Cook: Apple sold over 6M Apple TVs in 2012, 13M since launch

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I played Arrested Development S04 on Sunday and had to disable subtitles from the Apple TV settings to turn them off. I think I saw method within the Netflix app but I'm not certain. I'm not sure how these differ from CC. I can check later if you'd like.

I did think to myself "what an annoying umber of steps to access is setting."

I prefer the Netflix CC over how the TV does it. It's less intrusive.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I did think to myself "what an annoying umber of steps to access is setting."

Where I work the sets all have a single button for CC on or off. Doing the same thing with ATV is... somewhat less convenient. My wife and I were watching some iTunes content on the ATC the other night and wanted to turn on captioning for a second because one of the characters mumbled a line and we wanted to know what he said. We were blown away by what a hassle it is.

There are apparently some drawbacks to the two-button remote approach! :)

• Reply 63 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    v5v wrote: »
    We were blown away by what a hassle it is.

A huge pain! A long hold on a button that brings up several items during playback, which includes a toggle button doesn't seem too intrusive to me.
  • Reply 64 of 68
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    A hug pain! A long hold on a button that brings up several items during playback, which includes a toggle button doesn't seem too intrusive to me.

Don't hold the hug so long and it won't be a pain.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

A huge pain! A long hold on a button that brings up several items during playback, which includes a toggle button doesn't seem too intrusive to me.

Long hold on the what now? We went up and down through layers and layers of menus. Are you saying there's another way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Don't hold the hug so long and it won't be a pain.

LOL! Whoops...

• Reply 66 of 68
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    v5v wrote: »
    Long hold on the what now? We went up and down through layers and layers of menus. Are you saying there's another way?

On one of the available buttons. I don't care what they choose so long as it makes commonly changed settings easier to access.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    herbapou wrote: »
    The thing to watch for at the WWDC is a Apple TV or an Apple TV App store. This could be precursor to a move on the hardware side.
    An Apple TV App Store makes sense to me. One reason to put sales numbers out there would be to motivate the developer community.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Good

Good point herb. It'd be the perfect time to bring it up too. iOS, OSX, and iOS for Apple TV. That'd be all the software and what a huge bomb to drop. Now I'm more anxious.

omg I made a good point at last. Can I frame this?