Apple unveils new 16GB iPod touch model without iSight, priced at $229

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    constable odoconstable odo Posts: 1,041member
    Does it really matter what Apple does with its iPod line. I keep hearing that no one buys iPods anymore. I doubt this model is replacing the iPod Classic with such a tiny amount of on-board storage. The iPod Classic has 10X that much memory. The whole iPod lineup would seem to be a question mark at this point. I wonder if Apple can even keep the iPod line going much longer.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Does it really matter what Apple does with its iPod line. I keep hearing that no one buys iPods anymore. I doubt this model is replacing the iPod Classic with such a tiny amount of on-board storage. The iPod Classic has 10X that much memory. The whole iPod lineup would seem to be a question mark at this point. I wonder if Apple can even keep the iPod line going much longer.
    The Touch is the best-designed iOS device out there. Amazing engineering in that thing- so thin and light it's ridiculous.
    That said- it still sells very well to kids who don't have cell phones or parents who don't want them on smart phones yet.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    The Touch is the best-designed iOS device out there. Amazing engineering in that thing- so thin and light it's ridiculous.
    That said- it still sells very well to kids who don't have cell phones or parents who don't want them on smart phones yet.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Constable Odo

Shut up with your false concern.

• Reply 65 of 66
    Everybody talk about the problem with fragmentation. I think this is one example.

Every iOS device should have camera, gps, gyroscope, accelerometre and magnetometer
    (maybe I forget something)

you would make the life of App buyer and Programmer a lot easier.

32 GB 300 and 64GB 400 -> 100$ / 32 GB -> for 16 GB less it should be 100$/2 = 50$

the 16 GB would then be 250$
    meaning the iSight Camera would be valued at 250 - 230 = 20$
    Really (as in Seth and Amy :-)
  • Reply 66 of 66
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    the 16 GB would then be 250$
    meaning the iSight Camera would be valued at 250 - 230 = 20$
    Really (as in Seth and Amy :-)

What do you mean the iSight Camera would be valued at $20? Are you saying that Apple made it $20 more expensive to meet your made up price point?