1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 145
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winter View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Just as we're about to enter June in the Year of the Chock-Full-Pipeline-With-No-Actual-Products, Apple surprises us by introducing a new version of the iPod that is distinguished by its LACK of a former feature.

WWDC had better be amazing.

Call me a person with low expectations but as long as at least one new Mac model gets updated with Haswell processors, I am good. I would love for them to make a top of the line Mac Pro as promised with the very best of everything though that would be the same expectation as wanting my Raiders to win a Super Bowl in 2013-14.

Hey, some of us are Raider fans AND Laker fans. Just take it easy on us. We can't all afford enough wine to hide the state of disappointment for our teams right now.

I mean if I could afford that much wine and disappointment, I'd be a 49'er fan.

• Reply 142 of 145
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Apparently Mac Pro supplies are constrained so that's a good sign. Also at least the Lakers made the playoffs even if the Spurs did sweep them. The Raiders need to get to a wild card spot.
  • Reply 143 of 145
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    frank777 wrote: »
    The product itself  isn't bad. My comment is focused on the fact that we've been waiting for new products - any new or updated products - for five months, and Apple finally goes and introduces a product update that doesn't actually have any new features.
    It is a product variant designed for a low cost, it really shouldn't have new features. More so the regular time for iPod releases is in the fall, think of this as preparing the battle field. We could see all new iPods in the fall with this guy taking the burden of the low end.

That was sarcasm. I don't believe Apple is crazy enough to introduce all of that at a single event.
    I suspect we will see more than usual though. Mainly because of support hardware.

Mac Pros are clearly coming at the end of the year (Thunderbolt 2.0) and September's the usually time for the iOS devices.
    Actually it isn't that clear. If they don't come now a lot of people will give up on Apple. Frankly I suspect a debut and shipment within a month. Apple has learned its lesson from the iMac foul up. If any thing is said at WWDC it won't be long at all before the Mac Pros replacement ships.

The big question for WWDC is whether just the mobile line with got to Haswell, or whether the desktop line (Mini and iMac) will go Haswell at the same time. Apple has never really updated both lines simultaneously.
    I believe they have but my memory is old. In any event I'm not sure intel will have ever product required for Apple anyways. Intels reveal next week ought to indicate to us which Apple products get updated.
    And if iWork is dead, there's going to be a riot.

IWork needs lots of well WORK. They need to address the file integration issue and features especially in Numbers. It could be another year before we see a decent upgrade though.
  • Reply 144 of 145
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member

Well, we've gotten past the WWDC bump and the MacBook Airs.

A Haswell MacBook Pro was spotted in the wild. But there's no sign yet of the Haswell-flavored iMacs or Mac Minis.

Anyone want to venture a guess when the Mini will be updated?

Is it waiting for a new 27" Display? (Do Mini buyers purchase Thunderbolt displays?)

Apple's next "traditional" release window is the first week of August, right?

• Reply 145 of 145
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    frank777 wrote: »
    Well, we've gotten past the WWDC bump and the MacBook Airs.
    Yes and now we have to wait.
    A Haswell MacBook Pro was spotted in the wild. But there's no sign yet of the Haswell-flavored iMacs or Mac Minis.
    Kinda sucks don't it! However I see this as a good sign, hopefully it means major upgrades such as Theunderbolt 2 and SSD standard.
    Anyone want to venture a guess when the Mini will be updated?
    Is it waiting for a new 27" Display? (Do Mini buyers purchase Thunderbolt displays?)

Apple's next "traditional" release window is the first week of August, right?
    Nope! I suspect the end of September or later.