Samsung celebrity tweets out support for Galaxy S4 from his iPhone

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 100
    The saddest part is that the public, myself included, pay attention to what a celebrity thinks about something that is clearly outside of their area of expertise. In these matters, the opinion of these celebrities should carry no more weight than the average ordinary individual. Why do we make this mistake?
  • Reply 82 of 100
    elmoofoelmoofo Posts: 100member
    "Samsung has spend big money"

Nice.
  • Reply 83 of 100
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Why do we make this mistake?

The majority is sheep. The majority doesn't want to make their own decisions. Pass the responsibility off onto others and life is "easier".

That needs to change.

• Reply 84 of 100
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    its newsworthy because it shows how low samsung has sunk to get credible fans..
  • Reply 85 of 100
    gonevwgonevw Posts: 45member
    Is it that hard for Samsung to find an athlete that really likes their products and already uses them to throw money at?
  • Reply 86 of 100
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

Well, as a long-time iPhone owner, looking at a friend's Samsung 4 last week (which he retrieved effortlessly from his pocket) reviewing some photographs, I found myself feeling quite envious of the screen size and quality of the pictures was jaw-dropping.

Just sayin'!![/QUOTE]

the camera on the galaxy s4 is garbage. it works fine in the day time, but in low light it is absolutely worthless. it also has trouble with moving objects. when there is a lot of action going on in a shot the camera gets confused on what to focus on. it will focus on the ground or some random object in the background that isn't moving and makes everything else disgustingly blurry.

say you want to take a picture of a fountain, or a bunch of runners crossing a finish line, or a picture of basketball player going for a layup with some defenders running around... well, you can't! you just get 13 megapixel block of blur.

the best phone cameras sit inside the HTC One and in the iPhone 5.
  • Reply 87 of 100
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    solomonshv wrote: »
    the best phone cameras sit inside the HTC One and in the iPhone 5.

What about Nokia's offerings?
  • Reply 88 of 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

What about Nokia's offerings?

oh right! can't believe i left that one out. the camera on the 920 is pretty good too. it works wonders in low light, and there are plenty of reviews online supporting this. i haven't had much hands on experience with it, but i was impressed at how it handled the shots i took with it.

i probably forgot about it because i didn't spend much time with it. but thanks for pointing it out.

as for the nokia 808, i can't imagine it being a popular phone. unlike the iphone and galaxy devices, it is a camera first and the phone part is an after thought. so i don't think it is a fair comparison

• Reply 89 of 100
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    This happens so often it almost seems like a meme.

I'm wondering. Much as I follow top sport, sportmen on that level do show professionalism towards their sponsors.

I'd expect that this is more due to his PR team - I really don't think people like he spend too much time tweeting personally.
  • Reply 90 of 100
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldernorm View Post

This article did not mention that samsung is in court after being found out to have paid many bloggers to post negative comments about its competition.

Got a source for that?

It sounds like it might be an exaggeration of a story from Taiwan, where trade officials, not the courts, are investigating Samsung for paying some students to post phoney "reviews" on a web site.

That story made it to BBC's site, but it's pretty lean on details -- nothing about which web site they were posting reviews on ("a local web site") or how Samsung recruited them. Either there's more to the story or it's rather poor journalism.

Anyway, if true it's bad, but there's still a big difference between phoney reviews on one local site and "many bloggers."

• Reply 91 of 100
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Got a source for that?

It sounds like it might be an exaggeration of a story from Taiwan, where trade officials, not the courts, are investigating Samsung for paying some students to post phoney "reviews" on a web site.

That story made it to BBC's site, but it's pretty lean on details -- nothing about which web site they were posting reviews on ("a local web site") or how Samsung recruited them. Either there's more to the story or it's rather poor journalism.

Anyway, if true it's bad, but there's still a big difference between phoney reviews on one local site and "many bloggers."

Hey do you think Samsung pays for damage control, posters using reasonable sounding arguments in attempt to defuse any possible bad publicity?

Maybe Samsung doesn't realise that under western law an apology equals an admission of liability and guilt.

It makes one wonder who else Samsung is paying off.

• Reply 92 of 100
    cherrypopcherrypop Posts: 86member

Nice. I want Ferrer or Keys's endorsement job. Or at least the job of babysitting these clowns after they get paid by Samsung.

The best part of all of this is that guys like @hblodget at @businessinsider will spin this against Apple thusly:

"Apple iPhone Users Are Liars, more gloom for Apple"

"iPhone Used to Spoof Ferrer's GS4, doom for Apple"

They're better a this than I am, but you get the idea. That's why Bezos/Amazon invested that $50m in Business Insider and not my AppleInsider account.

• Reply 93 of 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Hey do you think Samsung pays for damage control, posters using reasonable sounding arguments in attempt to defuse any possible bad publicity?

Maybe Samsung doesn't realise that under western law an apology equals an admission of liability and guilt.

It makes one wonder who else Samsung is paying off.

I was absolutely NOT defending Samsung. Samsung obviously did a bad thing. That wasn't my point.

I WAS pointing out that it appears the story is becoming exaggerated through retelling, and that the reporting of it is either flawed or suspect.

If one is going to accuse another, one should have their facts straight. Trying to get at what really happened isn't the same as deflecting blame. If it was Apple being accused of wrongdoing we would expect that the facts of the matter be described accurately and with relevant details. Glossing over important aspects just because the accused is unpopular undermines the accusation. Careful scrutiny will do more to indict a liar than exaggeration and obfuscation.

• Reply 94 of 100
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    C'mon, everyone knows Androiders can program the "sent from" tag line. It's the benefits of "open". /s
  • Reply 95 of 100
    eldernormeldernorm Posts: 232member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post

I expect the air waves will soon be bombarded with ads suggesting the iPhone is dated and only for total squares like my grandmother.

Actually, I am seeing a large number of posters on different sites posting how Apple sucks, iPhone is only for fanbois,  bla, bla, bla.  It is usually almost one sentence long, its always negative of Apple, and almost always has no proof or specifics.  

In other words its samsung spamming efforts. Many times the english is slightly off so you can understand it but it is off. 

Just saying ,,,,, $ 400,000,000 goes a long way, especially if you are spamming from China. LOL

And to those wanting a source,  It was from some news source.  It indicated that a trial was a possible outcome vs samsung paying bloggers.   There will not be any official proof unless there is a court case. 

But just check out yahoo financial articles.    The anti-Apple fans are there in force and MANY comments are so trolling its not funny. 

• Reply 96 of 100
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

I was absolutely NOT defending Samsung. Samsung obviously did a bad thing. That wasn't my point.

I WAS pointing out that it appears the story is becoming exaggerated through retelling, and that the reporting of it is either flawed or suspect.

If one is going to accuse another, one should have their facts straight. Trying to get at what really happened isn't the same as deflecting blame. If it was Apple being accused of wrongdoing we would expect that the facts of the matter be described accurately and with relevant details. Glossing over important aspects just because the accused is unpopular undermines the accusation. Careful scrutiny will do more to indict a liar than exaggeration and obfuscation.

I asked a question seeking an opinion.

Samsung's efforts seem to be so widespread, of course one of the side effects will be cynicism among those they are targeting.

These shambolic marketers are creating a constant stream of background noise making it difficult to know what is real and what is a paid endorsement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldernorm View Post

Actually, I am seeing a large number of posters on different sites posting how Apple sucks, iPhone is only for fanbois,  bla, bla, bla.  It is usually almost one sentence long, its always negative of Apple, and almost always has no proof or specifics.  

In other words its samsung spamming efforts. Many times the english is slightly off so you can understand it but it is off. 

Just saying ,,,,, $ 400,000,000 goes a long way, especially if you are spamming from China. LOL

And to those wanting a source,  It was from some news source.  It indicated that a trial was a possible outcome vs samsung paying bloggers.   There will not be any official proof unless there is a court case. 

But just check out yahoo financial articles.    The anti-Apple fans are there in force and MANY comments are so trolling its not funny. 

The marketing firm representing Samsung owned up and apologised, in other words they publicly announced their guilt.

These "marketing" posts will often adopt similar themes they are seeded in the hopes that others will pick them up and start using them.

• Reply 97 of 100
    websnapwebsnap Posts: 224member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Yeah, but they stole that idea from Doctor Who.

Or Green Lantern, as that is where a member of the corp keeps his lantern for easy retrieval to recharge. 

• Reply 98 of 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Sorry, I thought you were suggesting I might be a Samsung shill.

• Reply 99 of 100
    bigmikebigmike Posts: 266member
    Similar to many dedicated Samsung employees using iPhones.

Keep at it Samsung. You're so premium.
  • Reply 100 of 100
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    hill60 wrote: »

These shambolic marketers are creating a constant stream of background noise making it difficult to know what is real and what is a paid endorsement.

The marketing firm representing Samsung owned up and apologised, in other words they publicly announced their guilt.

These "marketing" posts will often adopt similar themes they are seeded in the hopes that others will pick them up and start using them.

Now Microsoft is pulling something similar, paying posters for XBox One mentions on Youtube.
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/stealth-marketing-microsoft-paying-youtubers-for-xbox-one-mentions/