Google to reportedly debut paid streaming music service at Google I/O

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    poksi wrote: »
    Exactly! I do agree that with people claiming that product positioning was somehow misguided in last few months, but I have no doubt that Apple will release right products, not a plastic substitutes. Apple is just not that kind of company.
    I'd still like to know who thought it was a good idea to go 7-8 months with no product announcement. And I'm not talking about brand new categories or revolutionary devices. But just something to keep Apple in the news in a good way. Stock was down $11 yesterday and is down another $11 today, while Google is at record highs. Because we've gone so long without any product update (and yes someone charted out that by the time we get to WWDC it will be the longest gap in product announcements since Steve's return to Apple) the expectations are going to be massive. I don't know what Cook has up his sleeve but I'm afraid an iPad in a mini casing and iPhone 5 with better camera and faster processor won't cut it. Of course Apple could blow us all away with some stuff nobody expected but what are the chances of that?
  • Reply 22 of 32
    jdnc123 wrote: »
    Right, because if a management team is incompetent, the owners of the company should just sell and not discuss their displeasure.  

What is Google creating?  Value for its shareholders for one, something Apple and Tim Cook are incapable of doing.

Apple hasn't created any value for its shareholders? Ok now we know this is just bad trolling.

Oh and what is Google right now? A big bubble, like one could say Apple was at $700. Apple's bubble burst and its very likely the same will happen to Google too. In fact I think the whole market is one big bubble waiting to pop. Every day now It seems the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P are at record highs. And the anchors on CNET are all giddy over record this, record that. But what fundamentals is it based on? Low interest rates and the Fed as a printing machine? It won't last. Guaranteed.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    jdnc123jdnc123 Posts: 233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple hasn't created any value for its shareholders? Ok now we know this is just bad trolling.

Oh and what is Google right now? A big bubble, like one could say Apple was at $700. Apple's bubble burst and its very likely the same will happen to Google too. In fact I think the whole market is one big bubble waiting to pop. Every day now It seems the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P are at record highs. And the anchors on CNET are all giddy over record this, record that. But what fundamentals is it based on? Low interest rates and the Fed as a printing machine? It won't last. Guaranteed.

>>Apple hasn't created any value for its shareholders? Ok now we know this is just bad trolling.>>

Fact.  The value of Apple has dropped under Tim Cook.  Period.  

So ask yourself, why isn't Apple participating in the low interest rate bubble you see?  How can Apple stock get demolished in a rising market fueled by cheap money if it isn't management/execution/lack of innovation/lack of new products?  Why are Samsung and Google at all-time highs while Apple drops?  How can Google and Samsung continue to extract enough value from the mobile markets to grow earnings, while consensus now has Apple earnings dropping 10-15% this year in a secular growth market?

Edit:  Apple worth $258 billion now vs Google at $254 billion, we may see Google surpass the value of Apple today.....after Apple had a lead of 200+ billion just 6-9 months ago.  Historic, epic collapse in confidence in a company.

• Reply 24 of 32

Quote:

I'd still like to know who thought it was a good idea to go 7-8 months with no product announcement. And I'm not talking about brand new categories or revolutionary devices. But just something to keep Apple in the news in a good way. Stock was down $11 yesterday and is down another $11 today, while Google is at record highs. Because we've gone so long without any product update (and yes someone charted out that by the time we get to WWDC it will be the longest gap in product announcements since Steve's return to Apple) the expectations are going to be massive. I don't know what Cook has up his sleeve but I'm afraid an iPad in a mini casing and iPhone 5 with better camera and faster processor won't cut it. Of course Apple could blow us all away with some stuff nobody expected but what are the chances of that?

Haven't you seen, they are coming out with multi-colored iPhones!

• Reply 25 of 32
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    I'd like to point out that Google's I/O picture is THE ugliest slogan picture I have ever seen for a conference.
  • Reply 26 of 32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

>>Apple hasn't created any value for its shareholders? Ok now we know this is just bad trolling.>>

Fact.  The value of Apple has dropped under Tim Cook.  Period.  

So ask yourself, why isn't Apple participating in the low interest rate bubble you see?  How can Apple stock get demolished in a rising market fueled by cheap money if it isn't management/execution/lack of innovation/lack of new products?  Why are Samsung and Google at all-time highs while Apple drops?  How can Google and Samsung continue to extract enough value from the mobile markets to grow earnings, while consensus now has Apple earnings dropping 10-15% this year in a secular growth market?

Edit:  Apple worth $258 billion now vs Google at $254 billion, we may see Google surpass the value of Apple today.....after Apple had a lead of 200+ billion just 6-9 months ago.  Historic, epic collapse in confidence in a company.

Share price of Apple is higher today than it was when Cook took over as CEO.  Market cap as reported on every site on the planet shows Apple as #1 trading places with Exxon now and then.

• Reply 27 of 32

Quote:

Haven't you seen, they are coming out with multi-colored iPhones!

no actually we haven't seen.  But i'm sure if they came out with cheaper colored iphones for China the stock would go up and you'd be happy. image

• Reply 28 of 32

Quote:

Share price of Apple is higher today than it was when Cook took over as CEO.  Market cap as reported on every site on the planet shows Apple as #1 trading places with Exxon now and then.

Market cap, without discussing debt and cash is virtually meaningless as it relates to the value of a company.  Value of Apple - the business - has dropped under Tim Cook.  Fact.

• Reply 29 of 32

Quote:

no actually we haven't seen.  But i'm sure if they came out with cheaper colored iphones for China the stock would go up and you'd be happy. image

I'd be happy with any product, any sign they don't have their heads up their arsses in Cupertino.

• Reply 30 of 32

I keep hearing about how Apple is going to create, or rather needs to create an iRadio. My question is why should they? Perhaps carry over the radio portion of the desktop iTunes onto the iOS platform. However I think Apple is benefiting from the competition that currently exists in the app store. After reading about today's Google music news, I took the opportunity to explore the various iOS apps currently available. I used to just use Pandora for streaming. However there are many great offerings. I had used Spotify in the past, and did not care for it. There is Rdio and Rhapsody to stream music, both seemed fine though I did not give more then a short exploration of their respective apps. I am sure there are others. I did discover TuneIn Radio today, and found this very good, and deleted the seldom used Spotify off the iPad I take to work.  Pandora recently went to limiting the duration of streaming, so I plan to run TuneIn Radio in the background.  Beneficial for Apple is that many of these applications have a direct lead for the playing song to iTunes. I am sure there is a profit sharing plan between Apple and the app maker. Rdio did not have such a lead, but I was able to stream Rdio and open both Shazam and SoundHound and they identified the song, which then had a lead into iTunes. It would be wise for Apple to place song identifying technology into iTunes, or ever Siri. Despite all these options, I still like to own the music I cherish the most. Yes, there are places on this earth where there is no access to the internet. It is at such places that I like to have the music I cherish. I hope that Apple goes to a TuneIn Radio platform, and let Google pay royalties to Sony. 

• Reply 31 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I'd be happy with any product, any sign they don't have their heads up their arsses in Cupertino.

If you'd take your head out of yours and look around, you'd see plenty.

• Reply 32 of 32
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

Quote:

As I said myself, product placement was not at its best recently. I would say even bad considering previous pace. However, tell me, what has Google announced in the same period? Zero? Nada? Still, how it is possible that GOOG still soars?

Well, you would have to ask about that bastards that run the show....