iPhone owners spend 55% more time on their phone than Android users

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Were you not trying to refute what I've said?

You were calling people idiots. That alone has discredited everything else you have said.
  • Reply 62 of 75
    gedged Posts: 10member

Originally Posted by ged View Post

great reason to not buy one, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

You realise how dumb this comment is (one) when referring to an article that's a comparison between two things?  

If on the other hand by "one" you mean "cellphones," then ... WTF?  

sigh! allow me to elucidate: i was simply trying to say that spending that much time (60 minutes?) per day staring at a phone (and yes, by "one" i mean "a cellphone") is time that we're not using to talk with other people (to clarify: i'm including texting in my definition of not talking). i do realise that most people on this forum probably spend a bunch of time on their computer as well (as do i - no mobile phone, though), but this actually makes the problem worse (admittedly, it is perhaps only those who study societies, human interactions, etc. who do consider this a problem). and if these passive effects are not negative enough for you, i am faced, increasingly frequently, with the phenomenon of people who constantly check their phones while in a discussion with other people. this is not only mind-bogglingly rude (at least to people born prior to 1980), but also renders life far less efficient, as we are often forced to cover the same ground more often.

sorry if i was too cryptic earlier.

• Reply 63 of 75
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

You were calling people idiots. That alone has discredited everything else you have said.

Someone who comes onto a website about a company for the sole purpose of saying bad things about the company is an idiot.

Nothing else needs said.

• Reply 64 of 75
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Someone who comes onto a website about a company for the sole purpose of saying bad things about the company is an idiot.

Nothing else needs said.

What company about what website? Please explain..... There seems to be a very balanced and diversified amount of articles here on this website.

Does name calling violate forums rules?

• Reply 65 of 75
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by makingdots View Post

But.. but.. this doesn't include tinkering and staring at the homescreen right? image

Staring adoringly at the "non-boring" home screen that isn't "stale", don't you mean.

That explains it, a group of people stare dumbfounded at home screens, almost mesmerised by the "freshness", in their feeble tiny minds they feel compelled to share this obsession, which they do so, regularly at every opportunity.

Although "large screens" seems to be the favourite flavour this week.

• Reply 66 of 75

Proxy 6. I just love someone else wasting their time pressing my button of non-existence. If don't drink the kool aid, these people are so stupid not to let people hang their own self. Pysch 101, you are unsure of your own beliefs it you can't tolerate others and debate rather than insult.. But I can see through some of the bad actors in this tragic drama; it's staged. But with 10 people and screen savers shots, I think we can post everything verbatim ad nauseum. 

• Reply 67 of 75
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Android users, meanwhile, devote a greater share of their smartphone usage time to browsing the Web.

Perhaps that's because web browsing on a larger screen is a better experience.

• Reply 68 of 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Heh, that pretty much describes the month I had my Galaxy S3 before I returned it for the iPhone 5.  I turned everything off, installed a battery saver app, disabled multitasking, and barely used it and it was still nearly dead by the late afternoon.  I really wanted to try Android to get into developing for it, but I couldn't deal with it being my main phone.  My iPhone usually has at least 60% at the end of the day and I rarely worry about it, even on nights out.  Maybe the newer S4 and HTC One are better, but I'm under contract for another year.

You most likely had a defective unit. I use a Nexus 4 and I get the same amount of battery life as I did when I had a iphone 5. When I use my nexus 4 on stock I get the about +/- 30 minutes as when I had an iphone 5. When I use CyanogenMod 10.1 I get 3 to 5 hours longer then the iPhone 5.(But that should not count) 

• Reply 69 of 75
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...90% of the devices in use are iOS devices (across the board)...

Wait, what? That seems...dubious. Did I miss something?

• Reply 70 of 75
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Were you not trying to refute what I've said?

It was most likely a joke, if he wanted to be negative he could have said that this statistic proves you get more done quicker on a Android phone. May I recommend a vacation as you've become really grumpy.
  • Reply 71 of 75
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

Wait, what? That seems...dubious. Did I miss something?

Every usage chart since the first has shown this, to my memory. If you only ever read the lying shipment reports, you'd probably miss it. image

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It was most likely a joke, if he wanted to be negative he could have said that this statistic proves you get more done quicker on a Android phone.

Someone else said that (or maybe it was him); jokes based on lies don't often work well.

• Reply 72 of 75
    quest01quest01 Posts: 69member
    I can understand why more people use iphones over all android phones because the retina display is far more superior. The only android devices that compare is the htc one and samsung galaxy 4 which both fall short of the quality of the retina display.
  • Reply 73 of 75
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    quest01 wrote: »
    I can understand why more people use iphones over all android phones because the retina display is far more superior. The only android devices that compare is the htc one and samsung galaxy 4 which both fall short of the quality of the retina display.

Fall short in what regard?
  • Reply 74 of 75
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    quest01 wrote: »

I think you'd need to be more specific.

The display testing site seemed to give good measurements for high end Androids in the past year or so, and their methodology seemed reasonably rigorous.

SIII was good at somethings, not so much on others:
    http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm

SIV is better:
    http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm
  • Reply 75 of 75
    pottsypottsy Posts: 3member
    This shows that people enjoy using iOS more than android