Samsung teases new Android, Windows devices for June 20 event

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, I will, thank you very much. Don't you dare try to correct what I will or will not do.

I would love to hear how you plan to stick with the iPhone when you don't have one. Your freebie that you won 6 or 7 years ago that is now a dinosaur and was probably never even activated doesn't count. 

So until you buy and activate an iPhone there is no way for you to stick with it. You are on the outside looking in. I didn't correct what you will or will not do, I corrected you from what you are doing now which is to say you can't stick with an iPhone when you don't own one. 

• Reply 62 of 66
    peschierapeschiera Posts: 38member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinolo View Post

It all happened before. Mac when Microsoft overtook apple in market share for computers. Then apple had the iPod, then the iPhone, then the iPad.

All markets are like this. One company invents or creates a mass market and the others flood it with cheap knocks off. It's not about market share. It's about passion, craft, design, integration and ease of use. I own a mac. How many iPhone users do? Very little.

OSX (and 9 before that) have been around for ages. Macs have always been special, regardless of the amount sold.

What a pathetic nonsense. Microsoft overtook Apple because Apple OS was crap and years behind the competition at that time. Even a comodore 500 had a Multitasking OS. Actually Apple is selling the same crap in iPhones as they did it in PCs at that time. Then they "copied" Unix. DO not forget Apple did not invent OS X. It is just a nice UI around a perfect OS base.

Quote:

Let Samsung grab the market. They will push it to mediocre average products, with a ton of bells and whistles that make nice on a spec sheet but are of no actual relevance for the average user because they only function with certain apps, are half baked, and rushed to market for the sake of increasing the length of spec sheets. Did intel's CEO regret that his chips are not in Samsung devices or that they are not in apple's?

You have never used Samsungs mobbile devices, didn't you? I have to use both Android and iOS since our Software has to run on both. But what Samsung had put on top of the perfect Andoid OS is amazing. Just use Galaxy S4 before you simply say Samsung produces medicore average products. This is a perfect device with amazing and USEFUL Software features.

Quote:

Did intel's CEO regret that his chips are not in Samsung devices or that they are not in apple's?

And what does this tell us?

Quote:

Everyone is jealous about apple's success. Just as they were about Microsoft (albeit they truly sold crap, they also created excel (for mac only initially, ah the irony)).

Everybody is jealous about the fanatic Apple users just buying the latest device independent of how good or bad it is. Apple, Harley Davidson and Hello Kitty are the 3 brands worldwide with users loving their brand. Psychologists found out that many of them compensate missing social integration by jojnining a community. Yes of course anybody would like to have such sheeps. I'mn not saying that all Apple users are so. But Apple and the other two brands have such buyers. 

Quote:

As long as apple stays sharp focused on making the best of the breed and entering innovating markets I don't worry the least. If I was American I would worry that Samsung is Korean... But I am swiss and so I worry apple entering the watch market :-)

I cherish a company that doesn't constantly ask "how much have we sold" "which remote market niche can we tap to sell a couple more products?".

But Apple is exactly the company which started to announce each quarter by quarter how many devices they sold.

As a Swiss you should really worry since you can be sure Apple will start patent everything Basic that already exists. After a while they will even sue Swiss watch makers.

Quote:

Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Apple competes with Microsoft in computers, with google and Samsung in smartphones, with no one (slowly google and Samsung) in tablets...

So many competitors... Yet it still does well.

Just for your Information: all other companies compete with much more competitors than Apple does. Do not make a hero of Apple.

Quote:

So yep, Samsung will be the leader in mass market share. And probably profits (in the very long run though).

The incredible thing about Samsung is that they also sell nearly as much high end priced devices as Apple plus the rest. And do not Forget that iPhone are exactly mass market devices.

Quote:

But apple, if they manage to keep it that way, will always be apple. Simple, incredibly well crafted and... Empowering.

Again, pathetic non-sense. Actually exactly those Kind of users that love their device.

Quote:

I spend more time doing stuff on my mac than maintaining it, same goes for the iPhone and iPad.

Sorry, I do the same with my Windows Notebook and Samsung Galaxy S4. But I don't love my devices.

Quote:

Let the android crew end up like Internet Explorer. 10 year old version of the software because people are too lazy to update, don't have a clue or corporate restrictions prevent it. A platform so fragmented that google will have to release security patches for critical vulnerabilities 10 years from no (I'm looking at you windows XP)...

This is actually the strength of Microsoft and co: providing Business critical solutions. It is not easy to provide customers upgrades for 10 years old systems. And I'm thankful to Microsoft providing such a service. It is not a disadvantage if big organisations can rely on a provider such Microsoft. It is simply a big issue and a matter of cost to upgrade a big organisations' IT infrastructure each year. Apple picks up the most attractive user Groups. Peaple like you that are willing to invest year by year into new Apple products. But real Business world is more complex and it should be appreciated if companies provide Solutions for that area.

Quote:

No, thanks. I always bought apple products, not shares. And the money I spared on maintenance, service interruptions is so great that I'm happy. And they have what? 20% market share? It's ok. It truly is.

It is good for you if you are happy with your small requirements. I wanted to have on premises Service for our companies iMac which we Need for Software tests. It was not possible to get it. When our iMac get damaged we had to wait about 10 days before it was repaired.

But HP offers for all HP Notebooks an on premise Service and if a Notebook has an issue it is repaired within 24 hours in our ofiice. This is real Service which is valuable. But not the Service from  Apple which is focused on home entertainment. But of course if you feel to be different on personal Level just because you have an Apple device, this is something HPs and Samsungs cannot provide. Sorry for that.

• Reply 63 of 66
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    Samsung has released its new phones/tablets monthly. Will they ever learn that if they are coping apple they should release once a year like apple! This is how Samsung with there mini versions of phones(apple never [B]accendetly[/B] releases product info)
  • Reply 64 of 66
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

*Yawn*

I like Samsu.. I mean.. APPLE Insider but this is getting silly.

Yes I know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's sometimes interesting to know where the main competition to Apple is going.

But this.. is.. dullsville. "Too much of a good thing". So...

Dear AI,

More Apple, less Samsung please. It's starting to feel like when Sarah Palin was in the news every frickin' day… all hot air and little substance, and her "buzz" was mostly because the 'news' was just talking about her incessantly, not because she actually warranted any of the attention.

I don't give Samsung nearly as much 'momentum' credit as AI is….. seriously. Enough already.

• Reply 65 of 66
    tribalogicaltribalogical Posts: 1,182member

OK, I'm just going to say it.

It's almost starting to feel like Samsung might be paying AI "PR Dollars" for this constant stream of "news" articles…

I've seen this before. Please tell me you guys haven't become that mercenary.

• Reply 66 of 66
    Rivalries are just fun, and part of the fun is paying attention to the progress of the opposing team.