Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

I've vouched for Straight Talk but I can tell you they do have throttling and I was hit by it once for no reasonable rhyme or reason.

According to my iPhone I use about half a gig a month. I've ended up throttled twice and each time it involved crossing a state line. They are profoundly rude about it. They won't discuss or disclose your actual usage or in what form or fashion they think you may have violated their terms and conditions. They transfer you to a recording and that's it. There is plenty of discussion about it over at Howard Forums.

• Reply 82 of 92
    themacmanthemacman Posts: 151member
    This is a test market for the low end iPhone.
  • Reply 83 of 92
    lvidallvidal Posts: 158member
    Right now, with the launch of this iPod Touch without the back camera I don't know what are they smoking at Apple.

It will not sell. The camera is probably one of the 3 biggest points of sales for an iPod Touch. Photo sharing social networks are in bloom. And major social networks are offering easier options to share photos. What are they thinking about? And, all of the previous generation have cameras. Bad cameras, but at least they had one. In fact, they added a better camera and a flash to the 5th generation because of people were asking out loud for it.

I really hope Apple to have something under their sleeve, because if the don't this is will be a big flop.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    trumptman wrote: »
    I've vouched for Straight Talk but I can tell you they do have throttling and I was hit by it once for no reasonable rhyme or reason.

As I said, there are a number of people who claim that Straight Talk throttles heavy users and I didn't deny that possibility. I was objecting to TS' insistence that Straight Talk usage is capped and restricted and suggested that you couldn't access YouTube or streaming video without being cut off. Straight Talk is not capped and there are no restrictions on its use. Whether it is capped or not doesn't change the fact that TS was wrong - babbling as usual about things he doesn't know anything about.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

As I said, there are a number of people who claim that Straight Talk throttles heavy users and I didn't deny that possibility. I was objecting to TS' insistence that Straight Talk usage is capped and restricted and suggested that you couldn't access YouTube or streaming video without being cut off. Straight Talk is not capped and there are no restrictions on its use. Whether it is capped or not doesn't change the fact that TS was wrong - babbling as usual about things he doesn't know anything about.

Hey. Shut it. I'm on YOUR SIDE. Always have been. Doesn't change the fact that we're lied to so much that we have to parrot those lies to get anything done.

• Reply 86 of 92
    Hey. Shut it. I'm on YOUR SIDE. Always have been. Doesn't change the fact that we're lied to so much that we have to parrot those lies to get anything done.

What's that got to do with the fact that you're making things up and spreading false information?

And I'm not on anyone's side. It's not a junior high school dodgeball game. I'm interested in facts and information about Apple products - not fabricated claims from people who don't know what they're talking about.
  • Reply 87 of 92

What's that got to do with the fact that you're making things up and spreading false information?

And I'm not on anyone's side. It's not a junior high school dodgeball game. I'm interested in facts and information about Apple products - not fabricated claims from people who don't know what they're talking about.

Spreading false… 

I'm done here. Try to do something for a guy…

• Reply 88 of 92
    Spreading false… 

I'm done here. Try to do something for a guy…

You're done here? Good. Can we bet an unbiased moderator or, at least one who doesn't make things up all the time?

And you made false accusations against Straight Talk for me? Please, don't bother. Really.
  • Reply 89 of 92

And you made false accusations against Straight Talk for me?

Nope, truthful ones.

• Reply 90 of 92

Nope, truthful ones.

As usual, you can't even admit that you're wrong.

I've shown that there are no caps and no restrictions. Straight Talk's TOS says nothing about caps or restrictions. One person says that his service was throttled, but not capped or restricted.

Yet you still insist that there are caps and restrictions? What's your evidence (other than the hallucinations you seem to be suffering from)?
  • Reply 91 of 92

As usual, you can't even admit that you're wrong.

LOOK. FORGET IT. I SAID EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID MONTHS AGO. I WAS HARASSED AND BULLIED FOR IT. NOW, COME TO SAY THE SAME THING AND YOU FINALLY BACK ME UP, MEANING I WAS RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Just forget it.

• Reply 92 of 92
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    jragosta wrote: »
    trumptman wrote: »

Their terms of service expressly ban the streaming of media. They will tell you point blank that is why you were throttled. They have at times admitted to a soft cap of 1.5 gigabytes. After that you are throttled. I have even had some customer service reps declare that the throttle isn't removed even after a new service date.

I personally used to find crazy deals and add three months of service all the time. Now I won't even auto-renew with them because their terms and conditions seem to change at will.