Supposed Apple 'iPhone 5S' components again hint at new gold color option

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

No. It's for a particular Bond villain, who loves gold.

"I love goooooooooooooooooooooooooold…"

• Reply 22 of 31
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    No. It's for a particular Bond villain, who loves gold.

No, Mr. Ive, I expect you to 'i'.

(That's all I've got. I'm sure GTR has something better.)
  • Reply 23 of 31

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

No, Mr. Ive, I expect you to 'i'.

(That's all I've got. I'm sure GTR has something better.)

Bah, I can't mold any of his quotes into anything relevant…

• Reply 24 of 31
    caliminiuscaliminius Posts: 944member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    It doesn't make much sense that Apple will offer colour options on the high end models either as it will make them "cheaper" looking, not more desirable, whereas colours on a cheap plastic model kind of makes sense.  

That would assume the vast majority of iPhone buyers are elistic pricks. Despite the high preponderous of such people on this site, I don't think most of the purchasing public is like that. I see plenty of women walking around with iPhones in cases with bunny ears and bedazzled to the point the phone won't lie flat. I doubt they're going to be put off if the next iPhone comes in pink, red or neon green. In fact, I think it might increase sales on the high end as people discover the colors are only avaiable on that model. Beyond that, you may have noticed that most iPhone cases are neither black nor white, so I really doubt many people are going to forego an iPhone purchase simply because it comes in more than just black and white.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 810member

I will buy the "Gold" iPhone 5!  But why does someone what it in gray/Platinum?  I guess it takes all kinds huh?  But if Apple wait till September to announce it and release it in October; it a long, long time away!  Too long for most buyers who may jump ship to Galaxy S4 or HTC One or even Nokia's 925.   I hoping they announce the release the last day of the June developer's conference in SF.

• Reply 26 of 31

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

But if Apple wait till September to announce it and release it in October; it a long, long time away!  Too long for most buyers who may jump ship to Galaxy S4 or HTC One or even Nokia's 925.   I hoping they announce the release the last day of the June developer's conference in SF.

Absolutely will not happen. And no, it's not a too long. Do you not know how Apple works? One. iPhone. Per. Year.

• Reply 27 of 31
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    sockrolid wrote: »
    Hmmm.  So if there's an optional gold color for the aluminum enclosure, what color would the front / back glass panels be?  White for a white/gold look?  Black for a black/gold look?  Or could there be some other glass color option to match the anodized aluminum gold, if there really is a gold option?

I don't think it's Apple that will do the colors. The same company showed colored models a while ago:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/08/31/new-photos-of-assembled-iphone-5-leak-out-of-china-taller-thinner-stronger/

They maybe do custom color mods like these:

[VIDEO]

There's no reason for Apple to do multi-colored iPhones.
  • Reply 28 of 31

… No, seriously, am I the first one to manage to make it to the icoloros website? And translate it? And see what they do?

THEY DO CUSTOM COLORED CASES. There is no story here. There is zero evidence this is an Apple part and tons of evidence it's one of theirs.

And why did no one actually look at the parts themselves? The externality of the buttons in that image are BLUE, not gold; the internal case metal is a different color because you don't see that and I'm certain it's of lower quality metal or whatever. 

• Reply 29 of 31
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    … No, seriously, am I the first one to manage to make it to the icoloros website? And translate it? And see what they do?

I googled it but I missed the link because the abbreviation on the top one was in Chinese. I'm used to those links all being spammy ad-revenue links.
  • Reply 30 of 31

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I googled it but I missed the link because the abbreviation on the top one was in Chinese. I'm used to those links all being spammy ad-revenue links.

The site itself was also down when the thread was first posted, so it's more of a 'followup', I guess.

• Reply 31 of 31
    kspenkspen Posts: 5member
    I think the parts in the first photo for the iPhone 4S and 5 are reversed. That appears to be more like of the black version of the iPhone 5, and the other buttons are the simple silver iPhone 4S.