2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

And why do you care about his possible answer?

Okay, gotta ask, why do you care so much about what AvS cares about?

Why do you care so much about why do I care about AvS cares about?

• Reply 22 of 32
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

"The time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service," Andrew Bocking, executive vice president of Software Product Management and Ecosystem at BlackBerry said in a press release. "BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers. Unfortunately, with so few of them remaining, we were forced to open BBM to iOS and Android users as a last ditch attempt to survive. We're all praying that it works. Please let it work. Pretty please!"

• Reply 23 of 32
    herbapou wrote: »
    I am hoping Apple will get a clue and move iMessage and Facetime cross platform too...

why would apple go cross platform? it's a service dedicated to apple's hardware and os. having iMessage on android is like Nintendo putting Mario games on Xbox and playstation.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Why do you care so much about why do I care about AvS cares about?

Why do you care that I care about why you care about what AvS cares about?

• Reply 25 of 32
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

As a person who loves Apple products and iMessage, I'd love to see Apple release an Android client for iMessage. I'd benefit.

Me too.

I'd also REALLY like them to get the OS X Messages app working. I despise typing on the tiny little iPhone keyboard and really prefer to use Messages when I'm at the computer, but I can't count on it to reliably receive or deliver messages, or even keep the ones it actually sends and receivers in the correct order.

• Reply 26 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaudiusMaximus View Post

why would apple go cross platform? it's a service dedicated to apple's hardware and os. having iMessage on android is like Nintendo putting Mario games on Xbox and playstation.

If Mario was multi-player online, would you prefer a version that only plays against other Nintendo owners or one that could include anyone in the game, regardless of which console they use?

• Reply 27 of 32
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    v5v wrote: »
    I'd also REALLY like them to get the OS X Messages app working. I despise typing on the tiny little iPhone keyboard and really prefer to use Messages when I'm at the computer, but I can't count on it to reliably receive or deliver messages, or even keep the ones it actually sends and receivers in the correct order.

I had that problem at the beginning but now 'it just works' Maybe they've worked out the kinks at my end; hope they will for you too.
  • Reply 28 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I had that problem at the beginning but now 'it just works' Maybe they've worked out the kinks at my end; hope they will for you too.

As recently as yesterday it was confusing senders, skipping both sent and received messages, failing to sync conversations with the phone, and on the few exchanges it managed to track between devices, listed all of the other person's messages first followed by all of mine, rather than in the order they were sent.

Frustrating, but I remain hopeful, especially now that you've told me it's now working for you.

• Reply 29 of 32
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

As recently as yesterday it was confusing senders, skipping both sent and received messages, failing to sync conversations with the phone, and on the few exchanges it managed to track between devices, listed all of the other person's messages first followed by all of mine, rather than in the order they were sent.

Frustrating, but I remain hopeful, especially now that you've told me it's now working for you.

I've had that happen to me on several occasions.  Sometimes it happens to messages I received and read hours ago.  Usually it will go back and "fix itself" after some time passes.  I always wonder if Apple isn't performing some kind of update whenever this occurs.  At least that's what I'd like to believe...

• Reply 30 of 32

*sometimes* a disable, re-enable of (a specific) iCloud service works for these kinks. Because I don't know in advance if it'll work I also reboot the device, closing all apps beforehand. Might want to try that, but at the same time don't take advice from someone posting on the internet (tongue-in-cheek humor, but has its validity)
  • Reply 31 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

*sometimes* a disable, re-enable of (a specific) iCloud service works for these kinks. Because I don't know in advance if it'll work I also reboot the device, closing all apps beforehand. Might want to try that, but at the same time don't take advice from someone posting on the internet (tongue-in-cheek humor, but has its validity)

If I gotta reboot the devices and restart the apps involved every time I want to use it, I'm just gonna stop wanting to use it. The point of the exercise is convenience, so if it doesn't offer that there's no reason left to bother.

Thanks for the tip though!

• Reply 32 of 32
    If I gotta reboot the devices and restart the apps involved every time I want to use it, I'm just gonna stop wanting to use it. The point of the exercise is convenience, so if it doesn't offer that there's no reason left to bother.

Thanks for the tip though!

The reboot is a one time only thing, and possibly not even necessary. Try it without, maybe it'll work.