Apple announces WWDC 2013 keynote for Monday, June 10

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple has officially confirmed that its annual Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off with a keynote presentation on Monday, June 10, where it is expected to showcase iOS 7 and OS X 10.9.

WWDC

WWDC has traditionally started with a keynote to introduce new products, and so Thursday's announcement is no surprise. It is, however, the first official confirmation from Apple that the event will take place.

The presentation will be held at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif., Apple confirmed to AllThingsD on Thursday. As is par for the course, Apple did not say what topics would be discussed during the presentation, or even who would be presenting.

But in a rare move, the company has already revealed that it will show off the next major releases of both iOS and OS X at WWDC 2013. Upgraded MacBooks featuring Intel's new Haswell processors are also expected to be introduced at the event.

This year's WWDC will take place June 10 through 14 in San Francisco. The conference's technical sessions will be given by more than 1,000 Apple engineers to the developers who attend.

Tickets to WWDC 2013 sold out in a matter of seconds when they went on sale in April, making it the fastest sellout in the conference's history. For developers who can't attend, Apple's technical sessions will also be made available to stream online.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    Excited!
  • Reply 2 of 40
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Please can we now have all the Mac Pro leaks, rumors and guesses? I am so sick of politics, taxes and yes even maps. :D
  • Reply 3 of 40
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Squeeel!!!

• Reply 4 of 40
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Please can we now have all the Mac Pro leaks, rumors and guesses? I am so sick of politics, taxes and yes even maps.

I'm extremely proud of Tim Cook and co. to have come through on their promise when everyone thought it was a joke. We've suffered these last few months, but it's a suffering that bodes well for Apple. Shows that they can still accomplish something flawlessly when they've set their minds to it.

• Reply 5 of 40
    Great! ????????
  • Reply 6 of 40
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Can't wait to start testing out 10.9 after the WWDC completes. That is usually when we get our ASD invites. 

• Reply 7 of 40
    Looking forward to getting 10.9.2. Any word on the name of this cat?
  • Reply 8 of 40
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. For kicks, who do you guys think will fill Forstall's shoes during the presentation of iOS 7? Can't see Ive doing it, maybe Federighi? I'm thinking so
  • Reply 9 of 40
    I can't waiting coming soon out for apple iOS 7 the WWDC everything is product more things on June soon yay I'm so excited yes. I support Apple are Rocks the future!
  • Reply 10 of 40
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,485member
    Wasn't there another conference on last week? It seems like so long ago - I can't even remember any significant announcements.

WWDC will again result in the usual yearly spike in Internet traffic as the haters come out in droves to try and knock anything Apple announces. Google could only dream of getting that kind of interest around I/O.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Looking forward to getting 10.9.2. Any word on the name of this cat?

Kitty. ;-)
  • Reply 12 of 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Google could only dream of getting that kind of interest around I/O.

What's I/O?

• Reply 13 of 40
    zoffdinozoffdino Posts: 192member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

For kicks, who do you guys think will fill Forstall's shoes during the presentation of iOS 7?

Phil Schiller. He also did stood in for Forstall at the 2012 introduction of the iPad Mini.

• Reply 14 of 40

IOS7 = very exciting

• Reply 15 of 40
    zoffdino wrote: »
    Phil Schiller. He also did stood in for Forstall at the 2012 introduction of the iPad Mini.

True. Schiller is a horrible presenter, fwiw. So is Federighi though. My opinions :D
  • Reply 16 of 40
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoffdino View Post

True. Schiller is a horrible presenter, fwiw. So is Federighi though. My opinions image

Schiller has gotten better though.

• Reply 17 of 40
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    isaidso wrote: »
    Schiller has gotten better though.
    Practice makes perfect.

Speaking of which, Jobs was natural born in this respect. He could get up on stage and sell PPC like there was nothing better in the world even knowing it was a dead end technology.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    IOS7 = very exciting

Don't get to excited this is likely to be more about a host of little things not just iOS. Not that iOS will be ignored just that they have a lot to debut and only a fixed amount of time to get it presented. As such expect the new Mac Pro and Mac OS to take up some of that time along with new iPhone hardware technology.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Looking forward to my shiney new 5s & 5th generation super fast iPad running on iOS 7
  • Reply 20 of 40
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member

For the love of god, please give us a sneak peak of Logic Pro X!!!!