Apple's iPhone sales reportedly up 400% in India thanks to aggressive pricing strategies

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    What's the user share of those "just two or three US carriers"?

The OP's comment.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I am wondering if Apple could think of designing a phone that is essentially a large display on all sides that could then project an image of our choosing, along these lines!

That would be cool.  Nokia often showed similar ideas in their concept ideas. 

For example, Nokia's 2006 "Aeon" concept phone that everyone was drooling over before the iPhone came out:

Nokia also had an idea of choosing a skin for the entire phone body in this old concept video from early 2007 (see about 1:05 into it):

And choosing a device wallpaper for their Morph concept which could fold around your wrist (sound familiar?).  See about 3:00 into this video:

• Reply 43 of 54
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, and it was crap before, too.

Or maybe Apple should just keep making high-end smartphones and selling the old ones cheaper.

You will never get it and you try and bully people with your opinions. If you do not know what you are talking about keep quiet and don't look stupid.

• Reply 44 of 54
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

You will never get it…

I get it. But absolutely everything that Apple has ever done says they don't want to do what you want. Your choice is to either keep whining or buy something else.

• Reply 45 of 54

Quote:

Do you expect anyone to agree with this level of stupidity? 

I want an answer to that. Honestly. You cannot possibly think anyone will believe what you're saying here.

wish you would take your own comment and also stop being stupid and bully in forum, but that would be a impossible for you. Mr Skil know all about India...NOT

• Reply 46 of 54

wish you would take your own comment and also stop being stupid and bully in forum, but that would be a impossible for you. Mr Skil know all about India...NOT

Read the above. And maybe combine before posting?

• Reply 47 of 54

Quote:

I get it. But absolutely everything that Apple has ever done says they don't want to do what you want. Your choice is to either keep whining or buy something else.

Who is whining, see what I mean you do not get it. I was providing comments on situation in India, which I live in Mumbai.

Please just stay quiet, it seems you have a bee in your ass, because I know more about India than you. LET IT GO.

• Reply 48 of 54

Quote:

Read the above. And maybe combine before posting?

another wasteful comment, so you know what, I will only comment now on article. Is that what you used to do as moderator, delete posts, If the comments were not directed at the article, but flaming. How times have changed and double standards.

• Reply 49 of 54

I was providing comments on situation in India, which I live in Mumbai.

So you know about India. That's fine. You don't seem to know anything about Apple, though.

another wasteful comment

Yeah, you just keep wasting posts when you could edit your old ones…

• Reply 50 of 54
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

That would really be something

The non-main parts of the display need not be retina...

Apparently, Apple has been working on things like this:

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2013/05/apple-invents-a-wild-new-display-that-could-conceal-a-camera-strobe-flash-andor-fingerprint-scanner-until-needed.html

Or how about this apple patent that actually is for a wrap around display iPhone that was just patented

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2013/03/stunning-future-iphone-with-wraparound-display-revealed.html

• Reply 51 of 54
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Except the iPad mini which you didn't think would ever happen. And the recent cheap iPods. And the multiple lines of macs. Not only are you always wrong no amount of explaining that you are wrong and why you are wrong ever convinces that small bigoted mind.

Are you still waiting for the iPhone 7 this year?
  • Reply 52 of 54
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    souliisoul wrote: »

Who is whining, see what I mean you do not get it. I was providing comments on situation in India, which I live in Mumbai.
    Please just stay quiet, it seems you have a bee in your ass, because I know more about India than you. LET IT GO.

You knowing stuff about India in a thread about India - that's the kind of expertise not wanted here. Instead we need TS who has mispredicted 10 out of the last 10 Apple releases opining his usual shite about how he "knows" Apple.
  • Reply 53 of 54

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Except the iPad mini which you didn't think would ever happen. And the recent cheap iPods. And the multiple lines of macs. Not only are you always wrong no amount of explaining that you are wrong and why you are wrong ever convinces that small bigoted mind.

I'm waiting for your post to have anything to do with what I said, is all.

• Reply 54 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Thanks asdasd, but remember I know nothing about Apple, which I agree, since I do not work for Apple and like everyone else, it is all rumours, speculations and opinions. The facts only come out, when Apple decide to publish the facts or a leak.