Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Speculation that Apple's follow-up to the iPhone 5 is imminent got a boost on Monday, as new images of supposed components emerged, adding to the impression that Apple's production efforts for its next smartphone are already underway with brand new color options.

iMacs

The images first emerged on Chinese site Weibo (via NoWhereElse.fr, appearing to contrast purported iPhone 5S components with corresponding parts from an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S. Notably, the "iPhone 5S" parts are the same color as those that showed up in mid-May, leading some to presume that Apple will offer its next iPhone with multiple color options beyond black and white.

iMacs

The power button, SIM card tray, volume rocker, and mute switch shown in the leak are each rather similar to each other, suggesting that the supposed iPhone 5S will not see significant design changes from the iPhone 5's look. The internal components also shown off in the shots suggest little regarding the purported device's capabilities.

iMacs

The iPhone 5 launched to record sales only just over eight months ago, but industry observers and Apple fans have been talking about its follow-up almost since then. Some speculated that Apple would launch the next iPhone this summer, cutting down on the time between models much as it did with the fourth-generation iPad. Such talk appeared to die down, though, when Apple CEO Tim Cook hinted at the fall of 2013 for when to expect new iOS devices.

iMacs

Should the new iPhone debut over the summer, Apple could unveil it during the keynote at its WWDC conference next week. Apple in recent years, though, has taken to showing off new iOS devices at their own special events. This year's WWDC, however, will likely see the unveiling of new versions of iOS and Mac OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Holy cow, someone actually took a picture with a ruler this time! Keep it up!

• Reply 2 of 31
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Ive is a chav?
  • Reply 3 of 31
    LOL Tallest Skil, you funny man.
  • Reply 4 of 31
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Sir, if i may venture an opinion...it's the 3-CPO model.
  • Reply 5 of 31
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

I notice in the top shot wherein we can see the three types of trays side by side, that the one for the 4s is completely the wrong colour, which suggests that the colour is off (over saturated and more red), for the entire image.  

It's also weird that the people giving us these photos have that "icolouros" branding.  It's almost as if that company is the one providing us with colour options and not Apple at all.  It doesn't make much sense as presented to me.  It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

• Reply 6 of 31
    The gold color is for the Indian market. Can I get a what what. Can I get a hey hey.
  • Reply 7 of 31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I notice in the top shot wherein we can see the three types of trays side by side, that the one for the 4s is completely the wrong colour, which suggests that the colour is off (over saturated and more red), for the entire image.  

It's also weird that the people giving us these photos have that "icolouros" branding.  It's almost as if that company is the one providing us with colour options and not Apple at all.  It doesn't make much sense as presented to me.  It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

I think Gazoobee is right. It's very possible that icolours is a company that provides custom colours for your phone and this is not from Apple. They could have just taken iPhone 5 parts and colourized them. Maybe this is them (http://www.icolour.dk)? Note the custom colour iphones.

• Reply 8 of 31
    In a new partnership with Walt Disney's Lucas Films...Apple presents...
    The iPhone 5S...The "S" is for STAR WARS
    Available in...
    R2D2 White
    C3PO Gold
    Vader Black
  • Reply 9 of 31

I think we have seen this type of "leaked" information before from these types of companies.

It is really just guerrilla marketing.

• Reply 10 of 31

why do the 4S parts look bronze?

• Reply 11 of 31

Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

Maybe this is them (http://www.icolour.dk)? Note the custom colour iphones.

Why… wouldn't it be the company that actually has the domain of the name in the image? You know, the Chinese one whose site is mysteriously down right now.

• Reply 12 of 31
    japmjapm Posts: 36member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

why do the 4S parts look bronze?

iPhone 4S = Steel

iPhone 5 = Aluminum

• Reply 13 of 31
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Hmmm.  So if there's an optional gold color for the aluminum enclosure, what color would the front / back glass panels be?  White for a white/gold look?  Black for a black/gold look?  Or could there be some other glass color option to match the anodized aluminum gold, if there really is a gold option?

• Reply 14 of 31
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Those colors actually look pretty slick. Pretty unique compared to whats out there. I'd definitely go for the bronze option.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Gold color. Wow. Pace of technological change in modern times takes your breath away lol.
  • Reply 16 of 31

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Gold color. Wow. Pace of technological change in modern times takes your breath away lol.

Oh, shut up.

• Reply 17 of 31
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    I'd love a product red or deep steel blue.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Yea - the Indian market.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

In a new partnership with Walt Disney's Lucas Films...Apple presents...

The iPhone 5S...The "S" is for STAR WARS

Available in...

R2D2 White

C3PO Gold

Vader Black

....they won't be able to produce enough of them! :-)

• Reply 20 of 31
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    The gold color is for the Indian market. Can I get a what what. Can I get a hey hey.

No. It's for a particular Bond villain, who loves gold.