Auction winner pays $610K for cuppa with Apple CEO Tim Cook

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    ascii wrote: »
    I predict that they won't actually pay. The winner's name was a********s which is the right number of letters for "applesucks" and I'm sorry but even someone who could easily afford it just wouldn't pay so much for that prize. No one would.

Maybe he's going for something similar to the whole 'Primus Sucks' thing.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    halhikerhalhiker Posts: 111member
    He should ask Tim to make a phone that won't break with the slighted drop.

I'm a customer with 5 phones, six macs, numerous Apple accessories and I'm ready to jump ship to Android because I'm sick of busted screens and unreasonable replacement fees.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    And also a Mac that won't break at the slightest drop?
  • Reply 24 of 45
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    If he was still alive Steve would have been $2 M, but he still was the CEO of this company, Steve Jobs was one of the most innovator ice people of recent history.

If Steve was still alive this is unlikely to have happened anymore than Steve starting an endowment etc. Buddhists don't believe in public charity. To them it is an act that is more about the praise and attention and not the charity and is thus tainted and wrong focused.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    charlituna wrote: »
    If Steve was still alive this is unlikely to have happened anymore than Steve starting an endowment etc. Buddhists don't believe in public charity. To them it is an act that is more about the praise and attention and not the charity and is thus tainted and wrong focused.

Christians are supposed to be the same way.
  • Reply 26 of 45

Samsung won the bid! They are going to sneak in a robot clone of Tim Cook (saying android would be too easy) to replace him. In six months time, all iPhones will be sold with Android as the default operating system. Apple goes into the tank. Samsung wins!

• Reply 27 of 45
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

I'm a customer with 5 phones, six macs, numerous Apple accessories and I'm ready to jump ship to Android because I'm sick of busted screens and unreasonable replacement fees.

Maybe take care of your possessions? A car will get dented with the slightest crash. Do you complain to Ford?

Please do jump ship. We could do with fewer idiots.

• Reply 28 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gtr wrote: »
    Rihanna, getting manhandled again.

Somebody needs to slap that girl...

I couldn't think of the guy's name she used to date. Then it hit me.
  • Reply 29 of 45
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    slurpy wrote: »
    Would anyone, for example, pay anywhere near that to meet the CEO of any other massive company?

Yahoo's CEO probably. As long as she doesn't laugh.
    name wrote:
    The winner's name was a********s which is the right number of letters for "applesucks"

Isn't the winner's name anonymous? Judging by the fact the proceeds went to the RFK Center, maybe the bidder was Tim. He probably doesn't get much time to himself these days. It could even be Forstall wanting his old job back.

As long as it's not someone like Katy Huberty who wants to go round blabbing about some made up rubbish she wasn't told about.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    halhiker wrote: »

Nope.

iPhone screens break, but not with a slighted (sic) drop. I've broken iPhone screens. They broke on pretty severe falls. 4ft onto rocky or concrete surfaces.

I'm a customer with 5 phones, six macs, numerous Apple accessories

And what reason is there to believe this list? For all we know, you're a guy just typing things onto the internet.

and I'm ready to jump ship to Android because I'm sick of busted screens and unreasonable replacement fees.

Assuming this is true, go check out the Android maker's replacement fees before you leap. They're often as high or higher.
  • Reply 31 of 45
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    jeffdm wrote: »
    Assuming this is true, go check out the Android maker's replacement fees before you leap. They're as high or higher.

And he's in California so he can get the AC+ for $100. Speaking of, I finally busted an iPhone display after 6 years so I'll need to pay $50 to get mine replaced.
  • Reply 32 of 45
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Congrats to Sam Sung.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    bigmikebigmike Posts: 266member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

If he was still alive Steve would have been $2 M, but he still was the CEO of this company, Steve Jobs was one of the most innovator ice people of recent history.

"most innovator ice people" ???

• Reply 34 of 45
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

If he were still alive, he wouldn't do it! Steve stopped all official Apple philanthropic work remember? 

Edit: charlituna said the same thing.

• Reply 35 of 45
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Isn't the winner's name anonymous?

Oh yes, that's probably a more likely version :)

• Reply 36 of 45
    darryn lowedarryn lowe Posts: 250member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

No, in the US, we use the term "a cup of".  

Ahhh but who invented the language. Clue, it was a helluva lot earlier than America existed as a colony. ;-)

• Reply 37 of 45
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I couldn't think of the guy's name she used to date. Then it hit me.

You know, we really shouldn't give the guy such a hard time. He used to suffer from depression.

Until he beat it...

• Reply 38 of 45
    darryn lowedarryn lowe Posts: 250member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Not Cuppa Field but,

Cuppa Feel, big difference.

That would actually be coppa feel

• Reply 39 of 45
    That would actually be coppa feel

Look at the picture again. If that isn't cupping I don't know what is.
  • Reply 40 of 45
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*poof*

This also has another meaning in England...

But I don't think it applies to David Copperfield.