Apple's 'iWatch' to come in late 2014 with focus on biometrics, analyst says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35

Breaking News 1 Jan 2014-  Anal-yeast Ming-Chi Kuo predictions for 2013 were all wrong and the firm fired that anal itch.

• Reply 22 of 35
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member

To make me more excited about this product I want something more than pedometer functions and heart rate monitoring.  I want a watch my wife could wear that will tell me when it is a good time to try to get pregnant.  I want the watch to measure my temperature and hydration levels to tell me that I should drink some water.  If it could scan through the layers of skin and check on my sodium and sugar levels too then that would be icing on the cake.  A built-in breathalyzer for me to check if I'm legal to drive after having a couple of beers would be the cherry on top.  

Anyway, this device should be something completely different from the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.  Such a device would not be good for playing traditional App Store games.  

• Reply 23 of 35
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    bdkennedy1 wrote: »
    If it's 1 1/2 years away Apple may as well forget it. Samsung is going to have these things to market way before then.

Haha. Sammy waiting for something to steal.
    Breaking News 1 Jan 2014-  Anal-yeast Ming-Chi Kuo predictions for 2013 were all wrong and the firm fired that anal itch.

Analysts don't get fired. He can always say these new products were delayed by Apple.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Analysts don't get fired. He can always say these new products were delayed by Apple.

"No, I didn't forget to pay you. Your paycheck was just delayed."

• Reply 25 of 35
    ravipperavippe Posts: 4member
    Wasnt it announced by apple to look out for exciting products 2013 and early 2014. This guy also said ipad gonna be out in april. He is an ass.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    Breaking News 1 Jan 2014-  Anal-yeast Ming-Chi Kuo predictions for 2013 were all wrong and the firm fired that anal itch.......................
    .........where he continued his career as an Anal-Cyst........ 8-)
  • Reply 27 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

What'll you do if he's right?
  • Reply 28 of 35
    mactel wrote: »
    To make me more excited about this product I want something more than <span style="color:rgb(24,24,24);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18px;">pedometer functions and heart rate monitoring.  I want a watch my wife could wear that will tell me when it is a good time to try to get pregnant.  I want the watch to measure my temperature and hydration levels to tell me that I should drink some water.  If it could scan through the layers of skin and check on my sodium and sugar levels too then that would be icing on the cake.  A built-in </span>
    <span style="letter-spacing:0px;color:rgb(24,24,24);font-family:Arial;line-height:normal;">breathalyzer for me to check if I'm legal to drive after having a couple of beers would be the cherry on top.  </span>

<span style="letter-spacing:0px;color:rgb(24,24,24);font-family:Arial;line-height:normal;">Anyway, this device should be something completely different from the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.  Such a d</span>
    <span style="letter-spacing:0px;color:rgb(24,24,24);line-height:18px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">evice would not be good for playing traditional App Store games.  </span></span>

Running wouldn't be an obvious application. Good look getting those other wishes.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    ravippe wrote: »
    Wasnt it announced by apple to look out for exciting products 2013 and early 2014. This guy also said ipad gonna be out in april. He is an ass.

Did he? OMG. Anyone could have predicted that wouldn't happen. His wife probably owns stock.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

That's fine, the current "watches" aren't that great so there's no rush to get to market. Just keep relentlessly improving the iPad.

• Reply 31 of 35
    Remember when Nintendo was going to release a dongle for the Wii that dealt with Biometrics... where is that? The focus for this iWatch won't be biometrics.

This is noise. Ignore and Carry On.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"We are positive on the iWatch because its wearable design is helpful for offering more secure user identification and biometrics functionality."

This bit is interesting.  Maybe the iBracelet will have the fingerprint sensor tech that Apple acquired.

• Reply 33 of 35
    I love the thought of a biometric watch that monitors your health. That would be a real selling point. I can see how it would be pretty straightforward to monitor your pulse and therefore heartbeat - useful.

But can anyone explain what other measurements can be taken from something attached to your wrist? Electrical conductivity? Anyone?
  • Reply 34 of 35
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What'll you do if he's right?

Kind of obvious right? He'll buy the watch!

• Reply 35 of 35
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

What do people think, we're going to carry a box around in our pockets forever? This might not be the iWatch but the iPhone 7, with the iPhone 9 being a tiny thing you clip behind your ear.