

Adding your iCloud email, calendar and contacts to your new BlackBerry 10 phone is simple and we'll walk you through it.

It doesn't take much more effort than entering any other accounts, you just need a bit of extra info to get it all sorted.

This setup will allow you to send and receive iCloud email as well as sync up your contacts and calendar with your BlackBerry 10 device. Keep reading to get it done!

First we'll try the "easy" method. If this doesn't work for you, we'll break it down in detail below so you can still get your accounts set up.

Go to Settings > Accounts
    Tap Add Account on the bottom
    Enter your iCloud.com account login credentials and tap Next. Your contacts calander and push email info will be pulled in and you'll be good to go. Use @icloud.com not @me.con and simple as that
  • Reply 66 of 67
    jamesjrjamesjr Posts: 4member
    Just tryed it on my friends z10 and all his icloud info went right on his phone contacts calender and email so it works good cant wait to put my SIM card in a q10 and get rid of iphone 5 tmobile is getting them last week. In ay not much longer to go glad the icloud works a discount need to switch to anew cloud for my email contacts and calender
  • Reply 67 of 67
    Uh… no. Not at all. It's called leaving it alone. And you don't even have to do that to get to the appropriate modifier keys if you just want a snippet.

SO PRESSING TWO KEYS IS NOW MAGICALLY EASIER THAN PRESSING ONE, HUH?! :no:

Yeah, Apple's hotkey is a pretty convenient thing, huh? Tell me, if you go past Italian, what happens? Does it cycle around to English or does it keep going through 40 more languages? If the former, how does it know?

Wow, you really are Mr. Grumpy. First the keyboard is a learning keyboard, all languages that you have selected are always active. If I type, Ihr ein mürrischer Mensch, the second I type, Ihr it understands that I'm in German and will change the spell checker accordingly, even auto correct. Works quite well and very fast.